Profile for Daniela Sereno > Reviews

Content by Daniela Sereno

Daniela Sereno

The Game: Book 1 (Outcasts)
The Game: Book 1 (Outcasts)
by David Grimstone

5.0 out of 5 stars I love David Grimstone's work and his latest offering is no ..., 5 July 2016
I love David Grimstone's work and his latest offering is no different. As a teacher I would have no problem recommending this to my students and have already ordered a couple of copies for the school library and my classroom. This is a must read for those who enjoyed Maze Runner, Hunger Games, Percy Jackson etc. as it has the right blend of humour, action and (for me the most important thing) characters you come to care about. Can't wait for the next instalment!

What the **** is Normal?!
What the **** is Normal?!
by Francesca Martinez

5.0 out of 5 stars Where are the 'Normal People' hiding?!, 25 Jan. 2015
If I were to sit and write a book about my experiences of disability, this would be the book I'd write. Yes, Francesca and I have different disabilities and one disabled narrative cannot be the only narrative but this book goes a long way in proving that not one of us is 'normal' and yet we should all be striving for the same things - happiness and love and fulfillment. We should enjoy waking up everyday whatever our body shape, age, race ability - how can this not make sense to every reader. Francesca does not tell you how to go about this revolution, instead she challenges the reader to wake up and see that what they have is pretty good!

I read this in one sitting and I found it engaging, warm and funny. Francesca writes from the heart and I would recommend everyone to read this book.

A Thousand Pardons
A Thousand Pardons

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting look at a marriage!, 16 July 2013
This is an interesting reflection on the subtlties of relationships. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the story seemed too convenient at times. Otherwise a good, easy read.