Profile for Malcolm > Reviews

Content by Malcolm

Malcolm (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Rear Bike Light by Geared2U - Ultra Bright 9 LED Lights - 3 Function Bicycle Taillight - 2 AAA Batteries Included - Fast & Easy To Install - Stay Safe And Keep Your Loved Ones Safe Cycling - Lifetime Warranty

3.0 out of 5 stars Sad to say, 23 Jan. 2016
Excellently bright, once I'd replaced the dead batteries which were installed. But it doesn't have much flexibility at all in the mounting, so even a small under-the-saddle tool bag prevents it from being fitted on the seat post. It won't twist to fit horizontally so it needs a lot of height, it hasn't got a clip to go on the back of the bag, and the fitting can't clamp on the frame and then point out on one side then backwards. So far the only option to show motorists behind is to put it on the end of the handlebars...

I think I'll have to drill out some of the plastic and use some cable ties to fit it on the back of the saddle. Sad to say, even the USB charger for my car's cigarette lighter has more degrees of movement than the mount for this light! A shame, because even in daylight it would be a good safety asset.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2016 11:23 PM GMT

Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate 85% 100g x15
Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate 85% 100g x15
Offered by Zorba Online Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Too tempting..., 17 Jan. 2015
Great value, but sadly I won't be buying any more, as I have learned that my self control is not good enough when I have 1.5kg of chocolate sitting in the cupboard.

At least it took me two weeks to finish it all, but once I'd opened a bar to take a piece during the 6 o'clock News, its fate was sealed and that bar's wrapping would all be in the bin by the end of the evening.

Brite-R Duo LED Headlight - Black
Brite-R Duo LED Headlight - Black
Offered by WestBase Direct - UK VAT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, I hope they don't get banned., 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Brite-R Duo LED Headlight (Sports)
Maybe not *quite* as powerful as a car's headlamps, but I can see the road (and those wretched potholes) for over a quarter a mile ahead. Also gives me a chance to tell oncoming cars to dip their headlamps when they realise I can now fight back :-)

The battery swings rather loosely hanging from the frame and I needed to buy a T extender for all the garbage I have strapped on my bars, but apart from that I wonder how on earth did I manage without one of these before?

I charge it every week just so I it never runs down on me, so I can't comment on how long the battery holds, apart from the fact that obviously it lasts more than a week doing a 25 mile each-way commute.

LED Logic SMART Light Bulb - PIR Motion Sensor , Cool White, (B22 bayonet base), 60 Second Timer
Offered by BatteryLogic

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, excellent, buying more. (But it seems I can't have them everywhere.), 17 Jan. 2015
This is brilliant, and wonderful for my house where some rooms with two exits have only one light switch - now I don't have to go back, switch the light off, and fumble my way over to the front door in the dark. I have daylight bulbs round the house so I don't mind a cool white at all.

I'll get another for the landing which also has only one switch, but putting one in the bathroom globe is fun: it turns off after 60 secs, then as it gradually cools down it detects the change in its own infra-red so it switches itself back on again!

I obviously can't have a bare bulb in the bathroom, so does anyone know of a BC PIR bulb which would work inside a ceiling globe?

Faithfull MTMULTI Multi-Function Mainstester Screwdriver
Faithfull MTMULTI Multi-Function Mainstester Screwdriver

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a normal mains tester, 8 Nov. 2014
VERY STRONG ADVICE - Keep the instructions, otherwise it's a waste of money. It works in a different way to all other mains testers.

Homecraft President Hotel Kettle
Homecraft President Hotel Kettle

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but expensive, 8 Nov. 2014
Bought for my mother, who could not lift a normal kettle at 93, so she was using a kettle with no lid to make it lighter!!!! Apparently this one needs screwing down but she is very happy with it.
An extensive web search made me disappointed to discover that all you have to do is call something a 'mobility appliance' or whatever and you can treble the price with a captive and not always alert audience. It's so much smaller, so why does it cost three times as much as a normal kettle?

Omron M10-IT Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Dual-User Facility and Dual-Size Cuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use but I have doubts about the readings, 8 Nov. 2014
Good, quick and compatible with Omron's Bi-Link. BUT..is it really clinically calibrated? It doesn't agree with a Boots BP meter which sent me worriedly to the doctors who verified a high-ish BP but not needing meds. Because of that incident I bought the M10, but that says I have the blood pressure of a snail, and it would cost £30 to get Omron to check it out.
Maybe I'll get the doc to check it if I visit again?

Omron Walking Style Pro 2.0 Activity Monitor Advanced Step Counter - Black
Omron Walking Style Pro 2.0 Activity Monitor Advanced Step Counter - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly recommended item, 8 Nov. 2014
Excellent, it downloads into Omron's Bi-Link program very quickly. The only problems are me forgetting to change it from suit pocket to jeans when I get home in the evening and the fact that it registers pothole bumps when I'm driving in the car (In Hertfordshire, that means it claims I've run a marathon before I've even got to work!).

Hmm, wonder if it would work on a neck loop?

Kingston Technology 32 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing
Offered by HM-Trading

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on XP, 8 Nov. 2014
Super case and external design, sling it on a mini-carabiner with my car keys and never lose it. But inside.... it doesn't work on any of my XP machines, but seems OK (if rather slow) on W7. Not sure whether this is an XP limitation or faulty drive. And of course I never kept the packaging - "It's only a USB drive, what could go wrong?" :-(

Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2-Port (3A Output) Fast Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2-Port (3A Output) Fast Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker mobile charger, 15 July 2013
A super charger. Manages to zap my LG GW 520 mobile from dead to full in about an hour and hardly seems to have lost any charge itself! My Samsung Note takes longer but I've not much idea how much of the energy store it loses.
Holds its charge for weeks and weeks but it's very small and dense, which fools the mind into thinking it's heavier than it actually is. Very highly recommended and I may get another one just to keep in the car for emergencies.

Page: 1 | 2