Profile for E. Judge > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Step2 Fun Flow Sink
Step2 Fun Flow Sink

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toy but tap pump does not last, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Step2 Fun Flow Sink (Toy)
We have had this toy for 2 summers now. Last summer, Step2 sent me out a new pump as the old one was not working - the switch was sticking and wouldn't turn on. Towards the end of last summer, the tap also started sporadically making a shrieking noise when it was turned on, and no water came out.

This summer, the tap just hasn't worked at all. It makes a really loud shriek when turned on, and no water goes through. Both pumps do this. Given that we look after this item very well - it is put away over winter and overnight most nights in the summer - I find this dissapointing. I have emailed Step2 but have had no response yet.

Apart from the tap, the sink itself is very sturdy and durable and the toys that come with it are good too. However, I could have got this and spent a LOT less money. I am dissapointed by the obvious design flaw in the pump design for the tap.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Wide and on the large side, 28 Jan. 2011
These seem like a good trainer for summer wear. Not as flexible as more expensive makes, i.e. Merrell, but as I only paid £5 I'm not bothered ;-)

For other's information, they seem to be a fairly wide fitting and on the larger side of the UK shoe size fitting. I am a size 6 (sometimes a 5.5) and ordered a size 6. I will need an insole and socks with these trainers but then they should fit fine.

It isn't clear on the picture, but the parts that look like black mesh are, in reality, cut outs. However, this is fine for summer wear trainers where I am hoping they will aid ventilation.

Safari Build a Road with Jeeps and Sound
Safari Build a Road with Jeeps and Sound

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but really annoying in practice, 11 Jan. 2011
The whole idea of this car set is good in principle. The flexible track is easy to click together and the sounds made by the crocodile keep my almost 4 year old amused.

However, there are so many little niggly annoying things about it that I only gave it 2 stars:

- The tracks fall apart at the slightest knock.
- The cars are really zippy, but their rear wheel drive makes it so difficult for toddlers to put them on the tracks without the car jumping off the tracks.
- You have to get the curves coming off the hill just right or the cars drive straight over the edge of the tracks.
- The red bridge struts don't click onto the track well enough, so the bridge keeps falling down.
- If the track gets moved at all once you've got it set up correctly, you can bet the cars won't be able to make it round the corners or up the slope and will just zip off the track again.
- If a child holds the car on the track before letting it go, the power of the wheels turning is such that it eats up the track, pulling whole sections of it apart!

All in all, my daughter old enjoyed it but I needed to be around all the time to repair it and help her get the car going on the track in the first place. It won't get played with much as she can't set it up or play with it without assistance all the time.

Glad I only paid £7 for it ;)

QUADRILLA Basic Set
QUADRILLA Basic Set
Offered by DealsCentre

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent marble run but for older than 3+ age, 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: QUADRILLA Basic Set (Toy)
This is a very good quality, colourful and aesthetically pleasing marble run.

The reason I gave it 4/5 stars is because although the age guide is 3+ years, I think it is a bit too hard for a lot of 3 year olds to put together and not knock over.

We bought it for our 3.5 and 2.5 year olds for Christmas. They loved the idea, but it is too complicated for them to set up correctly, and too unstable for them to not be constantly knocking it over by accident. They need constant help and supervision for it to stay in one piece.

Looking at the pictures, I thought that the blocks clicked into each other. They do not, they are more like shaped building blocks which makes the run very prone to tumbling down when you are playing with toddlers. There are also small slides at the foot of each block which are a bit fiddly and it is difficult for a child to get the large spiral piece balanced correctly.

This aside, we are just putting it away for a year or so - hopefully they will get a lot more use out of it when they are older as it is a lovely toy.

100 Favourite Fairy Tales And Stories [DVD]
100 Favourite Fairy Tales And Stories [DVD]

1.0 out of 5 stars Undescribably awful!, 18 Feb. 2010
Luckily, we didn't buy this, it was a hand me down. It is going to get handed down again asap!

Pointless summaries of fairy tales with dull pictures to look at. Cheap, tacky and simply dire. Don't buy it!

Peppa Pig Go Glow Light
Peppa Pig Go Glow Light

3.0 out of 5 stars Too bright, 15 Dec. 2009
I thought initially that this was a great idea. The nightlight is easy for a toddler to operate, and my daughter loves the torch option.

However, after using it for one night, it is now turned off as it is just too bright for a night light. It needs to be near the toddler's bed, so that they can use the torch function, but it is too bright to be so close.

So, unfortunately, ours is now just used as a toy, and not as a functioning night light.

Santoys ST494 Cleaning Set
Santoys ST494 Cleaning Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely wooden set, 12 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Santoys ST494 Cleaning Set (Toy)
This set is a quality toy, which should last. The only quibble I could find would be that the base comes unscrewed a bit easily over time, as it is played with. Ideal to give a child something to 'play house' while you get on with cleaning yourself.

Tolo Curly the Cobra
Tolo Curly the Cobra
Offered by First Celtic Toys and Learning Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy, 4 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Tolo Curly the Cobra (Toy)
I have one of these and one of the much more expensive whoozit one. This one is much better!

It stretches further and you can actually tie it to a car seat, cot or pushchair which means it doesn't get lost easily. The toys are easier to get at for babies, and my son seems to find them endlessly interesting. The fabric is softer than the whoozit toy which my son seems to like. Its easy to wash.

The only thing I would say is that the mirror bit has gone rather funny as it has rubbed off with age, but I'd still buy this one instead of a whoozit one any day.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 7:55 PM GMT

Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat
Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent chair, 4 Jun. 2009
This really is a good chair for a baby through to toddler. It is light, fits together quickly and easily. The cup holder is very useful when your child uses a cup as it keeps the cup further away reducing the possibility of spilling it. The lid is a great idea, you can just snap it on over the messy tray if you are out and about and in a rush. The seat is comfy and the tray can be adjusted to fit a small sitting baby through to a toddler.

The only downside would be that it is slightly larger than other models, but the positives far outweigh this.

Thermos Coolkidz Sports Bottle, Pink, 350ml
Thermos Coolkidz Sports Bottle, Pink, 350ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Not durable enough, 1 Jun. 2009
I initially reviewed this as a good product as it seemed just right when I bought it. However, I now need to change this...

1 month on and the bit that holds the lid on has broken and the thread for the screw on lid has broken, rendering it unusable.

Not a good purchase, but I can't seem to edit the number of stars I have given it.

Page: 1 | 2