Profile for B. Ellis > Reviews

Content by B. Ellis

B. Ellis "phone totty" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BRAND NEW 3M REPLACEMENT PARASOL FABRIC COVER 8-ARMS (Green)
BRAND NEW 3M REPLACEMENT PARASOL FABRIC COVER 8-ARMS (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars This arrived in 3 days and was easy to put on, 26 May 2016
This arrived in 3 days and was easy to put on. I had no idea you could get replacements and was about to throw my large old umbrella out when I thought I should google and found this. Delighted.

Super Fumer Fly Killer Smoke Bomb - 2 x Formula 'P' Fly Killer from Pest Expert
Super Fumer Fly Killer Smoke Bomb - 2 x Formula 'P' Fly Killer from Pest Expert
Offered by pestcontrolsupermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars smoke bombs work!, 29 Mar. 2016
These smoke bombs really work. I have been plagued with moths for a few years and ignored them until I discovered that the edges of my expensive carpet had been eaten away by the larvae when they hatch out.
Re the smoke bombs. I put them in a room, I light them and go out for the day. It kills every thing in the room. But be careful I left a mirror in the room on the floor and the light from the fuse burnt a bit of my brand new sofa!! Follow instructions really carefully. I could have burnt the house down! It is a flame so treat it with utmost care.

Hozelock Multi Spray Gun Pro
Hozelock Multi Spray Gun Pro

2.0 out of 5 stars only lasts a year, 25 Jan. 2016
These last only one year if you use them daily like I do. I am not sure its value for money. There is not much competition. It begins leaking quite badly so you have no option but to buy another one. Unless someone here knows how to repair them;.

Oral-B Pro 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun, Ships with a UK 2 Pin Plug

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but you need plug adaptor!!, 9 Sept. 2015
Comes ONLY with two pronged plug but they don't tell you that!!! I was advised by my dental hygienist to use this particular brush. I have a rare auto immune disease with blistering of my gums. Some of this is because I have not been able to touch my gums without it hurting so I do have some gingivitis. BUT this brush does seem to help and my gums are not hurting using it. The massaging of gums is essential for gum health. I have not been able to properly do this for over two years. I also floss twice a day. It works ok but you have to be really particular with how you do it and how long. Also the dental hygienist advised to only use good toothpaste like Oral B Pro Expert or Corsodyl.

VALUE PACK 6x Fortefog Midi Fumer 11g - More Effective than Aerosols - Immediate Knockdown that Insects Cannot Avoid
Offered by Direct Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars This works, 7 July 2015
I have had moth infestation for about a year I used to sit every night with my electric bat killing moth after moth, vacuuming every day picking up moths. A friend recommended this. I used it once and it knocked out all the moths and odd fly in the room and since I did it last week the place has remained moth free. I still have a cupboard they seem to be in so one more space to go. Its a relief it takes up so much time killing the pesky things. This stuff works.

Bosch PSM 100 A Multi-Sander
Bosch PSM 100 A Multi-Sander

4.0 out of 5 stars Help - difficult to open the plastic box and instructions hopeless, 10 Jun. 2015
well for someone who loathes preparation of wood to paint I thought this would help with a huge varnished cupboard with louvre doors!! The worst. I took about 20 minutes just to open the plastic box. Why oh why do they not have a box that opens easily? Just a simple lift latch job and its open but no it was virtually locked together. I had to prise it open with a large pair of scissors in the end. Plus the hopeless instructions. Fortunately I sort of worked it out for myself how it worked in the end. Come on get the basics right. (I nearly peeled the base plate off before realising I did not have to do that.) Inches and inches about health and safety but a very simple step by step guide to How to set up your sander…Of course not. Why is this with most stuff you buy? Drives me crazy. I have not tried it out yet but will get back when I do. But I am a Bosch fan I buy most Bosch stuff so I expect this will work fine.

