Profile for JJ > Reviews

Content by JJ

JJ

Page: 1 | 2
Branche D'Olive Silver Heart Pomander (Cloud)
Branche D'Olive Silver Heart Pomander (Cloud)
Offered by Twinkle Twinkle Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice cover, disappointing smell, 2 Mar. 2015
Pretty heart, but the smell is much more powdery than expected. It is also not a very strong scent and cannot be smelt unless right next to it. A little disappointing!

LEGO Technic 9393: Tractor
LEGO Technic 9393: Tractor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lego kit, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: LEGO Technic 9393: Tractor (Toy)
This is everything you'd expect from a Lego Technic kit.

With some determination my 10 year old son managed to put it together on his own, so it may not be suitable for the upper age range stated, but it is definitely suitable for the lower age range.

Electric Aromatherapy Air Freshener-Bergamot & Orange - 2 pc - Unit
Electric Aromatherapy Air Freshener-Bergamot & Orange - 2 pc - Unit
Offered by OTCFORYOU

1.0 out of 5 stars Non uk plug & very very slow delivery., 28 Aug. 2013
I bought this as I was looking for an alternative to the synthetic air fresheners you get which can irritate and don't always smell that great.

The reviews were good ( I now realise these were mostly from the US) so I thought I'd give it a go. Firstly, I waited ages for this to arrive (it took nearly a month!). Once I received it I unpacked it & found the smell to be quite pleasant & not too overpowering. But to my disappointment, the plug-in unit has a non-uk plug on it, so I can't use it. I have tried using an adapter, but this puts the unit sideways which means it will leak!

Basically, a long-awaited item which promised good things but has turned out to be a real disappointment & is now being returned for a refund.

Catit Double Diner, 1 x 350 ml, 1 x 160 ml, White
Catit Double Diner, 1 x 350 ml, 1 x 160 ml, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great practical bowls, 28 Aug. 2013
These bowls are stylish and practical. The stainless steel inserts can be removed, giving you double the number of bowls (or a set for when the main case is being washed!)

They have rubber feet so are non-slip on a mat and they are a decent size for food - a little large if anything.

Overall, I am really pleased with my purchase & would recommend them to anyone.

Sunwise Petite Thirst Sunglasses - White
Sunwise Petite Thirst Sunglasses - White
Offered by Wheelies Outlet

4.0 out of 5 stars Pink not white!, 28 Aug. 2013
I love the fit of these glasses. I have a small head so conventional sports glasses tend to swamp me and do not stay on particularly well, but these are a perfect fit.

My only gripe is that the frames are a pearlised pink, not white as described. I personally don't mind this (and may well have chosen pink if it had been an option!) but this may not be to everyone's taste.

Bosmere M650 4-Seat Cube Set Cover
Bosmere M650 4-Seat Cube Set Cover

4.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor furniture cover, 28 Aug. 2013
Very quick delivery. the cover is of nice quality & fits well on our 210cm square table. However, it is a little short so leaves the bottom of the table and chairs exposed.

Felix As Good as it Looks Kitten Favourites Selection 12 x 100 g (Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches)
Offered by Livy Furniture & Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value & quick delivery, 26 July 2013
It's Felix cat food - nothing more to say on the product, but the ease of ordering online, good price and quick delivery make it so much easier than lugging the same amount back form the supermarket (where it is also more expensive!)

8 Childrens Kids Fruit Scented Rubbers Erasers Ideal Gift or Party Bag Fillers
8 Childrens Kids Fruit Scented Rubbers Erasers Ideal Gift or Party Bag Fillers
Offered by best deal 4 u

3.0 out of 5 stars Only mildly scented, 26 July 2013
These rubbers are ok - the scent is very mild & they are not the best rubbers my daughter has ever had, but hey, you can't really complain for the price!

Pettex Pampuss Woodbase Cat Litter 30 Litre
Pettex Pampuss Woodbase Cat Litter 30 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use & environmentally friendly, 26 July 2013
I bought this on the strength of another users review & I have to say, I am very pleased I did. This cat litter is a vast improvement on the small stone variety we were using previously! It doesn't get everywhere as the pellets are larger to start off with, but then turn to sawdust when wet & our kittens don't seem to be able to kick it out as they used to with the stone variety. When the whole litter tray is sawdust, you empty it and replace the litter. You can also empty the used sawdust onto your garden as it is a natural product. Odour control is no better or worse than other cat litters - cat poo smells whichever litter you use!

The only down side is that I have found it slightly more difficult to get the the cat poo out, as it doesn't clump like some other cat litters, but the benefits have far outweighed the negatives so far.

X-Plane 10: Europe Edition (PC DVD)
X-Plane 10: Europe Edition (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't load properly - disappointing, 8 July 2013
We bought this having read the positive reviews. We ignored the ones about it not loading properly with Windows 7 as my husband is a competent computer professional, and thought we'd be able to overcome any loading issues. Unfortunately it seems we should have heeded the advice - after several attempts (and several hours of our time!) we have not been able to get this to load. The first disc worked fine, but not the second. We tried to contact the developers by e-mail on a number of occasions for help but received no response. All-in-all a very disappointing experience. My advice? Do not buy if you plan to use this with Windows7.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 3:12 PM GMT