Profile for J. Warwick > Reviews

62mm Adjustable Neutral Density ND Fader Filter ND2 ND4 ND8 to ND400
62mm Adjustable Neutral Density ND Fader Filter ND2 ND4 ND8 to ND400
Offered by Trend Mall

1.0 out of 5 stars Lucky dip, 8 Aug. 2014
Well it seems that there are many of these cheap varios around the one I got is similar to the pictured one but different. The results have been poor with this at 18mm unusable due to the uneven nature of the coverage as soon as you turn it up even a bit I guess towards the ND8 end the picture will be light with darkened patches, zoom out a bit around 80mm and this becomes less apparent. I bought this as a replacement for an old cheap one that I had cracked the glass which worked a lot better than this.
In conclusion I suspect that different sellers have different varios which work to different degrees

HNPtech UK Mains Charger for Samsung Galaxy Tab 1 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 10.1 Galaxy Note 10.1 (Black)
Offered by HNPTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on Note 10.1, 27 April 2014
So far so good, I also have a galaxy note 10.1 and was nearly put by a previous reviewer saying the charger was too tight a fit.
The charger is a tight fit indeed but it fits in just fine without using much force at all, I can only assume the reviewer was a little too over cautious asit feels like a good solid connection when its in unlike the standard charger which just seemed loose.
The cable is a couple of inches longer than the standard charger too which is great, the only draw back in this over the standard one is the fact that the cable is hard moulded into the plug thus cannot be used as a data cable.
Has a red led power light when in use. Charges up my note 10.1 just as efficiently as the official Samsung one but at a much reduced price.

Sony EV1MK Electronic Viewfinder for RX1 Camera
Sony EV1MK Electronic Viewfinder for RX1 Camera

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but..., 22 April 2014
Does exactly what you want in an evf, same output as the LCD screen, adjustable focus, choice of eyepiece for standard size and oversized, and a built in light sensor which will automatically switch between evf and lcd based on an object (ie your eye) covering the evf, this even comes in a nice little padded box which you can attach on to a belt or strap.
The reason I have given it 2 stars is although the product is sound in every way Sony surely cannot justify that price tag.
So its great but not good value for money in my opinion
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2015 3:47 PM BST

Tiffen 52mm aXent 52ND30 Long Exposure 10 Stop Filter
Tiffen 52mm aXent 52ND30 Long Exposure 10 Stop Filter
Offered by Technomobiles

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I hoped for..., 22 April 2014
The red tint produced by this filter is very high, after much reading up on both this filter and the same B+W one, I opted for this one and it was half the price which is great.
However after using this for long exposures of over 90 seconds I can say the reddish tint becomes too much, even using Photoshop 6 afterwards I cannot achieve natural looking colours especially if shooting a waterfall or similar with any green areas in the picture.
Setting the white balance on my camera towards the blue end of the spectrum helps quite a bit however especially with sea and sky colours.

Universal Telescope / Digital Camera Metal Adapter for Astrophotography & Digiscoping
Offered by UKHobbyStore ~ PowerSaveBulbs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job as it should, 4 April 2014
Owning a sony rx100 II camera of which I like to take out with me and have taken many great photos, however being a compact camera the zoom was disappointing so I purchased the Celestron 70 travelscope but needed a way to connect the two.
This item connects the scope and camera together just perfectly, the rx100 II is a substantial compact camera but in size and weight it is relatively small and this camera only just fits, I would not recommend trying a bridge camera using this, however I have seen similar products which have more depth to them which may work.
The main body of this adapter is metal which makes this quite heavy and you will need a strong sturdy tripod taking the weight of the telescope this adapter and the camera into consideration especially as it will become heavier at one end than the other when using this.
When you have set everything up it is fairly simple to remove the camera and replace when you need it without having the realign everything which makes the process much easier when your out in the field so to speak.

TWO-TONE LUXLEATHER - JOHN 3:16(L)
TWO-TONE LUXLEATHER - JOHN 3:16(L)
by Christian Art
Edition: Office Product

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I want it to do, 13 Oct. 2013
What I want this to do is protect my Bible and it does that well. The materials feel solid but padded enough to cusion the Bible inside, I was concerned about using the handle on the side to carry around a heavy Bible but it seems to be much stronger than it looks.
In terms of size I have the ESV study bible from crossways and this fits inside perfectly, anything bigger and your not going to be able to zip it up as its a snug fit.

Hama Star 62 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 62 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by The Plasma Centre

2.0 out of 5 stars Was good until..., 13 Oct. 2013
Well for the money this tripod cost I thought I was getting a pretty good deal.
I took this out on a day trip for only the second time since I owned it and my eight year old son wanted to set it up for me, I told him I better do it as we want to be carefull with it, then as I went to extend it one of the legs snapped off.
I see from previous reviews that I am not the only person this has happened to, I did not consider myself to be using any excessive force on it, up until this point I would have recommended this product but I would now think that maybe its worth investing a little more and buying a more robust one after all this tripod could be the best tripod in the world in every other aspect but when it only has two legs left, its no longer a tripod and longer of any use.

VTech Power Adaptor
VTech Power Adaptor

1.0 out of 5 stars Well why bother paying this much?, 2 Oct. 2008
This review is from: VTech Power Adaptor (Toy)
Why would you purchase this adaptor at this price? I popped down to my local pound shop and picked up a multi adaptor, took it home flicked the switch to 9v and there you go power for a pound.

Edit : have changed my mind since then due to inferior chargers dont buy from poundshop, the one I bought I 2008 was great, never get that quality from them shops anymore.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2013 10:48 PM BST

Stainless Steel Timer With Clock
Stainless Steel Timer With Clock

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality even though it appears good at first, 27 Mar. 2008
Got this timer a few weeks ago heard a lot of rattling inside as something in the arm snapped and bits of plastic got loose inside. That was bad enough but the other day I went to pick it up and the metal plating just came apart from the main body, considering I am always so careful with things this isnt the quality I would expect from Salter and at that price too!

Cordless Action Controller PS2 Gamepad
Cordless Action Controller PS2 Gamepad

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought two, 27 Mar. 2008
I bought one of these about a year ago and just like eveyone else I find it as near perfect as you can get, so I decided to buy another one, only after I bought it I thought I might have a problem with them interfering with each other, however when I plugged them both in they work flawlessly.

Page: 1 | 2