Profile for Michael Brooks > Reviews

Michael Brooks

The Sociopath Next Door
The Sociopath Next Door

5.0 out of 5 stars Has helped myself, 13 April 2014
Well, I am writing this review although only halfway through the book. As a person who was briefly targeted by a sociopath I felt I had to understand how this could have happened, wanted to know how prevalent in society these people are, what are the signals that they give off, so as to be better prepared in the future. This book has given myself a very useful insight into what drives sociapath's to do the things they do. It has helped myself identify at least two other people I know who show classic behavior.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking, 27 Mar. 2014
Do you know a Don Tillman? I think I do, and it was for this reason that I found this book so interesting. Rosie, was also the perfect antithesis for the Don character. The book did have the required ending, however in real life I am not so sure this would be the case and I base this on personal experience of watching such a relationship unfold and ultimately finish after many unhappy years. In the book one could not help though but love the Don character, especially favorite to myself when Don became the hero on the cocktail selling night. For a lot of people this book would have made then laugh out loud, myself I found the comedy aspect very amusing. Ultimately, I found the story to have parallels with 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' which just so happens to be my favourite film. Hopefully, will be made into a feature film at some point, perhaps made in the manner of the tv series 'Sherlock Holmes' where Sherlock voices over his thought processes.

New Set of 6 Red Wine Glasses 290 ml Gift Boxed + Free Bottle Wine Opener
New Set of 6 Red Wine Glasses 290 ml Gift Boxed + Free Bottle Wine Opener

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 15 Feb. 2014
These wine glasses are superb value for money. So much so, that I now have twelve of these after someone purchased them for xmas for myself.