Profile for Chokka > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Secret
The Secret

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative read, 7 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Secret (Kindle Edition)
Bought this because if the recent tv series which I enjoyed so bought the book wanting more insight to what happened. It's quite a good read but I will never understand how Kyle didn't get dine for keeping the murders a secret although howell offered to testify against her.

Hearing Voices Handbook
Hearing Voices Handbook

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 1 April 2016
Lots of spelling and grammatical errors, prices it's not been proof read properly. I thought it started if quite well then it felt like later on I the book it had been written by someone less talented due to the amount of mistakes which poorly let this book down

Tarot: True Tarot Card Readings: The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot Ever! (Tarot, tarot reading, tarot card meanings)

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing information, 10 Jan. 2016
Got to the King of Swords description - and it was missing! That's the only reason I've given it only 2 stars because no one has checked their work!

Anne Boleyn's Letter from the Tower: A New Assessment
Anne Boleyn's Letter from the Tower: A New Assessment

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jan. 2016
Really enjoyed this book. I'm fascinated by Queen Anne Boleyn, and her so-called letter really opened my own we'd to what that poor woman was really thinking.

The Simple Philosophy Of Heaven: The true story of the unbreakable bond between mother and son
by Sally Woodmansee

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Dec. 2014
I went on the recommendation of Julia B on here (who left feedback) and to be honest I personally found this book a disappointment - and a little far fetched to me, I don't recommend this book, unless you are prepared to take it with a pinch of salt.

The Sassy Tarot Little White Book
The Sassy Tarot Little White Book
by Adana Washington

3.0 out of 5 stars This is 'okay', 2 Sept. 2013
If you can put up with the authors adult humour and swearing throughout the book, that is great. More directed towards adults rather than younger budding tarot readers I think. You don't get a great description of each card, perhaps a paragraph and no mention of reversals. I guess it depends on what your style and how you want to convey yourself to customers but sadly this book is for me.

Tarot Plain and Simple
Tarot Plain and Simple
by Anthony Louis

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
Firstly I must state I did not buy this book off Amazon (wish I had!) I bought this in a bookshop in Glastonbury. Wow, what can I say, as I still developing tarot reader, this book has been the VERY best that I have purchased, and believe me, I have many, many tarot books from different authors from Joan Bunning to Dusty White. Whilst those authors are also good, hand on heart, I give first place to Anthony Leuis. The descriptions are wonderful and clear and there is a clear image of each card. I also enjoy that the author has included reversals which I do use for depth to my readings.

So yes, a big thumbs up from me!!!! Five stars!!

Simply Tarot Wealth Love Destiny
Simply Tarot Wealth Love Destiny
by Amanda Hall

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 28 Jun. 2013
The book is OK interesting takes on cards but it is on a very basic level. Would suit beginners more than seasoned readers. Somebody else may enjoy the book but sadly it was not for me.

You'll find a few unique spreads to use with cards (this book did not come with cards), the meanings of the suits, and the authors unique take on each card. My book also came with a CD but I am sorry to say I did not find it useful.

Fiona ('Afterglowtarot@tumblr.com)

Lovers Oracle: Heart-shaped Fortune Telling Cards
Lovers Oracle: Heart-shaped Fortune Telling Cards
by Toni Carmine Salerno
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 28 Jun. 2013
I love these cards!

Most other tarot / oracle card box sets include a reasonable booklet which can heavy on the narrative- however this has a guide which is a couple of pages. So maybe a concise booklet would have been a nice touch.

That said, they are amazing and I have been integrating them with my love / romance readings with a tarot card spread, and they have been a HUGE success!

The cards are glossy and heart shaped - gorgeous !

The cards are relatable to every day, real life. The style is sassy and fun- for beginners and seasoned readers alike. I'm a huge fan!

Fiona (Afterglow Tarot)

Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards
Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards
by Marcus Katz

5.0 out of 5 stars 78 days of tarot, 14 Aug. 2012
Really good book, very impressed, would recommend for anyone who is a novice and wants to study the Tarot. Very easy to read and lists the means for health, relationships and career plus a few others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3