Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "i did"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Offered by ASK

3.0 out of 5 stars good quality sound but limited choice of playback sources, 27 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Out the box - the contents were nice and simple, the unit itself, a power cable, some tiny mounting brackets and a few bits of paper.
The quick start guide was nice and simple. The process was a bit of a pain - it wouldn't recognise my router details but after a few restarts I was away.

I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber so connecting with Spotify was super easy.

I was very impressed with the sound quality- really rich and fills the room. I've been using a portable Bose wireless speaker that I love but this surpasses the quality. Have tried out a few genres - from Ryan Adams to Andy C and all sounds sweet.

The unit isn't the most beautiful thing and it is quite big, but it isn't ugly - doesn't stand out too much.

Having tried Spotify I tried to play from other audio sources I use. BeyondPod for podcasts, BBC Iplayer radio etc. I can't find a way. After some digging around it seems there isn't one. And the Panasonic app is awful. I don't have huge music collection on my phone but if I did navigating it through their app would be a real pain.

Overall - good quality sound but limited choice of playback sources means this offers poor value for money. I guess I could plugin via an aux in cable to listen to other stuff but seems to defeat the point of a wireless speaker. Panasonic need to do a better job.

Barbie Princess Power Superhero Vanity Playset
Barbie Princess Power Superhero Vanity Playset

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 minute wonder. Maybe it's better if you've seen the film., 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was sent this to review. My children love their dolls so it seemed like a good fit.
Knowing nothing about the Barbie Princess Power Superhero movie I opened this box imaging it to be just a dolls dressing table. so imagine my surprise and growing horror when I opened a draw that caused the top section to flip up and reveal that Barbie has a high tech surveillance system. It was only on examing the box more carefully that I discovered that this is all part of some new regal superhero thing that Barbie does these days and not evidence of paranoia or voyeurism. The weirdest thing about the dressing table is that children are encouraged to put a smart phone inside the frame and pretend that Barbie is watching whatever is on screen. I am really struggling with that as a concept. In my day dolls had plastic TVs with stickers for screens. What was wrong with that?
The toy itself has seen very little love from my children. They have played with the accessories (it comes with princess/superhero gauntlets, eye mask and tiara) but barely touched the dressing table itself. They were excited when we set it up but that initial enthusiasm hasn't translated into much time playing with it.
The build quality and value are what most Barbie house holds expect from this kind of play set; you don't get much for your money and it won't stand up to a lot of heavy play, or being dropped.
But if your Barbie dolls are desperate for a new dressing table with built in radar, CCTV feeds and space for your iPhone this is the product for you!

Igenix IG3960 Under Counter Larder Fridge, 48 cm
Igenix IG3960 Under Counter Larder Fridge, 48 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as an overflow fridge but flawed as a sole fridge., 10 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a larder fridge - a fridge with no ice box/freezer drawer.

We are using it under our counter for drinks, special offers and overflow. It suits this purpose perfectly.

It is lovely and quiet which we are very grateful for. We find the kitchen can get very noisy with dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier and fridge/freezer all humming at once.

My reason for 4 stars, rather than 5, is that I think you could struggle with dimensions if this was your sole fridge. The door storage is very narrow and does not allow large bottles eg 4 pints of milk. The salad box would also be an inadequate size for us. It's hard to tell from the picture but it's less than half the depth of the fridge.

Igenix IG8010 Single Hotplate 1,500 W - White
Igenix IG8010 Single Hotplate 1,500 W - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Obtained for use in a school, this nifty hot ..., 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Obtained for use in a school, this nifty hot plate does just the trick. So far boiling ice and water has been successfully demonstrated to eager pupils!
However, a word of warning - the whole unit gets extremely hot - not just the plate - making it very hard to move until it's completely cooled down.

AmiGami Bird Figure
AmiGami Bird Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Our 5 year old spent a happy wet Sunday afternoon playing with this craft toy, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Bird Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our 5 year old spent a happy wet Sunday afternoon playing with this craft toy. She finished it quite simply and quickly, but with encouragement went back and added further layers. She was really happy with the finished outcome.

It's a shame it doesn't come with a simple storage box/wallet/bag for the unused pieces. I think the chances of us keeping the safe for another image makeover are remote!

Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush - 12.4 g, Charmed
Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush - 12.4 g, Charmed

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor staying power, 21 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually prefer a powder blush as I find cream can look a little heavy handed if you're not careful. However, this blusher applied very nicely. It blended well and wasn't at all greasy.

The colour is lovely - a subtle, uplifting pink that suits my pale (but freckly) complexion!

However, this blusher did not last the day. It barely seemed to last the morning. So I will be saving it for a night out rather than for daily use.

Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale Quick Build Bash n Crash Race Set
Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale Quick Build Bash n Crash Race Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Once it was assembled my five year old very much enjoyed controlling the car around the track - however, 6 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is billed as 5yrs + but does say in the instructions that very young children may need adult assistance. Well this thirty-something could have done with a little assistance too! There is no way in the world a 5 year old could put the track together, It's quite awkward to line up the interlocking clips and took us ages to find the very small letters on the back of the track pieces.

Once it was assembled my five year old very much enjoyed controlling the car around the track - however, it did regularly stop working and fiddling with the braids underneath was the only way to get it working again. This constant interruption really stilted our enjoyment.

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Offered by HDIUK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Removes ALMOST ALL dried on stains., 6 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's been a tough week. Chicken pox infestation. When I finally came to do the washing today, there were several white and cream items of clothes that were a casualty of a dinner time too long ago to remember exactly when.

I made up the paste as per the instructions and left for 6 minutes (one minute longer than the maximum 5 minutes - just for luck) and then washed as normal with a scoop of Vanish in addition to my bio detergent.

The tops came out clean all but the tomato and hot chocolate. A 4 star effort.

Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Pink
Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars LOUD!, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My two year old has not put this down since it arrived and when she does, I soon hear a little cry of 'owl' - which is unfortunate as it tends to sound like 'ow!' cue cross-purposed conversation about what is wrong!

Anyhooo (sorry!)....whilst she loves it - I think it's suitability as a baby toy is questionable. For one thing, it is not at all soft and huggy. The music mechanism is almost as big as the toy and very hard. A bit more padding would have helped with this.

Secondly, the music is not very calming. With the exception of Twinkle, Twinkle and Pachobel's Canon in D some of it is downright rousing. Such a shame , as I know from our Fisher Price jungle gym and rocking chair that they do a range of relaxing, soothing music/sounds.

Then there's the volume loud or loud.

Sorry Fisher Price - you usually hit the mark but not so much with this.

Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Brown
Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars LOUD!, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Then there's the volume loud or loud.

Sorry Fisher Price - you usually hit the mark but not so much with this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20