Profile for Shaunskm > Reviews

Shaunskm (Scotland)

Love Lust Faith + Dreams
Love Lust Faith + Dreams

2.0 out of 5 stars Down the drain?, 25 May 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed 30 Seconds To Mars music since the first album was released, I have seen them three times and was looking forward to this new album. This Is War was a change to their music like the added vocals of loyal fans which was a good addition to the album. Their sound had changed but not for bad, but instead it was a good change almost modernizing it. However I must say that I am disappointed in this album, I understand that bands need to go through change, Iron Maiden for instance and also Metallica. But a change this vast is not needed and somewhat almost made the band a lost cause. It has reused the added vocals of the fans which was good originally but for it to be reused, in my opinion was not a good choice. The change of sound to a more modern one is now too modern and is perhaps shifting to a more mainstream side which is not what 30 Seconds To Mars once was. Now I am not saying that they are lost forever, they will bring in new fans but for fans who love the "good old days", they will find themselves in foreign territory. Only a couple of songs contain the roots of 30 STM but not entirely. Change is frightening to most bands and it must happen, some sell out like Metallica and some may benefit like Iron Maiden did with "Brave New World" but for me, 30 Seconds To Mars has become too modern and so receive low interest from me until they can bring up their roots.

Virtual XI
Virtual XI

5.0 out of 5 stars Virtual XI, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Virtual XI (Audio CD)
I have almost every Maiden album apart from a few which I intend to buy very soon and out of their albums, here is my top 5:

1. Killers
2. Iron Maiden
3. Powerslave
4. Virtual XI
5. Brave New World

If you notice I am not a Bruce Dickinson fan boy and I equally love Paul's and Blaze's singing voice as much as Bruce's. I struggle to see why so many people dislike the album cause personally, I think it is a great album. I can see my myself playing the air guitar in my room whilst listening to the whole album and not hating one minute of it. Most of the songs on this album can be seen as deep such as "The clansman"(my favorite) and "The educated fool".

This is helped due to Blaze's voice as it fits perfectly adding much needed menace to the lyrics. The songs are then accompanied by very skilled guitar solos that can either make you jump up or slowly drift into your own little world (which is why I love The clansman so much). Each song has a great amount of emotion added to it which is what I like about it, it differs from Maidens other albums.

I give Virtual XI 5/5 and even if you aren't a Maiden fan this album is a great buy, although it would help if you keep an open mind and remember that Iron Maiden at this point are trying out new things.

Rust In Peace
Rust In Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 7 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Rust In Peace (Audio CD)
This album is just absolute brilliance, the artwork is amazing and the music is just a joy to listen to. On some albums you would get the odd one or two songs that you perhaps dont like or find out of place. But this album in my opinion doesnt have that. All the songs are perfect and are long enough for me to enjoy.