Profile for rubymasters000 > Reviews

ResultSport® Velocity Grid Foam Roller 34x15cm - Red
ResultSport® Velocity Grid Foam Roller 34x15cm - Red
Offered by ResultSport

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Foam Roller, 24 Aug. 2017
Really pleased with this foam roller. It isn't the most pleasant experience using it but its not supposed to be used for a relaxing massage- its for deep tissue. Been suffering with my lower back and this has helped a lot. Also stops my legs from being super sore after a leg day workout!
Helpful instruction leaflet included and excellent service/delivery from the seller. Thanks!

MY PROTEIN Impact Whey Protein Stevia Supplement, 2.5 kg, Vanilla
MY PROTEIN Impact Whey Protein Stevia Supplement, 2.5 kg, Vanilla

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Good!, 19 Dec. 2015
There is a lot of debate about artificial sweeteners with some saying that they are the root of all evil and others saying that they are not that bad for you- better than sugar etc. I personally like to avoid them and have been searching for ages for a naturally sweetened protein powder. I find the artificially sweetened powders far too sweet and sometimes chemically tasting. For me this powder is excellent with a nice vanilla flavour which isn't too sweet for my taste buds! I have tried it with water (not my fave but the same as other powders) half milk and water and milk, each time it has mixed very well in my shaker. Sometimes I blend it with a banana and it does taste more like a naughty thick shake than a protein shake.

Carol [DVD]
Carol [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cate Blanchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall In Love With "Carol", 19 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Carol [DVD] (DVD)
"Carol" is about two very different women who fall in love in the 1950's.
The film opens with Carol (Cate Blanchett) and Therese (Rooney Mara) being interrupted in a restaurant and then goes on to tell the story of how they came to be at that moment.
Blanchett and Mara are both terrific. They have a superb natural chemistry. As soon as they meet for the first time you can tell that something is going on between them. Therese is enamored by Carol but doesn't really understand her feelings or how to act on them. Carol seems to be in control of the situation- the seductress pulling all the strings- but in reality she is very fragile, her world is falling apart. She knows how much a love affair with another woman will cost her and yet she still cant stay away.
So much is said between the two without the use of dialogue- longing looks, subtle touches, sideways glances. They really are both magnificent. Hopefully they will be in contention for the big awards in the new year.
It is a compelling, touching, heartbreaking film, beautifully shot and expertly handled by director Todd Haynes. It is one that stays with you long after the final credits roll. I loved it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Work Out, 31 Jan. 2015
I am something of a Beachbody junkie. I have done Insanity, T25, Hip Hop Abs, Les Mills Combat and I am currently doing Insanity Max 30. Out of all of the Beachbody work outs PiYo is by far my favourite and is the workout I go back to time and time again. In my opinion it is the only sustainable work out that you can use all the time. It focuses on strength and conditioning, flexibility, core and alignment.
I love the work outs and have really noticed the results. The lower body ones have really toned my bum! :)
Doing PiYo gets you into great overall shape but because the focus is on flexibility and alignment it also improves your technique in other work outs/ sports. I have greater flexibility in my hip flexors now which were a problem area for me.
Chalene is a great coach she is really fun and knows her stuff. She is constantly improving your technique with little tips on posture and positioning. It is a low impact work out but it still makes you sweat and the muscles really do burn! Also those who are new to exercise or not quite as flexible Michelle is always on hand with modified versions of all the exercises.
The main reason I love PiYo though is that before I could only manage 1 tricep push up- I had such a weak upper body- now I can do 15! Thanks Chalene!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2016 10:17 AM BST

Grab a Pig Card Game
Grab a Pig Card Game
Offered by Games 4 Giggles

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, simple and FUN!, 31 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Grab a Pig Card Game (Toy)
I bought this game for Christmas as I wanted something that everyone could easily pick up and play. However I wasn't expecting it to keep a group of twenty-somethings entertained for nearly 3 hours!
The game is very simple to understand- you have to have 4 matching cards before you can grab a pig but as soon as someone else has grabbed one you must make sure you grab one as well. Essentially it is like spoons but with farm animals for cards and plastic pigs instead of spoons. The fun part of the game is bluffing to grab a pig making someone else get one by mistake. It really does get intense- the longer the round went without anyone getting a pig the closer we would all huddle to the center of the table knowing that soon we would have to make a grab for it. Then there is usually a big scramble, pigs (and sometimes drinks) flying off the table and everyone laughing. Good fun!

