Profile for Stephen Luff > Reviews

Content by Stephen Luff

Stephen Luff "Stephen L" (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scotch 50 mm x 66 m Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Dispenser - Low Noise Brown
Scotch 50 mm x 66 m Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Dispenser - Low Noise Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made. Needs a cutter protector at this price., 24 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well made Packaging tape dispenser. It's heavier than my current dispenser which is a cheaper model but functional. I find low noise depends on the quality of tape you use rather than the gun itself.
For the price one glaring omission is the safety guard across the cutting spikes. These spikes on packaging dispensers are a lot bigger and more separated in distance. In the past, on my older ones I've had occasion to catch myself on it. My cheap £3 dispenser came with a cutter guard. At the price of the Scotch pistol a guard must be applied!
The other feature I'd like to see on this pistol dispenser is the grooved grip. As I have the advantage of comparing like for like, I really prefer the feel in the hand with the finger grooves.
I noticed no difference between the two when using them for packaging.
I'm happy to continue using the new dispenser, I just wanted to give an honest opinion between my existing cheaper model and this over £20 model.

Zero In Decorative Window Fly Killer - Twinpack
Zero In Decorative Window Fly Killer - Twinpack
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Warnings on box it's highly toxic, 11 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was excited to get this product to sort out flies. However, the product has warning of being highly toxic which has put me off using it.

Rapesco 19 mm "Emoji's Assorted" Fold Back/Binder Clip - Bright Yellow
Rapesco 19 mm "Emoji's Assorted" Fold Back/Binder Clip - Bright Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent amount of clips to brighten up the day., 7 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really decent amount of clips provided. A cute idea that is really cheery. We need a bit more like these to cheer up paperwork sometimes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Buwico® 1Pair High Quality Waterproof Rain Shoes Cover Men Cycle Rain Boots Flat Slip-resistant Overshoes Rain Gear (Black, XL)
Offered by Buwicoeu

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof, easy to get on. Ideal for cyclists., 7 Aug. 2016
These were really easy to use. So far in light rain my shoes were completely dry. They are so easy to get on. My previous pair was Velcro attachment and we're close to useless in the end.
These are a dream compared to my last pair.

AmazonBasics Blackout Curtain 1 piece 134.5 x 244 cm - Navy
AmazonBasics Blackout Curtain 1 piece 134.5 x 244 cm - Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and was perfect for the requirement., 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was looking for a narrow width curtain for the end window in our bedroom. We have a rented accommodation with metal blinds. With the blinds down, window open on windy nights the metal blinds rattle. So we've had the blind up. Trouble is the the early summer light shines in and wakes us up.
This curtain is perfect for that. It does require a proper fitting to take a pole through the top rather than curtain hooks. But it's easy enough to rig something up.
Its a great colour and thick material which blocks out the light nicely.

Scotch Packaging Tape on Easy Start Dispenser, 50 mm x 20 m - Clear, Pack of 1
Scotch Packaging Tape on Easy Start Dispenser, 50 mm x 20 m - Clear, Pack of 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Its minimal and easy to use. No refills easily found for it though., 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a simple but effective dispenser for packaging tape. The tape itself is smaller than normal packaging tape. The width is 48mm by twenty metres. I've tried it out today and it works very well.

The design does suggest you can thread it through above the cutter. However, after a few attempts I gave up and just tear off what I need normally.

I'd like to see a link to the refills for this as its a very specific size. Smaller than normal refill packaging tapes. I get the impression it could go to 40 metres. Until I know for sure the refills scotch sells are for this dispenser, this is a one off purchase. If they did packs of 6 refills I'd consider this a viable alternative to my usual packaging guns.

This was a free sample to review. I've would have given 5 stars because I like the minimal design and would like to get refills for it. However, I took one star off because there doesn't appear to be refills easily available to buy. I even looked on their home website.

I've included 2 photos side by side of a normal sized tape and dispenser.
Comment Comment | Permalink

CKB Ltd ® 20x Plastic Spring Coil Gym Key Holder Jogging Swimming Wrist Band & Split Ring
Offered by CKB LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars not a big variety as displayed in photo., 22 July 2016
These are small coils. The pack came with too many yellows. The photo looks like you'd get a good spread of colours, but this wasn't the case. I was disappointed, but kept them as we really needed them.

