Profile for Neil Tipton > Reviews

Content by Neil Tipton

Neil Tipton "Oracle" (Wakefield, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Black Halogen Task Lamp- Kingavon
Black Halogen Task Lamp- Kingavon
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Black Halogen Task Lamp- Kingavon
These lamps are just brilliant at what they do! Superb light, good spread and so convenient to be placed anywhere on desk.

Post-it C2014 76mm x 76mm Z-Notes Designer Dispenser/ Post-it Z-Notes - Canary Yellow (100 Sheets)

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, 21 Dec. 2013
Good and heavy on desktop but post-it notes supplied are curling up. Will see how it is with a new batch.

Dream Theater (Special Edition)
Dream Theater (Special Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars MY DT, 16 Oct. 2013
I've read good and indifferent reviews about this latest offering from one of my favourite bands. I've always had a leaning towards the prog-metal side, having been a Rush fan for many years. I'd become a bit disillusioned with the last DT output - the first with Mike Mangini - and it appeared to me as if they were trying to make something fit that wasn't quite there; and the songs were very dark and uninteresting. A bit of a worry then!
This new self-titled work has brought the whole thing back into line. At times, mesmerising fluency and in-unison playing through typically complex and varying signatures, along with some beautiful melodies. Just like to add, too, that James LaBrie - sometimes maligned - is singing as good as ever.
This is what I expect from the band. This is brilliant. This is MY Dream Theater!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2013 4:40 PM BST

TeckNet Classic M002 Nano Wireless Mouse, 6 Buttons, 18 Month Battery Life, 2400 DPI 5 Adjustment Levels
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works anywhere., 4 Nov. 2012
What a neat gadget. Not something to go overboard about - it's just a mouse after all - but how nice to not have that garish red glow that others have! Plus, it works on my shiny white mouse-mat (pressy from Our Lass), which the red ones don't. Probably works on glass... (no, haven't tried it!).

Innerevolution: Limited Edition (CD & DVD)
Innerevolution: Limited Edition (CD & DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars That's playing!, 12 Aug. 2010
Love this. My music 'base' is prog-rock, metal etc but this is how I like to hear guitar played live. Blistering stuff from a real talent. And from these shores too! It was an amazon suggestion that popped up, so I checked out a couple of reviews and went for it. It's on in the car most times when I'm on my own. Have to keep the right foot in check through the first few songs!!

Sony NWZE445B E Series 16GB MP3 Walkman with Voice Recording Function - Black
Sony NWZE445B E Series 16GB MP3 Walkman with Voice Recording Function - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that's a Sony, 23 May 2010
Of course there are higher capacity MP3 players around, but this suits me fine. I'm not one of those who thinks the more music I carry around, the cooler I am, and anyway, you can't beat putting on a CD/LP from start to finish on a good home hi-fi. Too many people just don't know how to appreciate music... but I digress. Quality is typical Sony and, although I've griped about a couple of their other products (I got some poor speakers with this player), I can't fault this. Using it and interfacing through my PC is a doddle. Well done Sony.

Hill Street Blues - Series 1 [DVD]
Hill Street Blues - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel J. Travanti

5.0 out of 5 stars An Old Friend, 11 Jan. 2010
Ground-breaking stuff first time round. Loving it again. Makes total chaos into an artform! And I don't think my missus will mind me saying that I'd watch it anyway just to catch the totally gorgeous Veronica Hamel - a big crush in my earlier years.

NYPD Blue - Series One [DVD] [1993]
NYPD Blue - Series One [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Dennis Franz

5.0 out of 5 stars Caruso at his best, 11 Jan. 2010
Great to watch this again. The wife loves it too, not having caught it first time round. Caruso is brilliant; such a shame he has become his own caricature in CSI Miami (which is still unmissable, by the way!)

Netgear XEB1004 85Mbps Powerline Ethernet Switch Kit - Double Unit Pack
Netgear XEB1004 85Mbps Powerline Ethernet Switch Kit - Double Unit Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Netgear, 11 Jan. 2010
With two to three Windows XP PCs and various peripherals, I run a HomePlug (sub)network using Devolo 85MBPS units but saw these Netgear bridge units at an amazing price (to be honest, I think a mistake - they were far too cheap and no longer available at anything less than twice the price I paid!). I wanted to reduce the number of HomePlug units in my print-room, where I have three networked printers and had three HomePlugs; the Netgear unit reduces this to one. All, I can say is, they just worked! Using both Devolo and Netgear applications to set the network passwords the same for the two types, they just got down to working together. This is exactly what I have come to expect from Netgear products, the only bad apple being the EVA8000 HD 'digital entertainer', which has never worked properly and is soon to be sold.

Bach Flower Remedies For Women
Bach Flower Remedies For Women
by Judy Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife likes it, 26 May 2009
Delivered on time, as usual. Excellent service. Wife likes it (it's for women!)

Page: 1 | 2