Profile for Mrs S > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
New Look Women's Washed Bi-Stretch Bootleg Boot Cut Trouser, Black, 12
New Look Women's Washed Bi-Stretch Bootleg Boot Cut Trouser, Black, 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice smart casual trousers, 26 Jan. 2016
Nice smart casual trousers, fit just right and a good length for me at 5'7, they may be a bit too long for anyone much shorter though. A really good price as well, cheaper than anything similar in a New Look store.

1 Luxury Personalised Heart Shaped Wedding Favour makes the Perfect Party Gift Memento Keepsake. Tins are filled with Mints, Chocolates, or Sweets.
Offered by Gift In Can

4.0 out of 5 stars These are a nice idea for wedding favours, 18 Jun. 2015
These are a nice idea for wedding favours, and the personalisation gives them an added touch. They're quite a bit smaller than I was expecting, about the size of a pill box, but that's my fault for not looking too closely at the size given. I'm having a very small wedding so only needed a couple of these, but I would imagine with a large guest list it would become rather expensive to buy these for everyone (although I bought these from a leading auction site where they were a bit cheaper and you get a discount for buying more than one).
All in all , I'm pleased with them :)

Monday to Friday Man
Monday to Friday Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Monday to Friday Man, 5 July 2012
It took me a while to get into this book, at first I wasn't too keen on it being written in the present tense, and I felt it didn't get really interesting until the Monday to Friday man was introduced. If the story had begun with Gilly advertising her spare room I think it would have grabbed my interest straight away, unlike the trip to the countryside to see the estate agent which seemed like a drawn-out way of giving Gilly the idea of getting a lodger. I think the main problem is that there are too many characters who don't really add anything to the story (for example, some of the dog walking group feel like they are there just to make up the numbers) and the story is bogged down with little details about these characters. I didn't really warm to any of them apart from Gilly either. There's also a mistake where Gilly uses Guy's name and then later on says "I didn't catch your name" that really jolted me out of the story.

The bit where Jack and Gilly do karaoke is just cringeworthy, but the birthday dinner party is enjoyably cringeworthy, and I have to agree with other reviewers that the back story about Gilly's sister is the best part of the book and shows a different side to the heroine that we don't usually see in chick lit.

For 20p you can't really go wrong with this book, it has an interesting premise and is a pleasant enough read, but at no point in the story did I come to the end of a chapter and feel like I just had to read on.

Let's Dance with Mel B (Wii)
Let's Dance with Mel B (Wii)
Offered by PARTYGAMES UK

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 and a half stars, 6 Mar. 2012
The product description clearly written for the PS3 and XBox versions of this game has been used for the Wii version as well, so if you're wanting to 'see yourself dancing on the television' I suggest you buy it on one of those consoles, because the Wii version is just a good old-fashioned 'follow the moves on the screen' game.

There is a good range of songs, and the moves are fairly easy to follow. Even if they weren't you can easily score an A+ grade just by flailing about, which is what I did the first few times I played it before I picked the moves up. Having the top grade so easily achievable doesn't really give you much incentive to play it repeatedly, but if you're one of those gamers who has to totally complete a game, there are awards you can unlock such as 'achieve an A+ on all pop songs'. Unfortunately on the song menu it doesn't tell you which grades you have achieved on each song so far, so you don't know which songs need improving on. You also can't put your name in, so if you're playing with others it isn't too clear who's on top of the leaderboard.

Mel B doesn't really add much to the game. She explains the menus (which aren't exactly difficult) and comments on your performance, and she's also the main dancer on some of the songs. However, the first song I did where she was the dancer I didn't even notice it was her until halfway through, so I don't think her input was really needed. There is the option to turn her voice down in the settings if she really annoys you though :D

Overall, I would say the highlights of this game are that the dancers are real people, and there's some good songs to dance to. It's nice to see some Lady Gaga and Pixie Lott on there, and personal favourites are 'Enola Gay' and 'Karma Chameleon'. I got this game for less than a fiver which is a bargain, and despite its faults I think it is a good addition to my collection of dance games.

Just Dance 2 Extra Songs (Wii)
Just Dance 2 Extra Songs (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra Songs!, 21 July 2011
I would imagine people will think this game is either a rip off or a good idea, depending on how many songs they had already downloaded onJust Dance 2 (Wii). As I had only downloaded the free songs, and was about to purchase some wii points to buy the others when I saw this game, I think this is a good idea.

Good points are that there are a varied selection of new songs to dance to which should keep you occupied until the release of Just Dance 3 in October. The dance avatars also now wear a glove to show you which hand to hold the remote in, which makes it easier to get the moves right, and is an added touch that I also enjoyed in Michael Jackson: The Experience (Wii).

