Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Property Valuation Principles
Property Valuation Principles
by David Isaac

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my bacon, 17 Jan. 2014
I bought this book just after enrolling on my real estate surveying masters degree. I am so thankful that I did because my module on valuation was a real letdown and was truly bewildering until I started reading this book.
The author explains the subject of valuation very well and with enough determination a complete novice can pick up the principles. The chapters are logically divided and the reader can absorb the subject material in a piecemeal basis. Credit has to be given to the authors for teaching this very complicated subject in a way that is fairly easy to grasp.
By the midpoint of my valuation course I has switched from the University material to using this book almost exclusively. I also own a copy of Blackledge's valuation and although that is excellent this is the best text on the subject.
In short, I would not hesitate to recommend this text to anybody just starting out in real estate valuation. I have just started working through the authors second book 'Property Valuation Techniques' and this book is better suited to those with a fundamental grasp of the subject. Nonetheless it is excellent also. The two books go together very well and will assist the reader throughout their studies and career.

HP 12C 30TH ANNIVERSARY CALCULATOR
HP 12C 30TH ANNIVERSARY CALCULATOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this version over the standard HP12c, 24 Oct. 2013
I'm new to financial mathematics and so I cannot comment on the intricacy's of the 30th Anniversary HP12c over the regular HP12c. What I can comment on though is the vastly superior build quality of this model over the standard variant.

I originally ordered the standard HP12c without doing much reading around of the different models. The one I received looked fine but the build quality of the calculator was pretty shoddy for it's price. Key presses didn't feel uniform and I got the impression that the keyboard was not going to last very long at all. Also the gold bezel was improperly attached to the body of the calculator and so it kept raising up on one side. This resulted in me constantly having to press it down, which was a real bugbear for me. I have sent this one back for a refund. The reason for the differing build quality is that the standard version is built in one factory and the 30th A is built in another. You can tell which factory your unit was built in by the prefix on the serial. The poor quality HP12c had a prefix of CY, whereas the 30th A had a prefix of CNA. Both these factories are in china but one has a much better reputation than the other.

The case for the 30th A is so much better than the standard. Considering that these are priced exactly the same you would be mad to go for the standard and inferior CY made calculator. GET THIS ONE!!

Contract Law (Palgrave Macmillan Law Masters)
Contract Law (Palgrave Macmillan Law Masters)
by Ewan McKendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent accompaniment to my study materials, 22 Aug. 2013
Having bought this book to assist me with my contract law module for my post-grad surveying course, I can say that it is excellent throughout. It is very easy to read, which is a must for a newcomer to the subject.
I have also noted on many occasions that the author is actively seeking to establish a clear framework of real life contract law, as opposed to the wholly theoretical subjects in my study materials. For example, A clear relationship between a common mistake and frustration of a contract exists, which was not conveyed to me at all in my study materials. Using this book in conjunction with my studies has really re-enforced the subject matter, much more so than using my study materials alone. The author also is very good at explaining the actual arguments surrounding contract law, giving the reader an overview of how each main subject has its pros and cons in the real world.
I cannot comment on it's effectiveness for law students but for students who will need to master specific areas of the law in order to practice, this book is invaluable.

Dr. Panda Restaurant
Dr. Panda Restaurant

5.0 out of 5 stars great app, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Dr. Panda Restaurant (App)
Really well made. My 3 yr old loves it!! Endless flow of seating feeding and cleaning keeps her occupied for ages!

Mens Nike Dry Dri FIT Running Vest Top Red T-Shirt Gym Training Tee Size XL
Mens Nike Dry Dri FIT Running Vest Top Red T-Shirt Gym Training Tee Size XL

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and incredibly uncomfortable to wear.. Avoid!, 11 Sept. 2012
I thought this running vest was a bargain.. Until I put it on. The seams feel like their stitched with fishing wire, making it scratch like crazy. This makes the vest incredibly uncomfortable to wear and the material is cheap and nasty compared to other vests.

Bosch PSA 900 E Multi-Saw
Bosch PSA 900 E Multi-Saw

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! As long as you know it's limits., 8 Mar. 2012
I'm not a usual reviewer but I used this product for the first time today and wanted to let you all know my thoughts.

