Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 975

Amazon Customer "i did"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmiGami Bird Figure
AmiGami Bird Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Our 5 year old spent a happy wet Sunday afternoon playing with this craft toy, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Bird Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our 5 year old spent a happy wet Sunday afternoon playing with this craft toy. She finished it quite simply and quickly, but with encouragement went back and added further layers. She was really happy with the finished outcome.

It's a shame it doesn't come with a simple storage box/wallet/bag for the unused pieces. I think the chances of us keeping the safe for another image makeover are remote!

Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush - 12.4 g, Charmed
Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush - 12.4 g, Charmed

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor staying power, 21 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually prefer a powder blush as I find cream can look a little heavy handed if you're not careful. However, this blusher applied very nicely. It blended well and wasn't at all greasy.

The colour is lovely - a subtle, uplifting pink that suits my pale (but freckly) complexion!

However, this blusher did not last the day. It barely seemed to last the morning. So I will be saving it for a night out rather than for daily use.

Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale Quick Build Bash n Crash Race Set
Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale Quick Build Bash n Crash Race Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Once it was assembled my five year old very much enjoyed controlling the car around the track - however, 6 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is billed as 5yrs + but does say in the instructions that very young children may need adult assistance. Well this thirty-something could have done with a little assistance too! There is no way in the world a 5 year old could put the track together, It's quite awkward to line up the interlocking clips and took us ages to find the very small letters on the back of the track pieces.

Once it was assembled my five year old very much enjoyed controlling the car around the track - however, it did regularly stop working and fiddling with the braids underneath was the only way to get it working again. This constant interruption really stilted our enjoyment.

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Removes ALMOST ALL dried on stains., 6 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's been a tough week. Chicken pox infestation. When I finally came to do the washing today, there were several white and cream items of clothes that were a casualty of a dinner time too long ago to remember exactly when.

I made up the paste as per the instructions and left for 6 minutes (one minute longer than the maximum 5 minutes - just for luck) and then washed as normal with a scoop of Vanish in addition to my bio detergent.

The tops came out clean all but the tomato and hot chocolate. A 4 star effort.

Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Pink
Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars LOUD!, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My two year old has not put this down since it arrived and when she does, I soon hear a little cry of 'owl' - which is unfortunate as it tends to sound like 'ow!' cue cross-purposed conversation about what is wrong!

Anyhooo (sorry!)....whilst she loves it - I think it's suitability as a baby toy is questionable. For one thing, it is not at all soft and huggy. The music mechanism is almost as big as the toy and very hard. A bit more padding would have helped with this.

Secondly, the music is not very calming. With the exception of Twinkle, Twinkle and Pachobel's Canon in D some of it is downright rousing. Such a shame , as I know from our Fisher Price jungle gym and rocking chair that they do a range of relaxing, soothing music/sounds.

Then there's the volume loud or loud.

Sorry Fisher Price - you usually hit the mark but not so much with this.

Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Brown
Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Brown
Offered by Duncans Retail

3.0 out of 5 stars LOUD!, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Then there's the volume loud or loud.

Sorry Fisher Price - you usually hit the mark but not so much with this.

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara by Grow Luscious - 10 ml, Black
Revlon Lash Potion Mascara by Grow Luscious - 10 ml, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars A little clumpy, 27 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a Clinique mascara girl - but at £17ish a pop I'm always keen to try cheaper alternatives.
This mascara was fine, but rather clumpy on my bottom, shorter lashes. I ended up messing around with wet wipes trying to sort it out.
Am I converted? Nope. 'Fraid not.

Philips Sonicare HX9361/67 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Pink
Philips Sonicare HX9361/67 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush. Not convinced by the charging glass., 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have always used a standard Braun electric toothbrush so was interested to try a Philips. I have found there to be pros and cons of this toothbrush both of itself and in comparison to the Braun but the main question is:- does it clean better? I have to say, yes, I think it does. After 5 days my teeth have been feeling amazing. Really smooth and polished - like they do after a trip to the hygienist.

So pros:
The option to USB charge is really useful - especially when you're travelling.
The travel case is fab and very compact.
The four quadrant buzzing helps me to stay focussed and make sure all areas of my mouth are brushed.
I like the way it switches off when the particular programme has finished - I have been known to mindlessly brush my teeth and realise that probably 5 minutes have passed.

Cons
The instructions are sparse and are not very clear on the charging methods. I spent ages looking for a base charger to finally see some (not very clear) print explaining that not all models have this.
The toothbrush is way too long for the charging glass and liable to being knocked out.
It mentions in the instructions that it can be ticklish when you first use it. THEY ARE NOT WRONG! Although, you do get used to it.

Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]
Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars The animation is really nicely done and not like the jerky Barbie movies she ..., 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our daughter loves this. The animation is really nicely done and not like the jerky Barbie movies she puts us through! A programme that we enjoy too is always a winner.

Pajanimals - Meet The Pajanimals [DVD]
Pajanimals - Meet The Pajanimals [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughters age 2 and 5 love it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20