Profile for Ac Legge > Reviews

Content by Ac Legge

Ac Legge "allisonlegge" (Cape Town South Africa)

Page: 1 | 2
Jan's Coming Out
Jan's Coming Out
Dvd ~ Jen Brister

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a documentary about coming out - I thought it was a movie, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Jan's Coming Out (DVD)
Yep I was disappointed to find out that this is an amateur looking documentary about a middle aged woman coming out rather than a humorous movie. So dreadful I stopped watching after 30 mins.

Kiss Me [DVD]
Kiss Me [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruth Vega Fernandez
Offered by Gayfilmlover

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see!, 21 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this movie at the Cape Town G&L film festival and was riveted to the plot and the characters. A real must see for anyone who is a lover of really good movies, with or without a gay theme.

The Gymnast (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [DVD]
The Gymnast (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dreya Weber
Offered by Gayfilmlover

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality gay movie, 12 Feb. 2012
Loved this movie ( see also a marine story that's also excellent). It's a gay love story simple as that but with good acting and bodies to die for. No gratuitous sex scenes either just to boost ratings. I have an extensive library of similar DVDs and this is one of the best gay themed movies out here. Great for a night in with your girlfriend.

Mens Osprey 36.5" Chest Full Length Wetsuit *Small*
Mens Osprey 36.5" Chest Full Length Wetsuit *Small*

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 12 Feb. 2012
This is the second wet suit of this brand I have bought for my son, now a teenager. Excellent price and does the job. Definitely no need to spend more money than this on a wet suit unless you are a sportsman or a diver.

Childs Osprey OSX Wetsuit Boots * UK SIZE 3* Improved!
Childs Osprey OSX Wetsuit Boots * UK SIZE 3* Improved!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my son, 12 Feb. 2012
What a well priced bit of kit for my son to stop him freezing in the sea in cape town, and the price means I don't need to stress about him losing them in the water. Don't think twice get some for your child.

Sugar Rush: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] [2005]
Sugar Rush: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Olivia Hallinan
Offered by i want one of those

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't get enough of this show!, 12 Feb. 2012
After reading the reviews of sugar rush I bought series 1 and 2 in a box set. The series is gripping from the start being funny and tragic at the same time( in the sense of OMG! Is this the modern family!!). loved the honesty of Kim's character and her frankness about her sexuality. I found the commentary on modern teenage life disturbing though! Do 15year olds really drink and take drugs like that?, series two is excellent too, as Kim and sugar grow up. Don't be put off thinking that this is some drama about teenage anxieties that middle aged people will not enjoy! Far from it, I found a lot of parelells with my life in my twenties and university life. In terms of a piece of lesbian drama, thankyou channel 4 for a great drama that deals with all the issues without too much gratuitous sex. A quality eve of tv.

BBC Lesbian Collection Box [ uncensored & uncut ]
BBC Lesbian Collection Box [ uncensored & uncut ]

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy lesbian entertainment, 9 Jan. 2012
I have seen all three of these separately. I recommend all three although after watching the French and Saunders parody of 'tipping the velvet' I can't watch the BB version anymore and take it seriously! The movie portrait of a marriage is a very good drama of the love life of the writer vita sackville west and her life long love affair with violet keppel - and the pain and trauma that bought into her life. The other two are lesbian historical classics. If you like classic historical literature and a really good historical drama with a lesbian theme like me these two DVDs are really excellent.

Science: Revision Guide (Letts Key Stage 2 Success)
Science: Revision Guide (Letts Key Stage 2 Success)
by Paul Broadbent

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank heavens for this series of books!, 27 Dec. 2011
I purchased most of this range of revision guides for my son when he had almost no school notes to revise from. All of this series of books is fantastic, well laid out, interesting and the content is spot on. Recommend to anyone in the same position.

Galt Toys First Sewing - Multi-coloured
Galt Toys First Sewing - Multi-coloured

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gift for my 5 year old niece, 27 Dec. 2011
I bought this as a Xmas gift for my 5 year old niece. Although she had many gifts this was the one that caught her eye that she wanted to play with straight away. I bought the gift because my niece needs to practice small motor skills. She found it very tricky initially but with a little guidance she made herself a lovely notebook cover. The praise she got encouraged her to try 2 more in the next day or so which she did all by herself, her confidence now in making herself the kits is wonderful to see, and is at the sometime helping her develop the fine motor skills. Very pleased with this gift!

Page: 1 | 2