Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more
Profile for J. Morgan > Reviews

Content by J. Morgan

J. Morgan (Wales, UK)

Large Corner Computer Desk with 3 Drawers and A4 Filing Matching other Piranha Graphite Black Effect Home Office Furniture - Regal PC 28g
Offered by Piranha Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Spacious solid desk, 15 Aug. 2015
Big desk, very solid, can swap the cabinet to either side, however an absolute pain to put together with allen keys. Would be good if the manufacturer could provide it part-assembled to some degree. Would give 4 stars if it was a little easier. Excellent delivery time and clear instructions none the less.

Vax U90-MA-Re Air Reach Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Purple
Vax U90-MA-Re Air Reach Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliance, 15 Aug. 2015
Best vaccuum ever used. Very powerful, very light, what more can you want. Used to be £270, if it's £100 or under, it's quite simply a bargain!

Shockwave Supernova
Shockwave Supernova
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful new album from the master of guitar, 15 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Shockwave Supernova (Audio CD)
Fabulous new album, can't wait to see him live again! this one is much more laid back but I would say has the most re-playability of anything he's ever done. It's just SUBLIME! how can anyone not enjoy chilling out to this? brilliant in the car too! thoughtful stuff from the master of guitar.

SteelSeries Rival Optical Mouse (PC CD)
SteelSeries Rival Optical Mouse (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rival to Rival, 6 Oct. 2014
After having got through a few Razer mice, with the last one skipping all over my mousemat and also a Razer keyboard breaking on me after 6 months of very casual usage, I decided to try something different. I have used the Steelseries qck mats for a while (smooth cloth) and have been very pleased.

So, the mouse:

Build quality feels sturdy and smooth to the touch, there are textured grips on both sides which are totally missing from most other mice and it's a breath of fresh air to see this finally incorporated on a gaming mouse. Nice one.

The optical sensor is the best I've come across, with the mouse defaulting to 800dpi and on the fly adjustments available when you press the button on the top. (How anyone can use anything higher than 800 on a mouse is a mystery to me, the cursor becomes completely uncontrollable).

Ergonomically the mouse feels very comfortable, which is again very nice to see something so simple yet well thought out.

Lastly, there are colours. Many colours! You can customise both the scroll wheel and logo on the mouse independent of each other to whatever you wish, or even cycle through colours. Brilliant. Looks great.

Well done Steelseries, you've got yourself a new customer, clearly a mouse for gamers, made by gamers.

Live At Luna Park [Blu-ray] [2013]
Live At Luna Park [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Dream Theater

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 5 Dec. 2013
I had previously watched Live At Budokan which showcased what an incredibly talent act Dream Theater are, but this shows just how far they've come. Every member of the band is amazing at what they do. After watching the G3 concerts on dvd with Satriani, Vai etc. I always loved Petrucci's clean but precise and lightning fast playing, but this is just another level. All of these guitarists are just absolutely phenomenal!!

I have come to the conclusion they are by far my favourite band now. There's something about the sincerity in the lyrics, their personas and the mind blowing talent that just gets me every time. I literally sat watching the bluray with a big smile that kept appearing on my face!

And now to Mr. Mangini...

Ever since I saw that drum solo on Youtube of him at a Vai gig, I absolutely LOVED him! He is SO good, any musician worth their salt would appreciate what this guy is capable of. When I saw the auditions happening for him to be in Dream Theater, I got so excited! I kept searching for more news all the time and the dream came true!!

His drum solo on this is even better than the Youtube one. He truly is world class. I would say the best drummer in the world. There are some drum parts that Portnoy would play of their old songs he just wipes the floor with, like it's second nature to him. I could watch it a thousand times and not get bored. Just incredible!! sometimes playing with just one hand.

All the other members are superb, Rudess is just a powerhouse.

BUY IT! BUY IT NOW!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2013 5:11 PM GMT

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Eau de Toilette for Men - 200 ml
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Eau de Toilette for Men - 200 ml
Offered by Fragrance New York

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 30 Oct. 2013
I thought I'd upload a few images of the product as some people seem to be worried that it isn't genuine. I spoke to an Amazon colleague who assured me all products sold from Amazon come direct from the manufacturer, it's the third party sellers you need to worry about! this along with Issey Miyake are my favourite aftershaves, this one will last a good few months and is my girlfriend's favourite. I think it STINKS that so many high street retailers are selling fragrances in such tiny bottles; 50ml, 75ml etc. usually for about £40 a pop. Get a big one, great value, speaks for itself really.

I've never had a problem with purchases from Amazon themselves, would highly recommend their live chat feature if you have any problems or questions. Great smell, definitely one of the best. My girlfriend even said she could still smell it on me after I'd had a shower! crazy.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Tech21 D3O Impact Snap with Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black
Tech21 D3O Impact Snap with Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black
Offered by Echno

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best out there, 20 May 2013
I did quite a bit of research before I went ahead and bought this case. Seemed to me there are 2 main offerings in this area to protect your phone: Cases that are extremely cheap (around the £5 or under mark) that will be made of low quality materials and most probably fall apart quite quickly, or something around £20-30 that will last. The genuine Samsung cases are ludicrously over-priced and whilst protecting the screen, offer zero protection for the back or if the phone were to be dropped. The S View style cases seemed gimmicky, and from past experience I wanted to avoid screen protectors because my last smartphone has zero scratches after years of use and of course they also reduce the clarity of the screen, and the S4's screen is without a doubt the best out there right now, it would be criminal to stick plastic over it!

So I wanted something that had a flip cover to protect the screen, and some sort of protection for the back without adding loads of bulk and voilà! I found this baby. The phone is encased in a polycarbonate shell which is nearly indestructible (google it) and all the sides are protected (big plus), the camera is also recessed so it wont get scratched. The flip has microfibre to cover the screen, and leather on the outside so it really feels premium. To top it all off, they have strips of D30 (youtube it) inside, which is made up of intelligent molecules that absorb shocks and impact. (awesome, it's basically orange FLUBBER, cooool!)

With the S4 being incredibly light in weight, it is also nice to put this on and make the phone feel a bit more substantial, but even with this I can barely feel it in my pocket, it really is that light!

Conclusion:

Probably the best case out there. There are plenty that have a shell on the back (silicone/plastic etc.) but then you have to get a protector for the screen. The genuine cases are just a flip with a replacement back to the phone and offer zero protection. There are leather offerings etc. but as far as I can see nothing comes close to this, it's just got it all going on. Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 1:40 AM BST