Profile for Caspar W > Reviews

Content by Caspar W

Caspar W (UK)

Yavonae 25% TCA Chemical Peel Exfoliant 30 ml 1 fl oz - Professional Resurfacing Facial Treatment - Remove Dark Skin Spots, Fine Lines, Acne Scars, and More

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 24 Mar. 2014
I am using this to clear blackheads and acne scars and to shrink pores. I've bought 2 bottles now since last year and am on my third. I suppose the results all depend on your skin type. I've had Isolaz laser treatment which was the biggest waste of money. £600 and it didn't do a thing... it was meant to zap the sebaceous glands to make them produce less oil - it didn't. So I was recommended chemical peels and derma rollers but didn't want to spend a grand on it. So I got this. For me it works really well. It gets rid of blackheads (only temporarily of course) and shallows pitted acne scars. I still need a few more peels to get the results I want but it is definitely working. Some of the shallow acne scars have smoothed out.

I have quite resilient skin so it peels and heals relatively quickly so I can do a peel once a week/fortnight and I'm fine. That might not be the case for some people. Usually the first day after application everything looks fine and smooth. It's on the second day that it starts to make my skin look different and (only to me) noticeably 'burnt'. There's no discolouration just the burnt skin looks kind of shiny. And this is when it starts to feel tight. On the third day the burnt skin starts to separate and looks kind of wrinkly and a little darker in colour, but on me is not that noticeable to other people. This is usually when it's ready to peel off. This is probably the most uncomfortable part of the peel because the burnt skin gets really tough and tight so I have a hot bath so the steam loosens the burnt skin and then makes it peel off easily. It does say in the instructions not to peel the skin off because it could cause further scarring. But it does get rather uncomfortable so you just have to use common sense. If the skin isn't peeling off easily (like it does when you've been sunburnt) then the acid has penetrated deeper on that particular skin area and the skin still needs to separate. Don't try and tear that off. But generally it is exactly like sunburn. The skin comes off in relatively thin layers.

Sometimes I'll do a peel on Thursday night so the worse day is on a Saturday or Sunday and so by Monday the process is complete. But as, for me, there's no real need for downtime, I tend to do a peel whenever is best. Some people will require longer for the skin to peel. For some people it might make them look obviously burnt for a day or two and they might not want to leave the house.... but that's all to do skin type and not the quality of the product, after all it is just an acid. Best option is to try on a Friday so you have 2 days downtime and then figure out what's best for you from those results. Because the first time I did it I expected to look ghastly immediately and the following day and didn't.

Male Tailors Bust - Dressmakers Dummy - Mannequin - Display Bust complete with Deluxe Beech Stand

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for the price, 17 April 2013
The chest size is the smallest I could find, 38, which is good. But the waist and hips aren't much smaller. My designs were 28-30inch waist which is usually the size of real life models. The hips on this are 40inches and the smallest part of the waist is 33.5 which is too big really. But since prior to buying this I had been using myself as the dummy I just needed something to put my finished garments on so I could get a straight hemline and be able to take a step back and see if everything is correct this was good enough.

The Star Machine (Vintage Vintage)
The Star Machine (Vintage Vintage)
by Jeanine Basinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating read, 17 April 2013
I'm really fascinated with old Hollywood and love reading about stars plucked from obscurity back in the 20s-40s. This book goes into a lot of detail about how stars were developed and used which is incredibly interesting. She really brings them to life.

RDX Gym Men's Weight Lifting Gloves Cross Training Bodybuilding Fitness Workout
RDX Gym Men's Weight Lifting Gloves Cross Training Bodybuilding Fitness Workout
Offered by B2Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but good, 17 April 2013
Had these for almost a year and they are still good, just starting to wear down a bit, which is expected. The wrist grip improves performance. Owners were kind enough to offer me a free pair on my initial purpose, but I never got round to claiming it.

The Grand Canyon And The South West
The Grand Canyon And The South West
by Ansel Adams

3.0 out of 5 stars Good photos - a bit expensive, 17 April 2013
The selection of photos are good. But the size of the book kind of robs them of their grandeur. I did read the dimensions and knew for the price I was paying, it was a bit expensive for such a thin, small book. But I needed it for a project so I had to get it. Also the estimated despatch time was initially 3 weeks. And I got several emails saying it would be a week longer and because I needed it urgently I ordered the Yosemite book in hope that the photos would be usable for what I needed. Then this arrived earlier than the email said and I have 2 expensive small Ansel Adams books.

SanDisk SDCZ50-016G-B35 16 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
SanDisk SDCZ50-016G-B35 16 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, good and small, 29 Feb. 2012
Works as well as any other usb I've had. And is yet to break. The best thing is the size. It's small and slim so I can keep it in my pencil case.

100 Years of Menswear
100 Years of Menswear
by Cally Blackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant source of research for design students, 26 Feb. 2011
This review is from: 100 Years of Menswear (Paperback)
This is a resourceful book for any design student or anyone interested in menswear. There is a rich amount of imagery which is separated into chapters ranging from sportswear to workwear and the suit to the dressing gown. Each chapter has a short introductory essay for the reader to gain an deeper understanding of menswear. A very beautiful book.

Masculinity Men Lifestyle Magazines (Sociological Review Monographs)
Masculinity Men Lifestyle Magazines (Sociological Review Monographs)
by Bethan Benwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and very interesting, 26 Feb. 2011
I needed this book for a dissertation and found it much more interesting than I initially thought it would be. It is excellently written with essays by numerous sociologists and gives an in depth insight into this particular area of the media discussing the evolution of the lifestyle magazine from the 1970s onwards.

Book of Longing
Book of Longing
by Leonard Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars Insight into the workings of a master poet, 14 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Book of Longing (Paperback)
I am only familiar with Cohen's songs, and although most of them were originally written as poems it is great to read the ones he wrote in this book. The illustrations that accompany them are endearing and affective alongside the poems. It is an easy read and an excellent introductory book for someone who has never read Cohen's poetry before.