Profile for C. Crabtree > Reviews

Content by C. Crabtree

C. Crabtree "ceci x" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Heat N Bond 20-inch x 11 yd Extra High Loft Fleece Fusible, White
Heat N Bond 20-inch x 11 yd Extra High Loft Fleece Fusible, White
Offered by Stuff 4 Crafts

5.0 out of 5 stars 50 but they seemed to have doubled the price since then so people like me just can't afford it anymore, 27 Oct. 2015
Fabulous fusible fleece. I bought this when it was at 14.50 but they seemed to have doubled the price since then so people like me just can't afford it anymore :( I didn't mind the wait for it at that price. If it is at that price again I would probably order 3 or more bolts of it!

HNPtech UK Mains Charger for Samsung Galaxy Tab 1 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 10.1 Galaxy Note 10.1 (Black)
Offered by HNPTECH

1.0 out of 5 stars V annoyed., 3 Aug. 2014
Doesnt charge when tab 2 is switched on, which is kind of important!! V annoyed.

Tailor's Chalk Triangle - Set of 3 Red, White, Blue
Tailor's Chalk Triangle - Set of 3 Red, White, Blue
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 1 Aug. 2014
2 broken inthe box out of the three. Disappointed.

The Complete Superman Collection:[4-Discs] [DVD]
The Complete Superman Collection:[4-Discs] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christopher Reeve
Offered by Products Of Excellence

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it a bird, it is a plane...., 24 Mar. 2011
I bought this dvd due to the fact that I grew up with these films as a child. I used to love Superman 3, and only now do I realise how many plot holes there are to it! However, that aside these films are a treasure.

Sound quality is not great. I had to turn my volume right up on my television to hear them. And I know it is not my dvd player as I have tried other dvds on it and they have worked fine. Whilst I can perfectly hear the sound on the general channels at about 20, this dvd requires me to go up to about 50. Quite annoying for something that is supposed to be the "complete" superman collection. Disappointed in quality but pleased with films!

Alegria
Alegria
Offered by HLRecordsEU

5.0 out of 5 stars Alegria, 26 July 2006
This review is from: Alegria (Audio CD)
Having seen this show many times now, it of course was not long before I had to buy this CD. It contains all the music from the show and includes the wonderful "Mirko" and "Jeux des Enfants", music which should brighten up any dull moment. In case you hadnt guessed, Alegria actually means "Joy", which gives away what the music on this CD is all about. I have a feeling most of these songs are in Spanish, although I could be wrong. However, you dont need to know any Spanish to enjoy this music. If you like this CD, I thoroughly recommend "Saltimbanco", which is just as much fun, if not more fun, than Alegria.

Buy now for circus fun!

The Gondoliers or The King of Barataria (Vocal Score)
The Gondoliers or The King of Barataria (Vocal Score)
by W S Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen and Learn...., 19 May 2006
this score is the perfect companion for a cd of the music. It contains all the dialogue and vocals. This is perfect for people going to an audition for a show as it has the score condensed for the piano.

Great!

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonkerific, 26 Feb. 2006
This album is for someone who absolutely adores the film. In all honesty, I only bought this because I like the film and the price was excellent. I am not a hardcore fan of the movie, but I am a big musical fan. My favourite song is "Cheer Up Charlie" with beautiful lyrics and a very "sing a long" song!
The only downside I have to this cd is the talking there is before/between/after some of the songs. The candyman song has all the kids asking about willy wonka before the candy man begins to sing. It gets quite irritating after a while. This is why I have given it 4 stars rather than 5.
Otherwise a good cd, and you cant go wrong at that price.

The Great Divorce
The Great Divorce
by C. S. Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully written, 6 Aug. 2005
This review is from: The Great Divorce (Paperback)
I usually find it a little difficult to get into a book, but this one really caught me and I felt incapable of putting it down.
This book talks about many of the various human weaknesses, many of which we all have and fall down on. It shows us in the examples of the souls who take the "bus ride to heaven" how we can see this in other people. The heart broken mother who is desperate to see her dead son but is actually just wanting to fulfill her own desire for love. The man who cannot believe anything which is at all "supernatural". We see many of the different traits of the unnamed characters in ourselves, and this book gives us a chance to ponder over them and maybe change them.
This book is definitely for those with a vivid imagination. You can feel the mans pain (as always, the character is not named) as he walks on the grass which cuts on his feet and you feel sympathy for a soul who hasnt as yet got to a "saintly state" to appreciate the wonders of this heavenly kingdom.
C. S describes his "dream" of heaven and hell so well and reflects on them in a way I hadnt thought of before. We think of hell as fire and pitchforks, but his idea is so simple that it could just about be real.
But this book. Its worth the money!

Slipper and the...
Slipper and the...

5.0 out of 5 stars Suddenly....., 14 July 2005
This review is from: Slipper and the... (Audio CD)
What a beautiful album, filled with all the music from the fairy tale "Slipper and the rose". If you are a big fan of the film, then this is a definite must have piece of memorabilia.
Listening to it for the first time, the recording is so perfectly true to the film, and even thought the words are not on the cd, you find yourself speaking in the gaps.
Without question, this something needed by all those romantics out there and all those who have grown up with "Slipper and the Rose". Buy now.

Ruddigore (Godfrey, D'Oyly Carte Opera Chorus)
Ruddigore (Godfrey, D'Oyly Carte Opera Chorus)

3.0 out of 5 stars I know a lad who loves a little maid...., 8 July 2005
I still dont fully understand the story behind ruddigore. I think its mostly to do with curses and mixed up family ties. But there is also a lot of romance. I actually bought this in preparation for a show i am doing next year, so this is very handy. The only problem I find is that the singers are a bit warbly and you cant really hear some of the words. Plus its also a bit fast being that its a very early recording. Saying that, it was very cheap. If you are looking for something to practice with, choose this. But if you are looking for something to enjoy listening to, I would look somewhere else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2010 12:53 PM BST