Profile for A Happier Person > Reviews

Alfie and Mum
Alfie and Mum
by Shirley Hughes

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly I am returning this book., 12 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Alfie and Mum (Paperback)
Like the first reviewer I was extremely surprised to find Adam and Eve in a Alfie story. These stories have also been previously published as I noticed that Adam and Eve were mentioned in the reviews for Alfies Weather. I am assuming it is the same story. I have no problem with religion, everyone to their own beliefs but I feel that religious stories should not be in childrens books unless stated. Sadly I am returning this book.

The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life
by Francine Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars Less Clutter, Less Stress, 9 Jan. 2011
I am a fairly relaxed person who has always had lots of "stuff." I found it difficult to let go of things," they might be useful", "it s a waste to get rid of it as it hasn t been used!" So things piled up around the house and when you wanted to find something it became a nightmare. I tried getting organised,boxes to store the stuff I didn t use appeared and then where to store the boxes..

This book is amazing-it has allowed me to clear clutter,store sensibly(modules- you can find what you want)but most importantly let go of things I don t need.Now when I walk into a room I see clear surfaces,everything in it own place (well, most of the time)and when I tidy I know where things "belong." I have given to charity "family" items, that were in storage, without guilt and the whole process has made me feel good.I still have a long way to go but I will continue.

If you want to get organised and feel in control of the stuff in your home,read this book.

Oct 30, 2011- Still getting rid of stuff, but life is so much easier- I cannot reccommend this book highly enough.

Buy it, it really will change your life!

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
by Gretchen Rubin

5.0 out of 5 stars An AMAZING book....., 18 May 2010
I came across this book by accident and then asked for it for my birthday last week and am delighted with my present. I have almost finished it- am on the last chapter but I am already planning my own "Happiness Project". I have been fascinated by happiness for years and am always reading the latest book on the subject but this book is very special. I makes me smile just to think of it, it has so many "light bulb" moments and makes you feel positive just to read it. Treat yourself and make yourself happier and those around you too. Check out her website,it is full of gems.

Kundalini Yoga to Detox and De-stress [DVD]
Kundalini Yoga to Detox and De-stress [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maya Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing DVD, 25 Mar. 2010
I purchased this DVD and Maya s book after finding her on Youtube and feeling totally energised after I did her 3:12 exercise. I have done Yoga for over thirty years but had never investigated Kundalini before. I Highly recommend this DVD, I have used it over the last month practically every morning before work. It sets me up for the day, I feel energised, more focused, am breathing better and honestly feel happier. I have a great many yoga DVD s but this is by far the best I have come across. The CD is wonderful too and I find myself reaching for it every day while I have breakfast after the DVD. I am now alternating this DVD with Maya s "A Journey through the Chakras, Courage and Creativity Willpower," which is excellent too.

Yoga for Real Life
Yoga for Real Life
by Maya Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars Kundalini Yoga- life changing...., 25 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Yoga for Real Life (Paperback)
I saw this book while looking for something else while out shopping. I thought it looked interesting but didn t buy it. Within the next few days I came across more info on Kundalini Yoga, which I had never investigated even though I have done yoga for over thirty years. Then I read about Maya, an article had come my way and I felt I should investigate further. I found her on youtube- check out the 3:12 sec. one- and did the "exercise." I felt totally energised!! So I ordered the book and her Detox and De Stress DVD.

The book is excellent, explains about Chakras, breathing, diet and everything you could want about Kundalini Yoga. I have used it along with the DVD, which I highly recommend. I have used both over the last month and I can honestly say I feel more energised, focused, am sleeping better and best of all, feel happier. I have now purchased Maya s DVD "A Journey through the Chakras, Courage, Creativity and Willpower." This is brilliant too.

Patchwork Folk Art: Using Applique and Quilting Techniques
Patchwork Folk Art: Using Applique and Quilting Techniques
by Janet Bolton

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring book, 19 Mar. 2010
I purchased this book when it first came out in hardback. I am delighted it has been reprinted. I have just ordered a copy as a present for my daughter as we spent the day recently with Janet Bolton in one of her delightful workshops. This book inspires as well as gives all the instuction you could want to make your own very special pictures in fabric. If you get a chance, go on one of Janet s workshops, a magical day.

The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health
by T. Colin Campbell Ph.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT BOOKS I HAVE EVER READ., 25 Jun. 2009
This is an amazing book.If I could give it 6 stars I would. I have just ordered a copy for myself, having finished reading the one from the library.

I have always been interested in the link between health and diet and for several years was vegetarian.I eventually gave up, my family insisted on meat and I became tired of cooking two meals each evening. Milk and cheese too was included, as I and my family were convinced it was needed in our diet. We had been told so.It was a valuable source of calcium and calcium was needed for strong bones.

I have just been diagnosed with osteoporosis. Why, when I eat and do everything I should?? So I started reading again. This book is a huge eye opener. I couldn t put it down and finished it in two days. I feel clearer about what I should eat for general health, no "diet" plan for Osteoporosis or Cancer but for every ill that we suffer from and the outcome- better health. I have explained to my family that I am now a vegan, and as they are concerned about me they respect my wishes. Of course the first question was, what about calcium?! And then protein, what about meat??

READ THIS BOOK, for yourself and your family. Make up your own mind.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2010 10:54 AM GMT

The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to be the Artist you Truly Are
The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to be the Artist you Truly Are
by Danny Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 25 May 2009
This book will get you drawing. I am not a trained artist and although I have always wanted to draw,I have never had the confidence to really have a go.This book has helped, and although some of my drawings are rubbish, I am getting better. Practice, a page a day in my sketchbook and I feel good.Last week I broke my wrist,of course the one I write/draw with and my first thought was I wouldn t be able to draw....So am having a go with my other hand,and it s amazing what I have done. Rather wonky but getting better. TREAT YOURSELF AND BUY THIS BOOK.

Nature's Calendar: A Month-by-Month Guide to the Best Wildlife Locations in the British Isles
by Chris Packham

4.0 out of 5 stars Nature s Calendar, 16 Nov. 2007
This is a great starting place for visiting your local area and locating wildlife. I wasn t aware of the huge variety of wildlife in the U.K. until I read this book. Who needs to go abroad to see amazing sights??

Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
by Thich Nhat Hanh

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring book., 16 Jan. 2007
This book is one I have kept by my bed ever since I received it. I read a few lines each night before sleep, it inspires and relaxes. I often recall it's message the following day. A simple, gentle read but life changing.

Page: 1 | 2