Police: Harry Hole 10
Police: Harry Hole 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Jo Nesbo does it again!, 29 Dec. 2014
I was initially worried about reading Police after reading someof the reviews. Some reviewers thought harry hole wasn't in it enough and others said that the story was far fetched.
I shouldn't have worried though because it really is another fantastic book from Jo Nesbo. Yes Harry isn't really in it at the beginning but the story is still interesting enough and the other characters- katrine, beate and holm are able to comfortably carry the story. I didn't think it was really far fetched either. The storyline is as gripping as ever and I found one part really sad it was close to making me cry!
I love Jo Nesbo's writing style and I usually get through these books in a couple of days and this one was the same.
Overall I wouldn't say its my favourite Harry Hole novel but it's very close. Harry Hole fans won't be disappointed.

Grey's Anatomy - Season 10 [DVD]
Grey's Anatomy - Season 10 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ellen Pompeo

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor season not up to Greys high standards, 29 Jun. 2014
Greys Anatomy is my favourite TV show but I was very disappointed with season 10. There are a lot of fractured relationships, strange/silly storylines involving much loved characters and not enough believable drama. There are a couple of really great episodes- 'sorry seems to be the hardest word' and the mid season finale but not too many others that stood out for me.
I still have not warmed to any of the interns (now residents) and I found myself bored with all their storylines. Also during the last half of the season Shonda Rhimes decided to use 80's cover music which is a real shame because I have discovered so many great new songs from previous seasons of Greys Anatomy. It will also be a huge loss next season without the brilliant Sandra Oh.
I will still buy the DVD to add to my collection but really hope next season greys can get back to its best.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2015 7:05 PM GMT

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Total Eclipse of the Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Cover, 1 Jan. 2014
I heard this version of the song on the mid season finale of greys anatomy and I thought it was so beautiful I had to find out who sung it. Its slower than the original so you can really take in the lyrics and it fit perfectly to that scene ;)

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype...So disappointing!, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
Like most readers I chose this book because of the rave reviews. "Thriller of the year" so the cover tells me. Great- I love a good thriller. A week later I have finished the book and thrown it on the floor in disgust!
The book is slow to start I was very close to putting it down but I stuck with it. I didn't like the style of writing it was much too chatty for my liking. However once I got into the book and the drama started to unfold I thought it was great...until the big twist which is ridiculous. Its very far fetched and unbelievable but I continued reading. I didn't like either of the characters and found myself not caring what happened to them. In the end I found the whole book annoying, dull and a waste of time so for the first time ever as soon as it was finished I chucked it on the floor! Sorry Gillian! Not for me I'm afraid.

American Horror Story - Season 1 [DVD]
American Horror Story - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dylan McDermott

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange, twisted but ultimately disappointing., 3 Feb. 2013
This is quite a hard show to review because it really is unique to me- I have never watched anything like it! This makes it impossible to compare to other shows.
I bought it based on the good reviews and that it was created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Fulchuk of "Glee" fame. I wasn't expecting Glee but I was expecting the same quirkiness which it certainly delivers. There are moments of real shock, horror, gore and humour but somehow it doesn't quite deliver as a series. Some of the characters don't seem quite fleshed out enough, the plot seems thin in places and I don't think it has a truly satisfying end. Another slight gripe is that I feel that some of the language and sexual nature is added more for shock value instead of adding to the story.
There are some clever stories and developments and I have to echo previous reviews and say that Jessica Lange is fantastic. It really is her show.
The best thing I can say is that it's one of those shows where you will have to watch it and form your own opinion because I'm still not sure!

Page: 1 | 2