Profile for PW > Reviews

Content by PW

PW (Lancashire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
KAVAJ leather case "London" for the Apple iPad Pro (9.7") black - genuine leather iPad case with stand-up feature. Thin Smart Cover as premium accessory for the original Apple iPad Pro (9.7 inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars I JUST LOVE KAVAJ AND THEIR PRODUCTS, 11 Aug. 2017
I just love KAVAJ products and their after sales support is absolutely outstanding.
I previously had a Berlin case for the Apple iPad Pro 9.7, which Apple have now discontinued because of the introduction of the 10.5 Pro. My Berlin case, which I bought last October developed a fault and I contacted KAVAJ for advice. What I got instead was a no questions asked replacement with the London. I really prefer this to the Berlin because it has storage for my stylus, or an Apple Pencil. As with all KAVAJ products it is beautifully made, fits absolutely perfectly, no problems using the buttons or cameras and it is just wonderful. But most of all I cannot praise their customer support too much. BRILLIANT

The Soldier: A History of Courage, Sacrifice and Brotherhood
The Soldier: A History of Courage, Sacrifice and Brotherhood

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar. 2017
I expected a turgid tome. Instead a well argued discussion, very thought provoking and a good argument for common sense.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Product, 27 Dec. 2016
These are brilliant, just glide over the screen of my iPad without leaving streaks, even better than others I have tried from another manufacturer which have a carbon fibre mesh on. The lanyard, though it's a simple thing, means I won't be losing pens or tops which has happened with the previously mentioned items. Altogether a great product at a great price.

iPhone Charger, Anker 6ft Nylon Braided USB iPhone Cable with Lightning Connector [Apple MFi Certified] Ultra-High Lifespan Sync and Charge Cable for iPhone 6/ 6 Plus/ 6s, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and More (Space Gray)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Product, Outstanding Company, 1 Dec. 2016
I bought 2 Anker braided nylon Lightning cables over a year ago to use for charging iPad and iPhone. Over a year later one of them became faulty and I contacted Anker UK. From the start they were positive and very helpful. They first asked me to check, with another cable, that the device and power socket were working, which they were. My email advising them of this was almost immediately followed up by a mail asking for confirmation of my delivery address and a new cable was on the way to me!
Two important things to remember, keep the tag with the serial number on it attached to the cable.
Remember that Anker give an 18 month warranty.

Anker sell excellent products at very competitive prices all backed up by outstanding customer service, whenever I need peripherals my first place to go is Anker because I know that I will get a quality product and support.

Many thanks Anker for your enlightened customer support and to Kevin for resolving my problem quickly and professionally and for being so friendly and customer focussed.

Balancing on Blue : A Thru-Hiking Adventure on the Appalachian Trail
Balancing on Blue : A Thru-Hiking Adventure on the Appalachian Trail

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, as I have come to expect, 20 Sept. 2016
I've now finished all 3 and loved every page of each. On the crux of turning 70 I doubt that I will ever be able to emulate Keith, or have the courage to try. However towards the end of this book his advice to, in my words, 'follow your dream' helped spur me on. At the age of 38 I was becoming a semi-reasonable club runner who enjoyed marathons. A health problem halted that and I was left with day hikes; strangely, in my very late sixties, I realised that the problem had disappeared and I could run again so I have started the long and frustrating (for an old 'un) road back to fitness. My target is a half marathon or two in 2017 and if this works who knows what?

Back to my hero Keith, I am waiting longingly to read his epistle from the CDT and if you need another proof reader I am more than ready to assist in such a fantastic venture.

The Journey in Between: A Thru-Hiking Adventure on El Camino de Santiago
The Journey in Between: A Thru-Hiking Adventure on El Camino de Santiago

5.0 out of 5 stars The Journey in Between - Utterly Fantastic, 13 Sept. 2016
I started reading 'Fozzy' in the wrong order, starting with The Last Englishman. However each of them is an absolute gem and stands on its own so the order of reading doesn't matter.

I rarely review books but I just can't treat his walking and writing like that. I galloped through each book because they are compulsive, sadly when I reach the end I feel like I have lost a friend. What do I read next? Fortunately I have the answer sitting in my iPad, the Appalachian Trail.

The writing is brilliant, the observations so relevant. Clearly Fozzy has got it right - do things when you can and want to - don't, as I did, wait until retirement because you can't walk as fast or for so long each day!

My ultimate compliment is to compare Fozzy to one of my very favourite authors Bill Bryson - I can't think of a more complimentary thing to say; he is right up there on my list of heroes, a sort of walking and writing Mo Farrah or Paula Radcliffe.

Please keep walking and writing I look forward to sharing more of your adventures.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2017 3:54 PM GMT

Big Sam: My Autobiography
Big Sam: My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Sam Superstar, 24 July 2016
What a fantastic book. Read at lightning speed, it's so good. I look forward to seeing him succeed with England where so many haven't. At the same time I hope he knows when is the time to pack it all in and have the time he so richly deserves to spend with his family.

Bamboo Stylus Solo 3 for Media Tablet/PC - Grey
Bamboo Stylus Solo 3 for Media Tablet/PC - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Srylus for Bamboo Stylus 3, 20 Jun. 2016
Excellent system, avoids greasy fingerprints and lasts far longer than standard rubber-tipped styli. Ideal for iPad, iPhone etc.

Fat Dogs and French Estates - Part 1