Profile for Anne Harris > Reviews

Content by Anne Harris

Anne Harris "annie lou" (Guernsey)

Doctor Who : Complete BBC Series 3 Box Set - Limited Edition Lenticular Master Sleeve (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Bring Jack Back?, 25 Sept. 2007
I would've died if they hadn't brought Jack back. There was so much left untold from the first series, and several gaps were finnaly filled in. I enjoyed this series most of all, and David Tennant is the best thing that could have happened to Doctor Who. After Christopher Eccleston, I wasn't convinced by him, but he gives such a diversity to the role that it is hard not to love him and his crazy ways. I wish Billie Piper hadn't left, but with the return of Jack and the references to her, Rose is still a haunting and moving presence in the scene. John Simm as the Master is by far the highlight of the series. I was torn between The Doctor, The Master, and Captain Jack, which is slightly confusing when one is trying to kill the other two...(I'll leave you to find out which is which...)

This was such a good series, and I've never been so scared as in Blink, which has got to be my favourite episode not including the Master. I never find television scary normally, so I was very suprised when I found myself holding my breath and jumping...

The Fountain [DVD] [2006]
The Fountain [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Film I've Ever Seen, 25 Sept. 2007
This review is from: The Fountain [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
This film is the best I've ever seen from all angles; amazing music, superb acting, fantastic cinematography, and the effects are just incredible. I've been a fan of Hugh Jackmans since he first started starring in films, and if you can't see how incredibley talented he is in this film, then I don't know who a good actor is. The way both he and Rachel Weisz carry off the different stories could not, I don't think, have been done better by anyone else. This is the only film I've watched that has made me cry more than once (which isn't often) and is so moving. If you appreciate good cinema, you should watch this film, and you'll see that new cinema can be as good as the old cinema.

Swings Cole Porter
Swings Cole Porter
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this guy!, 12 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Swings Cole Porter (Audio CD)
I heard that this guy was a musical singer and spent a long time looking for stuff about him online. I "stumbled" across his website and found a list of all the CDs and musicals he's been in, and he rules! He's been in almost every big musical you could think of, and his voicer is amazing. It was apparent that he had amazing acting skills after his performance in Doctor Who, but his voice is incredible. I love him, and this CD makes me so cheerful and happy that I would recommend it to anyone who even half likes musicals. Buy it now! I've owned it a month now, and due to the large amount of work I've been coping with, I've listened to it 300 times already!! It is so easy to listen to, and if you listen to the previews you'll see how amazing he is.