Profile for asdf > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chasing The Light
Chasing The Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Chasing The Light (Audio CD)
Excellent CD as expected

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Only 3 of 4 motors working out the box., 26 Dec. 2014
Bought as a gift, however only 3 motors are working. Looks like the soldering for one motor has not been done properly, this should be an easy fix with a soldering iron tomorrow morning but I don't expect to have to repair things that are new out of the box, especially when it was bought as a gift. At least I've got plenty experience fixing/building electronics.

3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 2 x 6.35mm Mono Audio Cable - 2 Metres
3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 2 x 6.35mm Mono Audio Cable - 2 Metres
Offered by Sivitec_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, 11 Dec. 2013
Bough this so that I could use my (active) PA speakers (that I normally use with my bands) as computer speakers without having the faff of going through the mixing desk. This cable allows me to plug my headphone jack output straight into the speakers and works a treat.

Duronic LS06 15.6" Premium Water Resistant Neoprene Laptop Pouch Sleeve for Notebooks upto 15.6 inch
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 8 May 2013
Nice swish bag that fits my laptop snugly. Not tested the waterproofing, I hope it won't be needed! (could come in very handy if it does help though) I can fit charger & mouse in the pocket but usually choose to carry them separatly as they make it bulkier so usually just keep a pen drive in it but handy to have. Only issue I've had is that I used it with a bag that had raised plastic screw covers pressing against it which have left a permanent imprint but no real damage (slightly less padding at those points but as its in the middle of the back of the bag its unlikely to ever make a difference

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 16 Mar. 2013
Very impressive audio quality for the price I paid, and they do a good job of reducing background noise too.

Suck UK Stainless Steel Key Bottle Opener, Silver
Suck UK Stainless Steel Key Bottle Opener, Silver
Offered by Mya & Matilda

3.0 out of 5 stars Was great, then broke, 20 Dec. 2012
It was a great attachment on my keyring (as a first year student, what key could be more important), however broke after less than six months so only 3 stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2013 1:02 AM BST

The C Programming Language (ansi C Version)
The C Programming Language (ansi C Version)
by Brian W. Kernighan

5.0 out of 5 stars Best textbook I bought all year, 20 Dec. 2012
This is by far the most useful textbook I bought all year, and far better than the other C book I got. Short, clear, concise and to the point. Not the book for you if you want long wordy explanations about everything, but if you want to get lots of info fast and clearly (which also means its not a burden if you want to carry it around) then this is for you.

The Works of Jules Verne (27 Books with active table of contents)
The Works of Jules Verne (27 Books with active table of contents)

5.0 out of 5 stars 27 books, for that price!? yes please!!, 20 Dec. 2012
How could 27 books by such a great author for this price be anything other than five stars.....? And the active TOC is great :)

European Rail Timetable Summer 2012 (Rail Guides)
European Rail Timetable Summer 2012 (Rail Guides)
by Thomas Cook Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for European train travel, 20 Dec. 2012
I bought this guide for an interrail trip last summer and it proved its self invaluable. I wouldn't dream of holidaying in Europe by train without it! I found the train times accurate everywhere I went (Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Finland and ferries between Estonia and Finland) except Poland which it had a timetable which expired in June, which for July travelling was no help. However I don't blame Thomas Cook - the displayed train info at the Polish train stations didn't always match what the Polish rail companies listed online! I also have no idea how accurate the times are for Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, despite travelling through them as there the trains are so slow and awkward that long distance buses are a far better way to travel. Having this guide (along with my interrail ticket) meant I didn't have to stick to an schedule (not even by country, my initial plan didn't include Germany at all, that was decided the night before I left Prague for Berlin!) and I didn't need to rely on internet cafe's to plan my timings.

The Chambers Dictionary 12th Edition
The Chambers Dictionary 12th Edition
by Chambers (Ed.)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Chambers Dictionary, 20 Dec. 2012
Chambers is, and has long been, the best dictionary around for word lovers, and this edition is no exception. Great for those games of boggle, nine letters, scrabble...... or just to peruse

Page: 1 | 2 | 3