Profile for Emma in Hampshire > Reviews

Kingfisher Self Assembly Garden Arch For Climbing Plants & Roses
Kingfisher Self Assembly Garden Arch For Climbing Plants & Roses
Offered by BargainShop_London

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap to buy, false economy., 30 Jan. 2016
You get what you pay for I guess. This lasted 18 months before being rusty and snapping. Unfortunately it took all my honeysuckle with it.

Thermos Hydro Active Sports Bottle, 450 ml - Charcoal
Thermos Hydro Active Sports Bottle, 450 ml - Charcoal

1.0 out of 5 stars There are better alternatives - flip lid breaks., 29 Sept. 2015
I've bought these a couple of times, giving them the benefit of the doubt initially.
The flip lid is quite stiff - certainly too stiff for a young child. Eventually - and it has happened to all of these - the flip lid will snap off or chip.
Other designs are far better - get one with a screw lid, not this.

Kitchen Craft Kitsch'n'Fun Ginger Cat Table Top Vacuum Cleaner
Kitchen Craft Kitsch'n'Fun Ginger Cat Table Top Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 29 Sept. 2015
Good fun. Actually does work reasonably well too. Dry stuff only though, otherwise you have to dismantle its head!

Sourcingmap 40-in-1 Square Double Side DVD CD Pouch - Navy Blue/Black
Sourcingmap 40-in-1 Square Double Side DVD CD Pouch - Navy Blue/Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It'll do., 29 Sept. 2015
You can fit lots in but I'm really not sure how long it will last. It's not very sturdy. Reckon it would be OK for short periods but it doesn't compare to the other CD case I have which was fairly cheap.

Black & Decker GT6060 600W 60cm Hedgetrimmer/ 25mm Blade Gap/ Bale Handle Design/ Cable Management

5.0 out of 5 stars Wholeheartedly recommended, 29 Sept. 2015
This is brilliant. It's light and has great power. I didn't know what I was missing until now! I did 2h of nearly continuous trimming and didn't have any problems being restricted due to weight. It can get through a good 2-3cm branch. This power has given the garden a huge tidy up incredibly easily. Really impressed.

Coleman Hudson Double Sleeping Bag
Coleman Hudson Double Sleeping Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy and Warm, 25 Sept. 2015
Really happy with this. Husbad was sceptical of a double sleeping bag, but actually it was great. Zips either side give you free access in & out. It was nice and warm, and definitely enough space for two wriggly adults. The 4 year old also came and joined us and we still weren't cramped.

Very happy with this purchase and would definitely recommend it.

Doxie One - Standalone A4 Paper Scanner
Doxie One - Standalone A4 Paper Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars House-changing power, 24 Sept. 2015
This is my new best friend. I love it.

Everything that comes through the letter box in the morning is immediately scanned and passed straight to the recycling. I have a six drawer filing cabinet which is being emptied, and I scanned two years worth of tax return receipts in a couple of hours yesterday.

Scanning is VERY quick - <10 seconds - and one of the real joys is that the computer doesn't need to be on. All you need is an SD card in the back, and then you can transfer it to the computer at a later date. It runs on batteries or plugged in - but note that it needs rechargable batteries not your usual AAAs. I thought about getting one with WiFi, but decided not to bother as it's so easy to just put in the SD card when I've time to sit down and manage the scans.

The software is very easy to use, and had an excellent staple function. This means that if you scan several pages of one document, you can staple them all together into one. Very helpful for bills and statements. It integrates very nicely with Evernote, and so everything is backed up into the cloud.

Doxie customer service was astonishing. They sent a courtesy follow-up email to see how things were going, which I initially thought was generic. However, I replied with an indvidual query and they got back to me promptly and gave me more information (it was just about batteries). A real breath of fresh air.

Doxie and I spent the evening together last night, and I have more great nights in planned. Love it.

Coleman Coastline Deluxe Tent - Eight Person
Coleman Coastline Deluxe Tent - Eight Person

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, versatile and great ventilation, 24 Sept. 2015
This is huge! We're a family of 5, and had plenty of room. The children are aged 4, 7 & 10, and we (2 adults) could have slept with them in just one half of the pods. They're very versatile - keep them as 4 individual pods, or two larger ones, or take one pair down altogether. We were only away for two nights, but it was really comfortable. Fairly easy to put up, once you've sussed it, and I imagine getting it back into the bag is just as difficult with any other tent.

Overall really very happy with this.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy, 24 Sept. 2015
This could be brilliant, but it's glitchy. When it works, it's great. I've had great pleasure in turning off the TV when the children shouldn't be watching it, but it's not quite reliable enough to wield the power as authoratitively as I'd like.

It doesn't always connect to the app (iPhone 5s) and I've not made it work on anything other than the home WiFi yet - even though it says you can do so once you've set it up. Not entirely sure though as the instructions are hopeless - barely in English and probably the thing I'm most infuriated by.

Would I buy again? I'd buy the concept again but I won't buy another one of these to use anywhere else in the house, even though it apparently has the capability to have several under control at once.

The World of David Walliams CD Story Collection
The World of David Walliams CD Story Collection
by David Walliams
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly excellent, 24 Sept. 2015
These are great. Not as hilarious as I had hoped for based on reviews, but amusing. My children are 10, 7 and 4, and it appealed to them all which is no mean feat. Occasionally the language isn't quite as clean as I'd like (think fart) but that's minor really. Entertained them on long journeys in Spain and a very good purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3