Profile for Rog > Reviews

Content by Rog

Rog "Rog" (Staffordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
50mm Rotary Airer Soil Spike
50mm Rotary Airer Soil Spike
Offered by Maunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item! 50mm diameter but we needed it for ..., 18 May 2015
Excellent item! 50mm diameter but we needed it for a Minky airer that had a 45mm pole. But - the pole was supplied with a black plastic sleeve that takes up the slack between the airer and the spike! Measure carefully!

Sonic Attack
Sonic Attack

5.0 out of 5 stars Atomhenge Do It Again!, 23 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Sonic Attack (Audio CD)
Released on 22 February 2010, my copy arrived on 24 February - well done Amazon, as always - the customer can rely on you!

I'm not going to go into a "song by song" review of this album, as I'm not sure that's necessary. What I will say is that this Atomhenge remastered version of Sonic Attack is simply astonishing! I've owned the vinyl version of this album since it was first released but this CD is remarkable! It's like being surrounded by the music, it fills your listening space and it is so crisp and involving. Hawkwind's music has been crying out for this treatment for countless years and now, finally, it has received the treatment it so fully deserves.

If you like Hawkwind and don't own this CD, then you really ought to consider buying it. Also, if you don't already own it, buy the limited edition Levitation box set because that is a work of art!

I'm not exactly the sort of bloke to go splashing cash about, I expect something of quality for my money and this CD in particular delivers that - well done once again Atomhenge!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2013 12:52 AM GMT

Wake The Sleeper
Wake The Sleeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece!, 28 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Wake The Sleeper (Audio CD)
I wouldn't exactly say I was a life long Uriah Heep fan...but I do like a lot of their music and I've not really heard much for some years now.

I stumbled across Sonic Origami and I really liked that, so I decided to give Wake The Sleeper a listen.

This CD is blessed with production that does the music justice - it fills the entire space, grabs you and doesn't let go! It could so easily have been ruined by under or over production but it's spot-on - an absolute joy to listen to!

I'm not going into a song-by-song review but I will say that there isn't one duff song on this CD. In fact, I seem to be having trouble listening to anything else just at the moment, I'm so captivated by this. I can't turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, how the young bands of today have so much to learn...buy this, listen to it and lose yourself in it.

A true masterpiece. And no mistake.

Western Digital Elements 400GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital Elements 400GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous!, 29 Jan. 2009
I have a substantial music library on my PC in iTunes and it needed to be backed up. After looking around and reading other reviews on various external hard drives, I settled on this one.

I wasn't disappointed on unpacking it. Amazon had packed it extremely well and it is already very well packed by Western Digital themselves. It seems to be well made too and with a rubberised/silicon-type cover over each end, the drive 'sticks' nicely to the desk I have it sitting on.

The drive was formatted as FAT32, a quick format into NTFS after installation and I was ready to go! I was amazed at the lack of noise from it - it's virtually silent when in use.

It's worth noting that it is mains powered - I didn't spot that in any of the descriptions before I purchased it, but it's not a problem to me.

In summary - I'd recommend this drive to anyone and for the money (I paid £44.99), it's an absolute bargain!

You Can Take the Cat out of Slough . . .
You Can Take the Cat out of Slough . . .
by Chris Pascoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Books Do Not Come Any More Funny Than This One!, 21 Feb. 2008
After the totally hilarious "A Cat Called Birmingham", I couldn't wait to read this book. I was hoping it would be as good and I'm pleased to say it's even more funny! I didn't think it would be possible to top the first book, never mind better it.

Chris Pascoe has an easy-going writing style and I found the book difficult to put down. It's a laugh a minute and I can't recommend buying it enough!

Hopefully there'll be another book soon!

Singles And The Videos, The [11cd + DVD]
Singles And The Videos, The [11cd + DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop moaning!, 24 Nov. 2007
For years, the Gillan albums were unavailable on CD. Of course, they've been re-released now and, yes, all of the songs included in this box set are included on those CDs.

But that's not the point is it? This box set isn't for the casual listener but for the collector. For a lifelong Gillan fan like myself, I think it's superb!

The box itself is a neat piece of packaging, very presentable and looks good on your CD shelves. The sleeves on the CDs themselves have been faithfully reproduced and there's the bonus DVD with the videos on too!

Rounding it all off is an informative and well-produced booklet.

Whilst I own all of the Gillan CDs, I felt I wanted this (want as opposed to need) box set to round off my collection.

I feel that previous reviewers who have given this collection one or two stars have missed the point. For the serious collector, I feel it's worth every penny.

Paws in the Proceedings
Paws in the Proceedings
by Deric Longden

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally hilarious!, 17 Nov. 2007
I've read Deric's other books and thoroughly enjoyed them, so I wasn't expecting this one to be any different. It wasn't!

Back after a fairly long illness, Deric is on top form and I recommend this book to anyone wanting a laugh. This book is a laugh a minute and if you're owned by cats yourself, you'll relate to it even more!

More books please, Deric!

Sennheiser CX300-B High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Black
Sennheiser CX300-B High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every single penny, 18 May 2007
I was given an iPod for my birthday and whilst I was fairly impressed with it, I had a sneaking feeling that the sound quality wasn't all it could (or should) be - even with CDs ripped at the best possible quality.

I also found that the iPod standard ear pieces were about as comfortable to wear as having a 6 inch nail hammered into each ear. It's not as though the sound quality they produced was worth the pain either - the bass response from them was fairly dire.

So after a look around the web, I ended-up with a pair of these CX300 headphones.

I've had them just a few days and I love them! They exclude virtually all external sound, they fit perfectly in my ears and they're comfortable too. The bass response is crisp and full, and the rest of the sound spectrum is very clear too.

The only criticism I have is that a case is not included with them and as I'm owned by two Siamese cats who don't miss a thing, I have to be very careful where I leave them lying around. It's also a problem if you're out and about and you need to put them away - all you can do is stuff 'em in your pocket! But that aside, I'd definitely recommend them as a replacement for the iPod standard issue headphones without breaking the bank.

A steal at the £16.50 I paid Amazon for them!

A Cat Called Birmingham
A Cat Called Birmingham
by Chris Pascoe

5.0 out of 5 stars The most hilarious book I have ever read!, 1 May 2007
Not being familiar with Chris Pascoe at all, I decided to give this book a chance based on other reviews here. That was definitely the correct decision!

Being owned by two (Siamese) cats myself, I can relate to just about everything in this book! Sitting in the garden, laughing until my sides hurt and the tears ran down my face, I think the neighbours must have finally thought I'd completely lost it!

A brilliant read, especially if you are owned by cats. I'll not say anymore than that - buy it and enjoy it!

Glory Road
Glory Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Echoing C. H. Turnbull's Review, 6 April 2007
This review is from: Glory Road (Audio CD)
Sometimes you come to write about something, be it a CD or a book for example, and words fail you.

This is one of those occasions for me! An absolutely brillant album, buy it, listen to it, enjoy it! It's been a very long time since music like this was around. Gillan at their very best!

The second disc is humourous in places (music aside) and definitely for Gillan Fans Only, but to be honest, at this price, you would pay twice the price for disc one alone! Glory Road is THE Gillan album - if you don't buy any of the others, do yourself a favour and buy this one.

I've given five stars only because Amazon won't let me give it ten!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2008 9:58 PM GMT