Profile for A. Currah > Reviews

Content by A. Currah

A. Currah (Salisbury, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Race Too Far
A Race Too Far

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 1 Aug. 2017
This review is from: A Race Too Far (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book, goes into great detail about the entrants in this extraordinary race, the befores, during and afters. Needless to say a lot about the Crowhurst family but that it to be expected. If you like "The Strange Last Voyage..." you will equally like this book.

TFA 29.4010B Analogue Barometer
TFA 29.4010B Analogue Barometer
Offered by Blooming Weather

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice barometer. Certainly not heavy chunky brass, 1 Aug. 2017
Nice barometer. Certainly not heavy chunky brass, but that`s not to be expected at the price. To calibrate, read other reviews below. One star missing as it doesn`t come with any mounting screws and in fact the screw holes are so small that little more than a pin can fit through them! I used a small right angled bracket (any DIY store) wrapped with electrical tape to hang it on (see pics) and it sits nicely flat against the wall.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ambi Pur 3Volution Plug In Refill Twin Pack Vanilla Bouquet 40 ml
Ambi Pur 3Volution Plug In Refill Twin Pack Vanilla Bouquet 40 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Olfactory overdose..., 25 April 2017
Nothing subtle about this at all, even on the lowest setting. Sickly sweet overpowering smell that would be great for hiding the smell of the corpse under the floorboards, or the bong party you had with Gaz and Bez in the front room while yer mam was doing her evening cleaning shift at the local comprehensive. Nothing `fragrant` about it unless you like your air `freshener` to be aroma Armageddon, and as for it`s "Vanilla Blossom" odour, the closest it`s ever got to vanilla was when the shopping trolley it was in was wheeled past the ice cream section..

Hate or Be Hated: How I Survived Right-Wing Extremism
Hate or Be Hated: How I Survived Right-Wing Extremism

5.0 out of 5 stars Why the U.S. never dares to confront the gun issue..., 11 Feb. 2017
A disturbing look at paranoid ultra right wing `trailer trash` America. A sad story told by a man living with an ultra right wing, racist bigoted, narrow minded loser of a father who wanted nothing better from life than for his son to follow in his hateful footsteps. This isn`t the story of a lone crank, it IS the story of how millions of Americans view the world. Well worth reading if you want to understand how Trump got to where he is, and why we should all worry about it.

Over Ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphones - August EP650 - Enjoy Bass Rich Sound and Optimum Comfort from this Wireless Over Ear Headset with NFC and aptX - [Black]
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars SERIOUSLY worth considering!, 28 April 2014
Getting beyond the box, which screams Made In China (and what isn`t nowadays?) I found these headphones to be beauties.
My (wired) old Sennheisers, great though they were, were getting very weary, so being short of cash I started looking around for an alternative that was within budget. Seeing these getting consistent good reviews on Amazon I took the plunge and am FAR from disappointed!
Build quality seems perfectly acceptable, and they look very classy. Yes they`re no £250+ Beyers or Sennheisers, but they certainly don`t seems as if they`ll fall apart any time soon. Extremely comfortable, the pads surround your ears (they way I like them) rather than sit over the ears, which I think tends to lose you some bass.
An absolute cinch to sync with your smartphone/pad/ bluetooth music thingy too.
Sound quailty is excellent. I would say you lose a little bit of definition and "space" over other far more expensive headphones, and they are pretty bassy, but that can be cancelled out using your devices eq, if it has one. They can go VERY loud and I detected no distortion or rattle, things that I`ve experienced on more expensive `phones.
You could argue that my (very minor) criticisms mean that I should rate them 4, rather than 5, out of 5. However I`m happy to give them a full 5 as they`re PERFECT in this price range, and I would argue a far more expensive range too!
Just a tip (if they keep it in!) these are available from the same supplier for a fiver less on another well known site. I shall say no more...!

Infamous Aircraft: Dangerous designs and their vices
Infamous Aircraft: Dangerous designs and their vices

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished?, 1 Mar. 2014
A very good book, however the Tarrant Tabor and Tu-144 (which are both mentioned in the blurb) are NOT in the Kindle edition, so I'm feeling a bit short changed!