The tool itself is a solid but of kit that takes both hands to hold at all times when sawing. The quality is as you'd expect from a Bosch product i.e. great. Its a really simple tool to use, simply clip the blade in the top and away you go. Compared to using a chainsaw its a pretty safe tool to use in my opinion. There is a bit of push back from the tool when the blade gets pinched whilst sawing but this is easily overcome by holding on tight. A big bonus is that you can saw straight on the (soft)ground, unlike a chainsaw.

The reason I am writing this review is to make the potential purchaser aware of the pro's and cons of using a reciprocating saw like this. In a review of the smaller brother bosch saw I read a review that a lady was using it to cut firewood and was raving on about what a good job it does.
Unless the reviewer was using twigs on her fire, this machine is going to take you a LONG time to cut your firewood. Its simply superb for cutting small stuff quickly and safely. Limbing (cutting off branches) on small trees is quite simply fantastic, as is cutting through smaller trunks and doing a bit of DIY tree pruning. Anything over about 10cm in diameter and the saw starts to struggle a bit. Theres also some smoke coming off the blade, which gets rather hot. Although being a power tool I'm not going to start dousing it with water!!

Part of the reason why I bought this is to compliment my two chainsaws and to give me a tool for all shapes and sizes of wood. For larger pieces I would go with a chainsaw anyday. Yes, its not as safe as this saw but it's a darn sight quicker with larger pieces. Where this little tool excels is for those jobs that you don't want to get geared up and fire up a chainsaw for. Being a part time chainsaw user and reading the accident statistics on them I get a bit reluctant to go out of my comfort zone with a chainsaw. i.e. felling trees, up trees, cutting up brush etc.

With this saw I would have no problem whatsoever trying something new or slightly less safe than i'd like. ie. up a tree.

So.. as long as you are aware of the limitations of this saw or you dont have a requirement to cut anything over a few cm then this baby is just perfect for the job. For anything remotely taxing you'll need a chainsaw or the like.

Taking all this into consideration it's still a great bit of kit that is guaranteed to save you bucket loads of time, and sore shoulders. Now i've used it I wouldn't want to be without.

L.A. Noire - The Complete Edition (PC DVD)
L.A. Noire - The Complete Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Excess Gaming

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could rate this but it doesn't even load., 11 Nov. 2011
I've been waiting for this game to come out for ages and I'm very disappointed to say that it doesn't even load. The game wont recognise my graphics card (gtx 560 ti)
and will crash back to desktop from the splash screen. I know it was only released today and I always expect some glitches on a new release title but this takes the biscuit.

I've got new PC hardware and can run any current game on high settings.

Perhaps rockstar should just give up on the pc platform if they're going to churn out this rubbish.

Avoid!!

Tuff-Luv Western Leather Collection brown hide case cover & Stand for Amazon Kindle DX / DX 2 / 9.7 inch / 25 cm (1st & 2nd generation)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up!!, 26 July 2011
I bought this a few months ago and i'm very pleased with it. The quality is great and I love the roughed up look that develops quite quickly.
A big plus for this was the fact that it has a fold away support so that you can read your dx from the table. This is used all the time as I have the morning papers delivered and read them at breakfast.
I think that the protection this offers the DX is great. Very sturdy front and back which sandwiches the dx and keeps it from getting scratched. This makes it great to just leave it round the house and wouldnt be a bother if the dx got a few minor jolts.

A great buy. Get a screen protector aswell.

Hama Extension Cable for Cigarette Lighter, 1.5 m
Hama Extension Cable for Cigarette Lighter, 1.5 m

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design. Poor product, 4 Jan. 2011
I dont want to be one of these reviwers who moans at a product but this item is poorly designed.
It did not fit my VW golf 05 cigarette lighter. No matter how had I tried to make it fit it was too inflexable and too out of shape to even fit in the socket.

Be warned!

Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 2nd Edition
Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 2nd Edition
by Ian Lloyd

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect start to web design!, 20 July 2010
I dont really type many reviews for products that I buy on amazon but I have to say that I would certainly recommend this book to anybody who wants to learn the basics of web design. The author cuts through alot of unecessary topics and gives you the information you need to start playing around with HTML and/or CSS. Buy this book!

Page: 1 | 2