Profile for M. W. Stallwood > Reviews

Content by M. W. Stallwood

M. W. Stallwood "MS" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Ronhill Men's Vizion Wind Lite Jacket - Fluorescent Yellow/Black, One Size
Ronhill Men's Vizion Wind Lite Jacket - Fluorescent Yellow/Black, One Size
Offered by ALMA SPORTS

1.0 out of 5 stars One Size as long as you're a midget., 14 Sept. 2015
Ordered 'One Size'. It seems that this means 'small' as this is the size which came. Far too small for me so my wife's had it. Now have to buy another one...not what I wanted. Would've complained to Amazon if I could work out how to.

The Queen Symphony
The Queen Symphony

1.0 out of 5 stars Queen Beheaded!, 27 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Queen Symphony (MP3 Download)
I bought the Genesis symphony by Tolga Kashif and it was magnificent. This, however, is, in my opinion, rubbish. I suppose that Genensis produced much more melodic pieces to begin with and Queen is pop / rock so less to work with but the pieces on the whole are unrecognisable with only Bohemian Rhapsody being acceptable. Glad I only bought the MP3; would have been gutted to have bought the CD at vast cost.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2016 5:19 AM GMT

Labato Hot Selling Samsung Galaxy S5 Premium PU Leather Flip Case Cover Pouch Holster, Slim Fit Magnetic Folio Profile with Stand Function for Galaxy S5 I9600 Black Lbt-SM5-03Q10
Offered by Labato UK Official Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality poor but it don't half protect the phone., 8 Sept. 2014
I've bought three of these now, not because they look good or because they last...because they certainly don't last: the plastic peels away from the 'weld' very quickly. I've bought three simply because a) I've needed to and MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY b) I've dropped my phone a number of times, always onto concrete or tarmac (never carpet!) and the cover has protected it on every occasion. Phone still looks as good as new 18 months on.

The War Poets [DVD]
The War Poets [DVD]
Dvd ~ The War File
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bleak, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The War Poets [DVD] (DVD)
Tried to watch it; thought it would be good for use at GCSE level but was quickly bored by the forced gravitas of the readings (plus the narration). Have to be honest....flicked through it. Won't be using it in school.

SKINS A200 Mens Long Tights Black/Yellow M
SKINS A200 Mens Long Tights Black/Yellow M

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect!, 8 April 2014
Don't know why SKINS seemed to stop making this style; they're comfortable on, great appearance and excellent at supporting the muscles.

Berghaus Men's RG1 Jacket - Extrem Red/Extrem Red, Medium
Berghaus Men's RG1 Jacket - Extrem Red/Extrem Red, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 8 April 2014
Although not a winter (extreme weather) jacket, it is extremely good value for money and certainly waterproof. It's comfortable for a day's walking and plenty large enough to fit layers underneath it. I wouldn't wear it in the coldest of conditions, however it is a perfect day jacket.

Milty Super Exstatic Carbon Fibre Record Cleaning Brush
Milty Super Exstatic Carbon Fibre Record Cleaning Brush
Offered by Analogue Seduction

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as you'll get - I think!, 12 April 2013
My return to vinyl has been fraught with clicks and crackles from static and I have been using anti-static sleeves and a carbon brush. The brush is leaving carbon strands everywhere and pretty useless in itself. The Milty mix of carbon and a felt type pad seems to do the trick and crackles are less noticeable when using it. Consequently I will recommend it as an imperfect but the best I can find answer to my vinyl worries!

The Official DSA Theory Test for Car Drivers DVD-ROM - 2012 (PC/Mac)
The Official DSA Theory Test for Car Drivers DVD-ROM - 2012 (PC/Mac)

1.0 out of 5 stars It stalled!, 21 April 2012
As per usual, the delivery was prompt and the product undamaged. However, there must have been a glitch with the software as it didn't work on either of our computers: one operating on Windows XP; the other on Windows 7. Sent it back and used online stuff free.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2012 9:59 PM BST

Water
Water
Offered by Music-Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Wet, Wet, Wet, 13 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Water (Audio CD)
Having seen Gregory Porter on the Jools Holland show, I was expecting a good blues style album. To me it sounded very manufactured, very tedious and a blatant way of making money for the artist. Sound quality was poor to boot.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2012 6:51 PM BST

Plugged
Plugged
by Eoin Colfer

2.0 out of 5 stars Unplugged, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Plugged (Hardcover)
I thought that a book with such rave reviews would be excellent: I was wrong. Obviously, all reviews are subjective but, from my own point of view, the book was written in a very simplistic manner with little or no characterisation. I won't be reading another 'adult' Eoin Colfer just yet.

Page: 1 | 2