APPLE IPHONE 3 3G 4 4S 5 5G 5C 5S 6 6S 6 PLUS IPAD MINI SAMSUNG LG NOKIA MOBILE PHONE SIM CARD TRAY HOLDER REMOVAL EJECT METAL EJECTOR OPENING TOOL PIN PACK OF 10
Offered by M&M GLOBAL TRADE STATION DISPATCHED WITHIN 24HOURS FROM UNITED KINGDOM

3.0 out of 5 stars pointy tips not flat as they should be., 22 July 2016
A lot of the pins had very pointy tips as if rushed or rejects. I found two that were passable. They work but I'm not a fan of a pointy tip when the official pins are flat at the end.

USN BCAA Amino Gro Supplement, Fruit Fusion - 300 g
USN BCAA Amino Gro Supplement, Fruit Fusion - 300 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other I use regularly, 22 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried this workout drink for a few workouts now. I was using Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement, Watermelon - 330 g before and I got outstanding results from that. By results I mean great stamina for long 140min + workouts at the gym without over training.

So I thought I'd give the USN BCAAA supplement a go.

Firstly I have absolutely no reason to big up The Optimum nutrition Supplement. Both were free samples. I like to think my reviews are honest.

My workouts have taken a real dive in the last few weeks. The endurance is gone. I can barely make 90 minutes on it. My strength has declined too.

I should add that I only use these supplements when training with heavy weights, for me, at the gym.

I'd changed my diet to a no sugar diet for the last 8 months and I attribute quite a few changes in immune system from that change.

My Sunday workout was rubbish. I lasted 75 minutes.

So today I decided to switch back to the previous supplement linked in my review.

My power was back. The workout lasted nearly 3 hours, I had great energy throughout even though before training I felt sluggish as with some of the others recently.

I could run more tests of comparison. Maybe it was the change in weather. Maybe I was due for a drop in form.. lots of maybe's. Today felt no different from the days of the last few weeks.

So I did what any sane bodybuilder would, return to the supplement that worked so well before and see what happens.

I won't be going back now.

Maybe this wasn't the like for like product I thought it was. But I feel an insane endurance on a workout with power would be the best for getting great muscular gains!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2016 3:56 AM BST

Verbatim 44404 Bluetooth Speaker
Verbatim 44404 Bluetooth Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for multiple occasions and uses, 16 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using Bluetooth speakers since around 2013 when I bought a jam speaker at Gatwick Airport before going on holiday.
This Verbatim 44404 Bluetooth speaker really fills the same uses for me as the jam.
Before getting the Verbatim 44404 I bought a bose Bluetooth speaker which is outstanding but goes for £160.
After the Bose I got a pre-order bundled deal on my LG G5 which included a bang & Olufsen Bluetooth speaker worth £350.
Needless to say you get what you paid for.
I don't mind having more than one Bluetooth speaker. Each one has a purpose. The bose is completely portable, produces excellent and powerful sound. Ideal for the bathroom or outdoors in the garden.

The Bang and Olufsen is corded only so one is limited on portability but is certainly the best one of all.

This brings me to the smaller ones.

The Verbatim is just as good as the jam. I think it's actually a bit better on the Base. It's not too loud that it will upset the neighbours downstairs or outside during the day. It's small as well. Making it very portable.

If you want better sound than your computer speakers or mobile phone it's an ideal companion. It's also ideal for a long session in the bath. I live in a flat with thin floors below, so I can only have a certain type of speaker on at different times of the day. The Verbatim is not CRAZY BASS'sed up that it's a disturbance.

If this might be your first dabble in a Bluetooth external speaker, it's a great start.

It also looks decent and understated. The brushed metal looks elegant. It has a great blue light while charging too.

If you watching a movie on a tablet this makes a great companion. While on holiday the Jam was perfect for sharing a movie watch on a tablet. The Verbatim 44404 would be ideal for this as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20