Profile for beabright > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Blue Flame, The Blue Series Volume 8
Blue Flame, The Blue Series Volume 8

3.0 out of 5 stars Anticlimax, 26 May 2015
I have read the whole series and left reviews, this book was hard work. It took me days to read instead of not being able to put it down, I struggled to pick it up. It has lost the edge the other books had. The previous book was different but did make you question the beliefs you possible had of what defines good and evil. This one wasn't as involved or as graphic as the others. If Dylan was to end up where he did he needed to deserve his placing. He wasn't evil enough. However if another book was written about him and Gabrielle.?

Dandelions Never Die: Book 1 (Dandelions Never Die - The Series)
Dandelions Never Die: Book 1 (Dandelions Never Die - The Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 April 2015
Had to keep reading until I finished it. Although a work of fiction it shows what the human spirit can deal with and recover.

Broken Silence
Broken Silence

5.0 out of 5 stars Gulp, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
This book made me cry and laugh and take gulps of air. I loved the first book and this second book was a brilliant following up. I liked the different perspectives it made it more personal. Child abuse is a difficult subject and the difference in this book is how strong the characters were in the depths of despair. Well done.

Nor Iron Bars a Cage
Nor Iron Bars a Cage

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 14 Feb. 2015
I loved the story from start to finish. It was a true love story and left me with that warm feeling you get when you have read a good book. If you are homophobic then give it a miss but if you're not...enjoy.

Number Thirteen
Number Thirteen

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't enough adjectives to describe ..., 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
I will keep it simple. One of the best stories I have ever read. It was a proper roller coaster and the lows were very low and the end was a high with tears. The authoress must have sat back at the end knowing she had given her all.

Blue Heaven, The Blue Series Volume 7
Blue Heaven, The Blue Series Volume 7

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like this book, 6 Oct. 2014
If you are expecting a similar book to the others forget it cos it isn't. It has grown up in this volume and is written completely differently. The view of God and Angels make you really question what you think you know and although a work of fiction you will wonder. It ties up some of the loose ends from the other books and although you may have your own ideas of what the author meant, you will definitely know. Again left on a cliffhanger I think..Will be interesting to see what comes next. Such a brilliant author.

True Blue, The Blue Series Volume 6
True Blue, The Blue Series Volume 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Brill, 22 Feb. 2014
I have read the entire series and this is the only one I had to pay for..so was worth it. Reminded me of the first book in it's style of writing...Roll on 7. Two points tho..How come Jess couldn't see Dylan as an angel but could see Gabrielle and Michael and how could he be an angel when he had murdered in hell?.....It's a story I know that...lol.. ;-) Would be interesting to see 9 vs Louis. I didnt like what happened to David, can see how it fits in but it was a bit uncomfortable reading, a brill example of how the boundaries have been pushed in this series. Last comment..you can't leave Dylan in a bubble...lol

Sinema: The Northumberland Massacre
Sinema: The Northumberland Massacre

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, 12 Feb. 2013
I downloaded this book because I'd been to Northumberland and although it's not a book I would normally go for, found it a compelling read. I read it in one go because I wanted to "get it over with"..I had to make sure I started something else before I went to bed..because I knew it would prey on my mind..and it did..lol I woke up thinking about how plausible it could be to actually put this story into action..and I really hope a nutcase out there doesn't try it because the simplicity of the plot makes you think it just could be. makes you look at a newbie in your community with new eyes..Well done Rod for a compelling read.

Vigil (An Apocalyptic Horror Novel)
Vigil (An Apocalyptic Horror Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it., 15 Dec. 2012
I found it a good read...flowed nicely with a good story. The vampires are nasty and not ruthless. I got it as a freebie and will eventually read the other books in the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2012 10:51 PM GMT

Under The Blue The Blue Series Volume 1----------dark,high school,god,magic,fantasy,christian,

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 13 Aug. 2012
There are 3 volumes to this collection and this is the first. Very unusual story, one story from several view points. Not going to give anything away but I couldn't put it down..at the end my words were..."eh..they cant do that"...but they did and it led nicely into book2..which I am still reading. I found parts of this book coming back to me at times..which is the sign of a good book. It's thought provoking and some may find it a bit too much to accept the concept...but that's why its so good...because it makes you think from both sides of the coin and leaves you asking your own beliefs...what if...

Page: 1 | 2