ZOOM Q2HD HANDY VIDEO RECORDER LCD SCREEN BUILT-IN REFERENCE SPEAKER HD VIDEO
ZOOM Q2HD HANDY VIDEO RECORDER LCD SCREEN BUILT-IN REFERENCE SPEAKER HD VIDEO

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but needs a remote control version!, 9 Jun. 2013
I use a Q3HD (very similar predecessor to the Q2HD)to video my bands gigs in pubs, clubs etc for post mortem purposes. It`s a great little mic/cam, the video quality is very good (if not outstanding) and audio is excellent. Build quality is a bit plasticy but it seems quite hardy and able to manage with the bumps and knocks a life on the road will give it, tho I would strongly recommend the case accessory available. Battery life is poor, and I always use an external battery pack (one of the Anker range also available from Amazon. Make sure it has the right tip!)which is more that adequate to power the camera for an entire gig.
For me, in the "real world", the one thing that it needs (hence 4 rather than 5 stars) is a remote control. I usually have to set the camera up behind a bar or somewhere unobtrusive (so it won`t get pinched or knocked if things get lively later)which makes it very difficult to access sometimes to turn it on and off, also to "que" the shot. Sometimes I`ve even had to scrub videoing a show as a crowd have now gathered right by where the camera is set up, because I can no longer access it.
Apart from this, all in all, it IS a very good camera.

Sony RDPX30IP.CEK Speaker Dock for iPod or iPhone Media Playback (30 pin compatible)

5.0 out of 5 stars What I`ve been searching for!, 18 Feb. 2013
I`m in a rock covers band and there comes the inevitable time during practice when someone forgets "what comes next" during a song. So someone has to get out their iphone/ipod thingy and we listen to the song again. As anyone knows who owes one of these (or an Android phone of course) the speakers are far from ideal on these devices, and very quiet.
So I solved this problem by getting a Bose Soundlink. Very good device, sleek, sexy, rechargeable, bluetooth connection. BUT £250 for a device that is used pretty infrequently?
So I sold that and looked round for something that did the same job for a lot less money, and this Sony fits the bill perfectly. OK, its mains powered rather than having the convenience of being rechargeable like the Bose, and you have to physically dock this rather than pair via Bluetooth. But at least while it`s docked it`s charging AND it comes with a nifty remote control, unlike the Bose.
And the sound? Fantastic, even at VERY comfortable hearing levels (ahem..) All in all a VERY nice device!

GoPro AWPAK-001 Wi-Fi BacPac and Remote Combo Kit
GoPro AWPAK-001 Wi-Fi BacPac and Remote Combo Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent (after 4 days of utter frustration!), 23 Jun. 2012
When I first received the item, I couldn`t for the life of me make it work. For 4 days I tried and was on the verge of giving up and sending it back for a refund. As a last throw of the dice I went onto the Gopro website and found there was an update for the Bacpac + Remote. Since the update (which MUST be done through the Cineform Studio program available free from Gopro)this product seems to perform flawlessly and you have FULL control over your Hero/Hero2, not just on/off like many remotes. The bottom button on the remote acts like the front button on the camera, while the top button acts like the camera`s top button, and the screen on the remote matches the screen on the camera.
So a very nifty unit, though a bit on the pricey side, hence I`ve knocked a star off! Just looking forward to the Gopro app being available!

HP P1102W LaserJet Pro Wireless mono (Black & White) Laser Printer (AirPrint)
HP P1102W LaserJet Pro Wireless mono (Black & White) Laser Printer (AirPrint)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good as a printer, hopeless with wireless., 8 Jun. 2012
Product arrived swiftly, and as a USB`d up printer it is fine. Fast and very good quality prints.
However, if you are thinking of buying this for it`s wireless printing, then think again as you will most probably end up screaming with frustration. According the the set up, it`s oh-so-easy. No, it`s not, and I`m into my second evening of pulling my hair out trying to get it to connect. It can "see" my SSID name, but refuses to accept my password.
To summarize, if you just want a mono laser printer that you`ll USB up, I will highly recommend it. If you want wireless, I`d try elsewhere.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3