Profile for Benlroberts > Reviews

Letters
Letters
Offered by RED 32

3.0 out of 5 stars From Cardle to Curdle, 30 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Letters (Audio CD)
First off, let me start by saying that Matt was always my favourite to win the X Factor, I voted every week. At first, It annonyed me that his album was coming out after One Direction's and Cher Lloyd, even though he won the show - then he released 'Run for Your Life'... He could've done MUCH better than that for his first song. Then - just before his album comes out, he starts badmouthing Simon Cowell and SyCo. Really? That's not a good way to go. I fear that Matt will get dropped quiet soon. It's a shame really, he could have been so much more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2011 12:49 PM GMT

Outcasts [DVD]
Outcasts [DVD]
Dvd ~ Liam Cunningham

3.0 out of 5 stars Just another reason for me to hate series that end on cliffhangers!!!, 26 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Outcasts [DVD] (DVD)
I personally thought Outcasts was really good, and if it wasn't for the fact that there's a cliffhanger on the end of the last episode, this would be a 4-star review, not 3. I HATE cliffhangers on the end of series, ESPECIALLY when the series is cancelled! so no resoulution to the cliffhanger there. ***

Doctor Who - The Caves Of Androzani [1984] [DVD] [1963]
Doctor Who - The Caves Of Androzani [1984] [DVD] [1963]
Dvd ~ Peter Davison
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - but not for £19, 24 Oct. 2011
I mean it's a REALLY good story but come on! £19? Seriously? I just went and got this from David's Music in Letchworth for £9.99. I've been looking for this for AGES and I'm really pleased I've got it now. I admit the picture qaulity isn't great and the cover art is MUCH better in the Revisitations box set, but I can print that out. people may dissagree with me when I say the special features are A-MA-ZING (Love the behind-the-scenes of the regeneration and the news reports of Peter Davison's departure.) And Oh, don't get me started on the brilliant cliffhangers! An AMAZIING send-off for an AMAZING doctor. Buy this, definately, but I would highly recomend looking around instore and not online.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2012 12:43 PM GMT

Sherlock: Series 1 [DVD]
Sherlock: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoulutely Brilliant, 6 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Sherlock: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Not many things catch my eye from a trailer at all, but this did. I'd never read any origional Sherlock Holmes stories before I saw Sherlock. Irronically, modern-day Sherlock inspired me to read the victorian era ones.

Steven Moffat is brilliant - and Bennedict Cumberbatch. My only thing is - Why only 3 episodes? All I have to watch are A Study in Pink and The Blind Banker because I get really annoyed at the cliffhanger at the end of The Great Game because I have to wait untill next year XD ! All I can say is, I'm looking forward to it. BRING IT ON!

Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD]
Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Morgan
Offered by IDEAL

5.0 out of 5 stars The Destiny of A Great Fourth Series Rests up on the Shoulders of its 1st Episode..., 6 Oct. 2011
1 Episode in and I can already tell that this may be the best series yet (series 2 is my top). The Darkest Hour was great. I like the fact that the story has gone all dark as well. I like dark stuff. I will defo be buying this as soon as I have the money (after my b'day). Great. Just Amazing.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix [DVD] [2007]
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Underated!, 18 Sept. 2011
This is my favourite Harry Potter film out of all 8. (although, I must admit - I think it shares the top spot with Deathly Hallows Part 2.) However, a lot of people say that its the worst. I for one, cannot understand why. I think it's got a brilliant story line and a very brilliant score from Nicholas Hooper. Yes, it's the longest book but the shortest film, but I feel that this one has more adventure/action in it (compared to Chamber of Secrets) and more colour and humor in it after the Goblet of Fire film.
This is the film ive watched the most, and will definately watch it again and again without tiring.
It's just a shame that my old DVD player mucked up all the DVDs I put in there, Including all 7 Harry Potter films. I can still watch them, but theres only 1 DVD player that will play them now. I'm waiting untill the complete Box set of all 8 comes out in November and getting that.

Merlin - Series 2 Volume 2 [DVD]
Merlin - Series 2 Volume 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Hurt

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Merlin DVD EVER!, 14 Sept. 2011
Merlin never fails to be brilliant, despite me having watched it about a hundred times before, but these episodes are something very special...
I remember 'The Witchfinder' surprised me when I saw it on air, as the trailer for it on the end of episode six showed Merlin being framed and being led away to be burnt, however, it is really Giaus who is heading for the chopper! I love this episode, the action is fast-paced and the acting is brilliant. 10/10 for this episode.

'The Sins of the Father', is a great episode. I love the fighting between father and son at the end. Again, 10/10.

'The Lady of the Lake', is perhaps my favorite ever episode of Merlin. Merlin falls in love with a druid girl after helping her escape from a bounty hunter. But, because it's Merlin, things don't go to plan. Colin Morgan and Laura Donnelly (Guest Role, Freya) act brilliantly throughout. 10/10.

'Sweet Dreams' is a more comical episode. Arthur is enchanted to fall in love with Vivien (played by the Doctor's Daughter/wife, Georgia Moffett) and Her father declares war! 8/10 for this episode.

'The Witch's Quickening' I find is an easily forgettable episode (correct me if I am wrong, but nicely please!). Mordred sneaks into the castle and Morgana goes with him to a druid camp, but the dragon persuades Merlin he must stop it. 7/10 for this episode.

In 'The Fires of Idrisholas', Morgouse and Morgana put a spell on Camelot so everyone falls asleep. It's up to Merlin and Arthur to defend the land as the Knights of Medhir advance - but they cannot die! Meanwhile, Merlin is faced with the decision that will change Morgana forever....10/10 for this episode.

The Dragon is free and is destroying Camelot in 'The Last Dragonlord', and he can only be stopped by a Dragon Lord. Uther thinks he wiped them out years ago. But one still lives - Balinor, Merlin's father. But, as Balinor is killed, the responsibility falls to son... 10/10

Overall, I feel that this is Merlin at it's strongest. It never fails to make you think "OMG, Are they ACTUALLY going to do it???", and that for me, makes a good series.w

Harry Potter - Complete 8-Film Collection [DVD] [2001]
Harry Potter - Complete 8-Film Collection [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money...But it could be better..., 4 Sept. 2011
I pre-ordered this as soon as it became available to do so. £25.50. Then, it went down in price so Amazon Refunded me £5.50 - thankyou. I recived this on the day it came I love the cover art on the box. I love the films. It is so worth the money, but I wouldn't have minded paying a bit more for some Special Features! Maybe a 9-10 disc collection of 'Behind the Magic' that isn't just exclusive to Blu Ray?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7