Profile for Stephen Luff > Reviews

Content by Stephen Luff

Stephen Luff (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AC8 Xtreme | Blue Raspberry | Pre Workout Supplement | Energy & Muscle | 20-40 Servings | 300 grams
Offered by BuySupps

3.0 out of 5 stars Too strong for me, 3 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried several pre-workout drinks. I got the option to try this one as a free product.

The product comes with a very clear warning to start with half the recommended dosage until you've built up a tolerance to the power of the drink. As I've been on some very strong pre workout drinks before I didn't think after day 2 I'd need to follow that precaution.

But I found I started getting a bit of a head pressure after a few sips of the drink.

It's possible I'm sensitive to such a product as I don't drink caffeine every day.

AC8 Xtreme | Watermelon | Pre Workout Supplement | Energy & Muscle | 20-40 Servings | 300 grams
Offered by BuySupps

3.0 out of 5 stars Too strong for me., 3 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Grenade Carb Killa High Protein Shake Bottles, White Chocolate, 330 ml, Pack of 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste. Very convenient., 1 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all you can't beat the convenience. To just throw a bottle into your gym bag and head to the gym is just so easy.

I was looking forward to trying it out after my workout last night. The taste was actually very acceptable. Pleasant. It was so quick too.

Usually I take the powder, banana and a Shaker. My shaker has my preworkout drinks in it. So by the time I'm finished there is a spare bottle to shake the drink up.

I will also add that I really love the lid on the bottle. It fits the name of grenade. It's chunky and durable. I will keep these bottles and possibly buy a tub of the protein powder and make one up before a workout.

Since I switched to putting in a couple of protein shakes around my workouts I feel it's given my muscles the protein fuel it needs to recover and build up my muscles.

If you are into your protein shakes I'd really recommend giving these bottles a go first. Try the flavour out.

Its impossible to know from even 8 servings if it's helping, but know this, chances are most are not eating enough protein. So progress becomes very slow. If you're trying to become stronger, or bigger, or a vegetarian, this is a great top up for your protein requirements. It's quite painful for some of us to be cooking so much protein.

STABILO EASYcolors Ergonomic colouring pencil left handed wallet of 12 assorted colours

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful little set with sharpener, 30 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like these pencils. The whole presentation of them is very inviting. Make a great gift for someone who likes the idea of working with pencil colours. these might even inspire someone who hasn't done any drawing for a while. I fall into that category. They are really light pencils too. The grooves work really well with the easy to grip with the fingers. Holding the pencil is very comfortable. The grooves also give the pencils quite a characteristic look.

These are large pencils. There is also a neat little pencil sharpener, specifically designed for these pencils to fit into.
I've attached a few photos.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Vega Clean* Protein | Vegan | Gluten Free | Plant Based Protein Powder | Chocolate | 552g

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well. Chocolate flavour is nice., 30 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tested this protein shake over the last few weeks and found it just as effective as my whey protein powder.

I use the shakes for my bodybuilding and the extra protein does impact one's progress of muscle growth.

Like other vegetable based protein shakes you can end up with lumpy bits if you shake it like a normal shake.

I put my my soya milk first, then half a scoop of protein powder, shake that up, then add the rest, shake again.
This sorts out nearly all the lumpy bits.

I'm using a 24 gram scooper I saved from another protein shake. I don't need more than that in one go.

I'd love to try out the vanilla flavour if one is available. Then one can mix that in the morning with
a cereal. I use muesli, and a scoop of peanut butter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2017 11:54 AM BST

Spool of 50 RiTEK F1 - DVD-R 4.7GB 16X Inkjet Printable White Top Full Face spindle 50 pack
Offered by Natureinks Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% on some of the discs, 15 July 2017
I won't be buying these again they are not working properly. They have smudges of oil on some of the discs.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2017 3:10 PM BST

Hand-Drawn Maps: A Guide for Creatives
Hand-Drawn Maps: A Guide for Creatives
by Helen Cann

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book on alternative ways to do mapping of any subject., 13 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Quite a few years ago I went through a period of transition of lifestyle and career. One of the very useful tools at the time was mindmaps. I used them at work and also to help me put my plans and ideas on an easy-to-recap mindmap.

While going through this book it reminded me of the times at school I enjoyed the more creative side of drawing in history and geography.

This book has a wide range of methods and various styles of recording places and ideas.There is a Human map of how the blood flows, Palmistry, journalling your trips to different places, all sorts. So going through this book you can get some ideas on how you might tackle learning something like languages, acupuncture or a snapshot of your favourite philosophies.

This book is a creative way of perhaps doing something as a hobby or more.

I don't have the time or priority to really focus on becoming a Great Artist. However, I would like to dabble with creating some drawings on various subjects of interest. Make the learning of such subjects relaxing and fun.

This book is wonderful for creatives. I shall show it to the 3 artists in my family as I can see for each one they would get a lot of new ideas from this book.

For myself, I'm more of an ideas-creative. So I can use the methods and ideas from this wonderfully illustrative book to have some fun.

Orla Kiely Climbing Rose Wash Bag, Medium
Orla Kiely Climbing Rose Wash Bag, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for those trips to the gym., 12 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a perfect little wash bag for multiple purposes such as travelling or going to the gym. It's well made, the zips look nice with the little tags on them as well.
I've included 2 photos with a pair of scissors for perspective of size.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nokia Body - BMI Wi-Fi Scale, black
Nokia Body - BMI Wi-Fi Scale, black

5.0 out of 5 stars Super and sleek, beautifully made. Useful for bodybuilders too., 29 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These scales are very Nokia brand. It's like a phone except shaped like a scale. I think it's a beautiful scale. Very minimalist and futuristic.

Where I feel the product let's itself down is the app. Also the website. The instructions are quite minimal, I would like to see a guideline of how the app connects with the phone and what to expect after that connection.

I couldn't get the app from my phone to connect to the device. So that was disappointing. BMI is now outdated. It's a ridiculous system. I have a body fat level of around 12% @ 80kg at 5'8". I do bodybuilding! So filling in these useless measurements is a waste of my time.

As a scale I feel it looks lovely and will become my primary scale.

update 29-06-2017

I used a different phone to connect to the device. Once you press the button for 3 seconds on the scales, go to your phone and make sure you are open to connecting to a bluetooth device. The device on my scale was labelled 'body 32'. The process once connected is to 'update' the software to the scale, take your personal information from the nokia app. This process takes a while. I had to attempt a few times as it seemed to time out.

On the app you can set your body weight goals of wither gaining weight or loosing. Each time you weigh yourself it will put the entry into the app and you will get a graph of that weight and the time.

I will find this logging very useful for my bodybuilding goals as I have fluctuations over the year and it will be good to see a pattern. Plus I want have to manually log my weight any more.

I won't use any of the other features as I don't need them.

Anolon Advanced Soft Grip 9 cm parer Knife - Black
Anolon Advanced Soft Grip 9 cm parer Knife - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely sharp and robust., 24 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a top quality knife. As tiny as it is, it still carries some weight. I tested it out on a banana skin stripping technique I use vertically. An ordinary blade can't come close to doing it. I have blades that can do it from Lidl. But this blade takes it to a new level of sharpness. So it's compact but really sharp.
I'd suggest you keep the little cover for the tip to protect everyone from an accidental jab.

The knife also looks professional and neat. A welcome addition to my collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20