Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Profile for Ato Erzan-Essien > Reviews

Content by Ato Erzan-Essien

Ato Erzan-Essien

Red Ocean This House Runs On Love Laughter & Prosecco Home Decor Funny Poem Hanging Wooden Plaque Sign Gift
Offered by Hot UK Stuff

1.0 out of 5 stars Hey wait a minute - it's not a plaque featuring a heart-warming phrase but a piece of expensive firewood...!, 18 Aug. 2017
This is an astonishingly poor product for the price. It looks and feels so cheap in terms of quality that it was too embarrassing to give it away as the gift it was originally intended to be. I could have made this myself. In fact, I wish I had because although I am certainly no artist, I could have made it for the fraction of the price and still have done a better job. Under heavy sedation. With my hands tied behind my back. Blindfolded. As it does not appear that it is eligible for a refund, it is in contention to be becoming the most expensive piece of firewood I've ever purchased but I suspect even the flames it would give off wouldn't be very good. So sorry Amazon but this item is complete rubbish and I'm really annoyed I can't get a refund.

CLEARWATER TENOR SOLID TOP ROUNDBACK UKE ELECTRO ACOUSTIC UKULELE - LATEST MODEL - SATIN FINISH - SPECIAL OFFER PRICE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent uke!, 20 Aug. 2014
I was very reluctant to purchase any musical instrument without trying but due to the fact that there appears to be so little choice in physical music stores when it comes to tenor ukuleles, I decided to take a chance. Having researched instruments over several months, I finally settled on one that seemed to fit the bill - a very reasonably priced electro-acoustic with a good sound - plugged and unplugged. The Really Useful Music Company also offered a money back guarantee which also made me feel a lot better about parting with my cash. It arrived promptly - a couple of days after ordering and well packaged. The lightness of the instrument in terms of weight was a surprise - it seems lighter than my Stagg concert uke - but that is most likely down to the lightweight (plastic/resin composite) round(ish) back.
Initially it sounded flat but the instrument and particularly the strings (which I assume are Aquila but there is no indication on the uke or in the accompanying packaging to suggest otherwise) definitely need time to settle. I was also impressed with its robust design and it can take some hard strumming. It also looks good but it's very much a 'does exactly what it says on the tin' - a straightforward, gimmick-free, design. I couldn't say for certain how it would compare to a more expensive tenor uke but having had it for a number of weeks now I have been very impressed with the way it has settled in - the strings hold their tuning much better than they did initially and for longer than in the first few weeks but best of all, the sound is very good - it has a really sweet, bright sound which I think will only get better with time. The passive pickup seems to do the job - no worries with having to change batteries when they run out and the sound isn't altered when played through an amp. So overall, this is a very impressive ukulele and I am pretty confident it would hold its own against much more expensive rivals. I'm looking forward to many hours of playing this instrument and would definitely recommend it to novice uke players thinking about moving up from a soprano or concert - perhaps like me - because the fretboards don't accommodate larger hands - or a more experienced player who wants a second instrument for public performances.

Big Polka Dot White Spots Spring Assorted 11" Latex Balloons x 5
Big Polka Dot White Spots Spring Assorted 11" Latex Balloons x 5
Offered by Wish List For You (UK Same Day Dispatch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking balloons, 29 May 2014
Big, bright and colourful balloons - the only concern was that they did seem a bit thin which was a bit of a worry when blowing them up as I was not sure if they would burst easily. However, they have been up for a week so far and none have popped. There was a previous comment that they smelt of petrol but this was not the case with the ones received here - the smell was no different than the plasticky-rubbery smell from most balloons.

Pit Travel Tuckbox Card Game
Pit Travel Tuckbox Card Game
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, brilliant fun, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Pit Travel Tuckbox Card Game (Toy)
This is so much fun - rules are very easy to pick up, can be played by all the family and perfect for holidays. Not a quiet game though - the noisier the better...!
If anything the quality of the cards could be better - they are liable to get crushed or torn when the game gets particularly rowdy.