Profile for Greezmunki > Reviews

Content by Greezmunki

Greezmunki (UK)

The Chinese Brush Painting Sourcebook: Over 200 Exquisite Motifs to Recreate with Step-by-step Instructions
by Jane Dwight

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable guide for beginners and experienced alike, 19 Oct. 2013
A lovely book to simply thumb through and an inspiration for the Chinese Brush artist. Illustrations and techniques are clear and easy to follow and Jane does not talk down to the reader. Her tips and designs allow the artist to adapt and develop their own images easily.

I would recommend this to beginners and experienced alike and it is an indispensable part of my resource library.

Field Guide Edible Mushrooms of Britain and Europe
Field Guide Edible Mushrooms of Britain and Europe
by Peter Jordan

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and concise, 19 Oct. 2013
This book makes a good companion guide to others (such as "Food for Free" by Richard Maybey). Photographs are very good and notes on the less pleasant look-alikes etc are very useful.

I would recommend it to new foragers to support proper instruction.

Letters from an Extreme Pilgrim: Reflections on Life, Love and the Soul
Letters from an Extreme Pilgrim: Reflections on Life, Love and the Soul
by Peter Owen Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Letters from an Extreme Pilgrim by Peter Owen Jones, 6 Mar. 2011
This is a thought provoking insight into the effects of being in a harsh environment and spending time as a hermit there. The letters are, I suspect, only part of the outcome of this particular period in Peter Owen Jones' life.
Peter Owen Jones' TV programmes and books always leave me wanting to know more about all kinds of things and not necessarily spiritual. These letters open up areas of the soul normally kept under close lock and key by us lesser mortals. All the more courageous then to put his feelings into print. I would love to meet him and just listen to what he has to say about spirituality and other stuff. This is the next best thing.

Van Halen (Reissue)
Van Halen (Reissue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Van Halen: Still good after all these years, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Van Halen (Reissue) (Audio CD)
I've enjoyed Van Halen since seeing them as support to Black Sabbath at Southampton Gaumont many, many moons ago. I guess that reveals something about how long I've been enjoying Rock music generally. Based upon the longevity of my credentials I would say that this, their first ablum, r(R)emastered, and in digital CD format is every bit as good as ever it was. Kids learning guitar still try to get "Eruption" into their "widdling" list and with good reason - it's still a crowd pleaser. I could say something about each track but I would be wasting your listening time. If you are serious about your Rock, and especially if you like to have all the important music in your collection, I would say it deserves to be included as much for what has followed as a result of their early stuff as for what it is today - great listening.

The Goon Show, Vol. 17 - The Silent Bugler
The Goon Show, Vol. 17 - The Silent Bugler
by Larry Stephens
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Goon Show Classics "The Silent Bugler", 28 Dec. 2009
This disc completes my collection of Goon Shows and contains, as the title says, some real classics.
I laughed till the tears ran down my trouser legs!