Profile for Charcha > Reviews

Content by Charcha

Charcha

Oxford Handbook of Medical Sciences 2/e (Flexicover) (Oxford Medical Handbooks)
Oxford Handbook of Medical Sciences 2/e (Flexicover) (Oxford Medical Handbooks)
by Robert Wilkins
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it everyday, 25 April 2012
I am a first year medical student (in a graduate entry course) and discovered this book serendipitously. It looked promising in the book shop but I am continually surprised at how useful it is. It covers quickly and concisely a remarkable range of topics.
The best thing about this book is its ability to clarify complex topics by clearly explaining the most important points. But I also use it constantly to clarify and revise things that I learnt in my undergraduate studies, as an aid in my anatomy study, for clarification of important points for subjects such as histology and pharmacology, and basically anything and everything that I can need to know about as a first year medical student (except a bit of clinical and pathology stuff). It is remarkable how closely the book follows the breadth and depth of the curriculum at my medical school. I also find it useful as an aid in PBL. The diagrams are great too. All in all I would recommend this text highly to anyone who wants to be able to find clear, reliable answers to their basic questions or gaps in their knowledge without having to sift through huge textbooks.