Profile for A. Legg > Reviews

Content by A. Legg

A. Legg (Hampshire)

ExpressCard Combo 2x USB 2.0 + 2x FireWire 400 (IEEE 1394a) Express Card / 34mm Adapter Card Works With Asus, Acer, Dell, Fujitso, HP Compaq, IBM Lenovo, LG, MSI, Packard Bell, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for capturing footage through Sony i-link slot on handy-cams., 19 July 2012
I bought this as I was unable to transfer video footage from my digital tape, Sony handy-cam, as the USB stream is not support by Windows 7 (or Vista).

This device was perfect, it slotted straight into the express port of my Vaio, and worked without having to install any software. The included Fire Wire lead was a perfect fit for the Sony i-link slot on the handy-cam.

When I discovered that I needed to get a fire wire functionality, I thought it would be very expensive, so I was happy to find this little device and at a great price.

Definitely worth a purchase.

Sony MDR-RF865 Wireless Closed Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-RF865 Wireless Closed Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Aug. 2011
I bought these as my old panasonic ones died. I was dubious about spending this much on headphones but glad I did.

The sound is great and the range is amazing. I can walk all around my office at work (even to the toilets!) and they still work. I have not put the 25hour charge to test yet, but I do wear them all day and they last the distance.

They also look pretty cool as does the stand, a small black box on which they balance securly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2015 8:03 PM GMT

Raleigh Avenir Snug Child Seat - Red
Raleigh Avenir Snug Child Seat - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not strong enough, 31 Aug. 2011
Bought this based on others reviews of it being cheap but just as good as the expensive ones. In our case this wasn't true.

The seat was fitted securely and as per instructions, but it broke on the second use. We did not do anything extreme and the bike rides were not long.

The bolt that holds the rear plate onto the rails pulled through the plastic of the seat, leaving the seat still attached at the front but very bouncy and dangerous.

I have sent it back for a refund and have had to buy another more expensive yet sturdier seat from a high street retailer.

I would reccomend spending a bit more and buying another sturdier seat.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2013 9:19 AM BST

Logitech Trackman Wheel
Logitech Trackman Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for use in limited space, 22 Feb. 2010
I bought this device as an experiment, I wanted to start doing some 3D modelling whilst getting the train to work - a track pad on a laptop is very hard to do this with, and I also needed the use of a middle mouse button. I discounted a mouse as I would have limited room, and thought I'd give this a go. After a small adjustment period, I was able to use it to do everything I normally would. Now I find it a joy to flick the track ball around with my thumb, and can do things with great accuracy. It also doesn't seem to cause any RSI pain in the thumb, as I thought it might. I think I even prefer it to a regular mouse now.

One very minor down side (which will effect few people) is the removable track ball, if I accidentally drop the device on the floor, the ball falls out and rolls around, which can be a huge problem on a moving train!

Overall a fantastic replacment for a mouse or trackpad, where limited room is an issue.