Conundrum
Conundrum
by Jan Morris

1.0 out of 5 stars Dilemma, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Conundrum (Paperback)
I wanted to be convinced about transexuals about men who believe they are born in the wrong body but there just was not anything in it to change my views. Jan Morris became a woman because she wanted to and because she could. No more than that really as an explanation apart from the usual stuff about not feeling right as a man. I found nothing to persuade me at all that this is a good solution to a dilemma. It suited her and I do not feel convinced in my heart she really is a woman but more a man acting what he thinks a woman is. It is just impossible if you have not been born a woman and lived a life as a girl and then a woman. To imagine you are living as one or what you perceive to be a woman's life is only a dream. But I respect her right to live however she likes. I would defend this right even though I will never understand it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2016 10:25 PM BST

Henry And June
Henry And June
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter drivel, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Henry And June (DVD)
Such a bad script and with such amazing characters this was one film that should have been mesmerising. But sadly it was utter drivel. Badly acted, badly written, the way all the characters were depicted was cartoon like. This would make a fantastic film written and directed and acted by someone other than this mob.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars mop breaks after 10 months, 31 Aug. 2013
Bought this mop on ebay for £75 trying to get cheaper deal sold as brand new never used. It worked absolutely fine for 8 months and I loved it until yesterday when it began overheating and fusing my electrics. I had to stop using it or it would be risky. I have seen that some, probably mine, are made as copies in China and sold on dodgy sites. My friend has had one for two years and absolutely loves it too. I have checked reviews for most steamers but this one still seems to be amongst the best. It just seems you can be lucky or unlucky. I read a lot of the comments and I think sometimes people do not use it properly. Doing your tiles and bathroom you use the detached steamer bit. My tiles came up a treat. Sure you have to wipe them down after but I keep a small towel even when doing floors to wipe down the excess. I have used the small part to steam off my cooker hood and the grime that came off you would not believe. The flooring in the bathroom really shined after steaming. I steam my toilet, basins etc. I do feel my house was cleaner when I used this versus a manual mop and bucket. I am taking a gamble buy buying another one. Glutton for punishment or not I love this machine. If this one goes then I will put it down to experience. But if you buy from a reliable retailer you should have a two year Euro guarantee to return it. As someone with arthritis it works a treat for me. Light and easy to use well when it works.

The Adventures Of Barry McKenzie [1972] [DVD]
The Adventures Of Barry McKenzie [1972] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barry Crocker

4.0 out of 5 stars real life 70s, 4 Dec. 2012
As an Aussie who came over late 60s, got off the boat and never went home, this very Aussie tongue in cheek look at the UK is so true. I was ripped off by unscrupulous taxi drivers and landlords the minute I arrived too but I was not as naive as Barry was. Australians at that time were quite naive most had not left Australia before and coming over here was a huge culture shock. It is an affectionate look at Brits or poms from an Aussie point of view. The attitude of Barry was sadly not unlike the attitude of a lot of Aussie men at that time. It still makes me laugh 40 years later. The differences between Australian life and UK life was so huge you could only know it if you lived it at that time and the film shows it. Coming to UK for most Aussies used to a life lived on the beach and barbies was a horrid shock. Those hideous London flats as shown in the film with brown lino and two bar electric heaters plus a paraffin heater or meters that were skewed by landlords were what most Aussies experienced. It was like moving from the 20th century to the 18th century overnight. But you had culture, we didn't, well ours took longer to emerge. Like Barry most Aussies went around with their mouths open at historic buildings, the world's best art, sculpture, opera, music. Need I go on? Coming to the UK made us realise what a good life we led and that Australia was truly god's own country but the poms had culture which we craved. We loved the UK life though. I still do. My wages were halved overnight doing exactly the same job in Australia. I was also ripped off by Aussies. I rented my first flat from a sweet talking Aussie crook who assured me I could just take over the flat, I moved in to find he had left without paying the rent. I knew others who attached lines to the electric cables thus avoiding paying any electricity bills while they lived here. But that film in a weird way does show a glimpse of the world we inhabited in the late 60s early 70s. It was historic and will never be repeated. I am glad I experienced it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2013 11:43 AM BST