Profile for Gandygut > Reviews

Content by Gandygut

Gandygut (Lancashire, England)

Transcendent: Destiny's Children Book 3 (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Transcendent: Destiny's Children Book 3 (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Stephen Baxter

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointing - the title should have been 'Ordinary', 13 April 2006
I thoroughly enjoyed 'Exultant'-book 2 in the series, and went straight into 'Transcendent'. Transcendent's story is a slow plod with dull descriptions of Michael Poole's life alternated with a character from the far distant future who bored me- I gave up halfway through and had already skimmed through chunks of it. It gave the impression of being written just to fulfill a contract! I am normally a big fan of Mr. Baxter and have read most of his other work,...so, Stephen, you can do much better than this!!

Replay
Replay
by Ken Grimwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic., 3 Dec. 2004
This review is from: Replay (Paperback)
This is the best work of fiction that I have ever read (and I have read a few ); and the only book I have read at least FOUR times. I just wish I could find some other work by the same author. It is a fascinating story of the 'hero' having to re-live his life over and over. But don't take my word for it; read it yourself, you will not be disappointed !