Profile for Anthony Osborn > Reviews

Content by Anthony Osborn

Anthony Osborn

RABBITS AND FERRETS - WALK N VEST LARGE (Colors will vary)
RABBITS AND FERRETS - WALK N VEST LARGE (Colors will vary)
Offered by Black Cat Medicines - FREE UK Delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars The easy way to take your rabbit for a walk!, 23 Jun. 2016
Nicely elasticated so it doesn't 'tug' on our rabbit when we walk him around. Was relatively easy to get on and he seems comfortable enough to be left in it for longish periods.

Solo Stove Campfire - Largest Version of Original Solo Stove. Super-efficient Wood Burning Camping Stove. Great for Camping, Hiking, Survival, Emergency Preparation
Offered by Tamarack

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like it could be a part to a rocket ship, 29 Jun. 2015
Having never used a solo stove before I went straight in with ordering the largest available, since there were a few of us going away. It arrived within a day and is a really well-made piece of kit. Looks like it could be a part to a rocket ship! It was very easy to light using a firelighter and a few small twigs, then within no time we had larger twigs seriously kicking out some heat and boiling a 3 litre pan of water (well, in our case - soup). This would have taken several times longer without the stove and would have been very messy too. Being so lightweight we also took it on a recent beach walk, during which we were delighted to discover we could buy fresh fish so a delicious lunch was quickly cooked up. Cleaning up afterwards was easier than I expected. You do get some black soot on the bottom but since the stove is so clean-burning this is a very fine dust that easily comes off.

Overall a really great piece of kit and definitely worth the expensive-ish price tag. I’m sure we’ll use ours for years to come. Worth keeping one in the back of your car along with a few dry bits of wood and dried food. Then you can always stop off for a brew or quick meal!

Not a fault of the stove but some campsites are pretty strict with their no-fires policy – so if you care about breaking rules you might need to check what your site’s policy is before going away. In our case we were able to cook our food before anyone could complain about us burning wood.

The Gro Company Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
The Gro Company Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

2.0 out of 5 stars OK - but not intuitive, 9 Dec. 2013
The concept of these is really good but if you are a tired parent (that has been a little sleep deprived) it is fairly hard to figure out how to set the many settings on this to get it to work correctly. Other friends have had more success with these but we only used it a couple of times and then gave up.

Zippo Handwarmer - Chrome
Zippo Handwarmer - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Burns for over 24 hrs, 9 Dec. 2013
Really pleased with my Zippo Handwarmer. They have the great Zippo build quality so they are nice to the touch. I've managed to have mine burning for over 24hrs on one refill (12-18hrs is more usual). I have given these to two friends with Raynaud's syndrome and it has really helped them keep their fingers/hands warm on colder days.

The downside is that you can't find the lighter fuel everywhere. So if you buy one of these for a skiing holiday (for example) you'll have to take the lighter fluid away to fly on the plane and then finding somewhere to buy lighter fluid in an unfamiliar ski resort isn't that easy. This however is not a problem of the product.

Overall I would give these a 5 star.

Socks Uwear Mens Thermal Long Sleeve T Shirt Vest Underwear Med White
Socks Uwear Mens Thermal Long Sleeve T Shirt Vest Underwear Med White
Offered by 1stop-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 9 Dec. 2013
These are excellent value for money and arrive quickly. I brought this for a skiing holiday but as this is a very comfortable undergarment I wear it for other activities too (cycling, running etc). Hugs your body nicely and very comfortable to sleep in on those cold winter nights. A bargain.

Rubie's Official Adult's Freddie Mercury Costume - Medium
Rubie's Official Adult's Freddie Mercury Costume - Medium

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks the part but quality is not the best, 9 Dec. 2013
A friend and I brought two of these for a live performance on stage (2 songs). We weren't doing anything too energetic (I was playing the piano and he was singing) but by the end of our set both of our costumes were ripped to shreds. They look the part and arrived quickly but only really good for one-time use.

Personalised Custom Made Etched Italian Charm - Name & Date - Daisy Charm by JSC - Fits Nomination Classic Size
Offered by JSC Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 9 Dec. 2013
Really pleased with this purchase. My girlfriend loves these charms so being able to purchase one that was customized (our son's birth date) was extra special. Really good value, well made and it arrived promptly (faster than the official nomination charm I had ordered on the same day!!). Impressive given that this was manually customized.

Rayzor Professional UV400 Black 2 In 1 Ski / SnowBoard Sunglasses / Goggles, With an Anti Fog Treated Blue Iridium Mirrored Anti-Glare Clarity Lens and a Detachable Elasticated Headband
Offered by Sports Eyewear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value ski glasses, 19 Mar. 2013
These ski-glasses are excellent value and did a great job for me on a recent trip to Val Thorens. I mainly used them in 'ski mask' mode as the weather was a little cold.

They are an excellent alternative to owning both ski glasses and a ski mask. Unlike other ski glasses I have used these are still very usable in low light conditions. Since coming back from my ski trip I've continued to use them for both cycling and driving.

Mens High Performance Thermal Ski Socks (1 Pair) (Shoe 6-11) (Grey)
Mens High Performance Thermal Ski Socks (1 Pair) (Shoe 6-11) (Grey)
Offered by Lifeessentials11

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ski socks, 19 Mar. 2013
Great ski socks. Arrived quickly. Good price. Really comfortable to ski in and warm too. I would definitely recommend to others.