Not so good points are that there are only 23 songs, and a few of them are quite short. Only half of them are performed by the original artists as well. This game is also Limited Edition, so once it's gone, it's gone!

If you're a huge Just Dance fan this game is a good addition to your collection, but if you've already downloaded most of the songs, or you're just an occasional player, I'd say save your money for Just Dance 3.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped..., 23 Jun. 2011
I bought this to remove hair on the upper lip and although it does work, it takes a few applications to get all the hair off. The instructions say to start from the middle of the upper lip to the outside on each side, but I found that it had to be done in smaller sections to remove all the hair, and the muslin strip had to be applied more than once sometimes. Bits of the muslin strips also come off and stick to the wax which can be annoying.

On the plus side, the wax washes off easily, and although the wax tube looks small, I'm guessing it will last for at least ten applications, as that's how many muslin strips are included. Also included is a bottle of soothing oil which reduces redness and smells nice, and that's what makes this product three stars instead of two for me.

I haven't used this on my eyebrows so I can't comment on that, but if you're looking for a less fiddly way to remove hair on the upper lip, I would suggest a hair removal cream might be better.

Paranormal Activity 2: Extended Cut [DVD]
Paranormal Activity 2: Extended Cut [DVD]
Dvd ~ Katie Featherston
Offered by Love-Your-Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok..., 29 Dec. 2010
I found the first 50 minutes of this film rather boring, and considering it's only 85 minutes long, that's most of the film where nothing really happens. The camera goes from the pool, to the stairs, to the baby's room and then back again throughout, and it gets really repetitive. Yes, there are a few bangs and a few doors mysteriously moving, but it was all done before in the first film and done much better as well. At least in the first film you never really knew what was going to happen next, but by the second film there's only so much that can happen when the action is centred in just one place. It gets three stars instead of two however, because the film picks up towards the end with a couple of jumpy bits, and of course it is left open for another sequel, of which I have no doubt there will be. I'm not sure how much more could be done with this franchise though...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2011 8:52 PM GMT

Being Erica - Series 2 [DVD]
Being Erica - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Erin Kapluk

5.0 out of 5 stars Series 2, 17 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Being Erica - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This series is just as brilliant as the first, although I guess no one pointed that out to the E4 schedulers who made the bizarre decision to move it from it's 10pm slot to the graveyard 12.10am slot. Hopefully that won't affect the ratings of this show and lead to it being dropped as this is a great programme that should be more widely known than it is.

Once again, Erica is receiving time-traveling guidance from her therapist Dr Tom (how much do I wish he was my doctor?) and we get to see her grow and evolve as an individual in each enjoyable episode, without it being too preachy or the moral of the story being forced down our throats like it can be in some other programmes.

This series is wrapped up so nicely I was afraid it was the end of it altogether, but luckily series 3 is on it's way and I can't wait as it is fast becoming one of my favourite programmes. Better than therapy any day!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2010 7:26 PM BST

Just Dance (Wii)
Just Dance (Wii)
Offered by Excess Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game, 28 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
As much as I love the Wii Fit it does get a bit tedious after a while, and I had almost given up on the idea of a game that was good exercise but also fun enough to do over and over again. However I think this may be that game. It's so much fun trying to do the right moves at the right time that you don't even realise how out of breath you get until the end of the song (if you're as unfit as I am of course) and there's a great selection of songs to make you want to dance. If you're wanting to get fit after the festive season but don't really like exercising, this is the game for you.

Red Mist [DVD]
Red Mist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Arielle Kebbel
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Red Mist, 9 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Red Mist [DVD] (DVD)
This film is made by the same guy who did Shrooms, and while some people would be put off by that, I actually thought that film was quite good and so I was interested to see what he would do next. This film doesn't disappoint, I'll agree it's better than Shrooms and it's refreshing to see an original horror film amongst all the remakes around right now. It's even better to see a UK made flm that showcases UK talent, such as Primeval's Andrew Lee Potts and Merlin's Keira Knightley lookalike Kate McGrath.
Story is student doctor Arielle Kebbel (she sure likes her horror films doesn't she?) and her student doctor friends are caught doing drugs by Potts, and when they get him to join them he ends up in a coma. Whilst her friends are happy to let his life support be switched off, Kebbel doesn't want his death on her conscience and so she injects him with drugs to hopefully wake him up. What happens instead though is a series of out-of-body experiences which results in the students being picked off one by one in very bloody and grisly ways.
The only negative thing I would say about this film is that none of the characters are particularly likeable so you don't really care when they are killed off, but that is a minor point in an otherwise very good film.

Page: 1 | 2