Profile for Amay > Reviews

Amay (England)

Drivers
Drivers

5.0 out of 5 stars Page-turner, 2 April 2015
This review is from: Drivers (Kindle Edition)
With the use of cleverly interwoven back-stories and twists in the plot, I was totally immersed in everything that was going on and could barely put this book down. The characters were interesting and the scene settings brief but well described (I sometimes find scene descriptions over-complicated and boring). Even when I had finished reading this book I still wanted more, so I am going to invest in another of Peter's books to see if that is as gripping.

Perfect Victim
Perfect Victim
by Carla Norton

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 5 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Perfect Victim (Paperback)
What this poor girl had to go through is so harrowing I had to keep reminding myself I was reading a true story and not a fiction book. Makes Stephen King's books look tame. The book is split into 2 sections, the first being her kidnap ordeal and the second follows the trial. I found the second section a little less gripping in places but overall it was an interesting read.

Pilot Frixion Erasable Rollerball 0.7 mm Tip - Blue, Box of 12
Pilot Frixion Erasable Rollerball 0.7 mm Tip - Blue, Box of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never use ordinary pens again, 5 Jan. 2011
These are brill, though maybe not so much on newspaper. Depending on the quality of paper you write on depends on the erasability, but I can do my puzzles in pen now instead of pencil and my son uses them for his school work and homework (he had an obsession where if he made a mistake the whole sheet went in the bin and he'd start again, so he had to do all his homework in pencil - now he's grown up and using a pen). The advantage to using these pens instead of rubbing out a pencil is no little bits of rubber everywhere - the ink is removed by the friction created when rubbing the end of the pen on the paper. They're not cheap but to coin a phrase "they're worth it".

Hasbro Boggle Flash
Hasbro Boggle Flash

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun on your own or with friends, 5 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Hasbro Boggle Flash (Toy)
Shame it has to be packed in such a massive box, but the little travel box supplied is great and the extensive packaging is now in the bin. The travel box is so small it is great to pack for holidays, but can't be used in the car because it needs to be played on a flat surface. Quite addictive and if playing against other people it can make you quite competitive. Has the option to be played with only 4 boxes to make things easier for younger children. Automatically keeps score and you're unable to cheat. Great fun, however it does occasionally need to be reset which can be a bit annoying if it happens when you're in a middle of a game and you think you're getting a good score. It's not a game that goes on for hours (unless you want it to) and is just as much fun to play on your own as it is with other people. Not as challenging as the original Boggle but a lot easier and quicker to play.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2011 8:52 PM GMT

4GB NANO STYLE MP3/MP4 PLAYER WITH CAMERA/VIDEO CAMERA/FM RADIO/CLICK WHEEL IN BLACK (5TH GENERATION) - NOT AN APPLE IPOD NANO

1.0 out of 5 stars Unconfirmed, 7 Jun. 2010
I had difficulty getting it to work after charging. Thought I had it sussed when I tested it for 5 mins after my 2nd attempt at charging but then the following day it stopped working again. I sent it back just over a week ago and am still waiting reply why it didn't work along with replacement/refund, so I don't know if I unfortunately had a bad one or if they are all dodgy.