Profile for B Knox > Reviews

B Knox "NoX" (UK)

Plantronics 86050-05 Gamecom 380 Gaming Headset
Plantronics 86050-05 Gamecom 380 Gaming Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 21 April 2013
I've owned a lot of headsets over the years, some costing a lot of money.

I bought these for use with games, skype and some video commenteries i do and they are really good quality. The mic is very clear and my voice comes across nicely thorugh it while the sound quality is also very good in the headset itself. I have owned the Fatal1ty headet by creative before this one and this headsent beats it in all departments for me. The headset sits on my head very comnfortably and adjusts well to the shape of my fairly big head. They earphones are very copmfortable and produce excellent sound quality. The is a mic mute button situated near the volume control on the back of the left earphone and there is also a movable mic arm that is sturdy and can easily be moved in and out of talking position. It takes a little getting used to using the mic mute button and controls where they are if your used to the usual cable located ones but once you are used to it i find it to be much better having them where they are.

The build quality is solid; they have padding for the ears and the top of the head and have a sturdy feel to them. It is worth noting the cable is not a usb one, this is one is split into a mic cable and one for the speakers so plug these straight into your sound card. Thankfully i have a pretty good soundcard so this works nicely for me.

I paid the £20 price for these and recieved them 2 days later on super saver delivery which was great! As a nod to the comfort levels of them i went to have a 1 hour go of DayZ one night and ended up playing all night for around 5 hours and didnt even notice the headset (also with glasses on), if in fact all i noticed was that they kept my ears warm and the sound quality was brilliant, i heard noises i hadnt even noticed before! The mic was great too and everyone could here me clearly (although i turned up the mic in Windows 7 and tested it a fair bit before i played).

For the price this is an excellent headset that could easily cost a lot more, unless you want a 7.1 ultra high-quality headset this is the best possible value. It performs as well if not better than many much dearer headsets and is all you need for gaming and skype/vblogging etc. unless you 'need' surround sound.

5/5 - excellent headset at a great price!

Lindo Apprentice Series Cutaway Acoustic Guitar with Carry Case - Sunburst Tiger

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first guitar, 12 Jan. 2013
I bought this guitar back in October as a complete beginner and thought now (as i can play it a little now) was the time to leave a review having had it and used it daily for a few months.

Well its a fantastic guitar for the price, the string action is good (the strings are pretty close to the fret board) and the build quality feels good too. The strings that come with it are fine to start with but my advice is to buy some good quality low gauge Martin strings. The sound of good strings on this guitar are really good and shows off the potential of the guitar to sound really good which for a budget guitar is very satisfying. Also low gauge strings are easier to hold down for beginners.

So for your money you get a good (and I mean Good!) quality guitar right of the bat with a carry case if you have lessons or places to go to with it. If you invest in some good strings (i paid less than £4 for my martins on amazon) then you'll notice an improvement in playability and sound which makes it an even better buy.

100% recommend as a first time guitar or as a good cheap back up/travel guitar for experienced players.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 1:28 AM BST

May I Have Your Attention Please?
May I Have Your Attention Please?
by James Corden

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read for aspiring actors, 13 Jan. 2012
I dont read much, i can count on one hand the amount of books that have held my interest long enough for me to finish them. This book did hold my interest and perhaps that's down to the fact i'm an aspiring actor/writer myself so to be honest i drew some inspiration from his story.

The book has a light-hearted and chatty tone from the get go and unless your a cold hearted cynic will surely have you chuckle out loud a few times. There are parts of the book which go into great detail a little inexplicably; there is a whole chapter on his high school rugby team, yet there are times when he fails to even mention some things until he fleetingly adds in a little sentence that he filmed a whole second series of a TV show - sometimes i wish he perhaps put the detail into other areas.

What is most charming for me about the book other than its warm tone is the story of how he went from a overweight, under achiever at school who failed hundreds of auditions to the man he is today; a successful actor/writer. Its interesting to hear where he drew inspiration for Gavin & Stacy and about some of the things that have gone on in his career.

As I mentioned im not a big reader so i dont really know what i should expect from an autobiography, but for what its worth James Cordon entertained and inspired me as a aspiring actor myself and for that his book was worth the read.

There are more cynical bookworms who devour autobiographies weekly who will tell you its light on detail, wishy washy and far too warm and whimsical. They want the dirty details and soul bearing extravaganzas. The truth is different people find different things interesting, for me I can relate to a lot of what he writes about and I enjoy his writing style, it made for an unassuming and easy read and didn't try to be too clever.

If your a Cordon fan im sure you'll enjoy it, if your an actor or writer looking for some inspiration and a laugh then this ones worth a read. Good book.

Kinect Sports - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Kinect Sports - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads Of fun For all Ages, 11 Feb. 2011
I got this when i bought my kinect and i have to say of the 5 games i got its the one that gets played the most.

The game is similar in it's fun themed sports style to Nintendo Wii's Sports resort game but its much better than that. The game has a number of core sports or 'main events' such as football, bowling, boxing, track & field etc. and it also has a series of mini games based on each of these.

All the game modes are alot of fun, while not exactly simulation style or serious it is a while lot of fun. I'm 30 and i play alongside my 5 year old, my 3 year old, their 67 year old grandad and their 26 year old mother sometimes too and we all have a great laugh, the grandad of the family who is no gamer by the way really loves the game.

At the end of an event the game shows you a video of you all playing the game recorded by the kinect itself which can be very funny.

The core of the kinect's appeal and fun is the fact your body movements are recorded and put into the game and in Kinect sports there is good reward for doing things properly but it is forgiving enough for my 3 year old to play the bowling without and direct help and still get herself some strikes!

Overall a top quality fun game and a great launch product for the kinect, i expect it wont be long too before the hardcore gamer or sports fan is being catered for with simulation style sports games too.

If your gonna buy a kinect get this game with it, if you have a kinect but didnt buy Kinect sports yet then get it, it's the one kinect game you should have in your collection right now for some good old fashioned family fun.