Profile for trying something new > Reviews

Content by trying somethi...

trying something new "jules"

Page: 1 | 2

Electric Shock Pen
Electric Shock Pen
Offered by Accessory-Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars shocked that there was no shock!, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Electric Shock Pen (Toy)
the shock is barely feelable. not enough for prank. waste of money

The Body Book: The Law of Hunger, the Science of Strength, and Other Ways to Love Your Amazing Body
by Sandra Bark

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source of knowledge, 26 Aug. 2014
love the book.
loads of useful info, in plain language.
wish I had this book when I was 16!

Mill Creek Biotin Shampoo 473 ml
Mill Creek Biotin Shampoo 473 ml
Offered by UniStore

5.0 out of 5 stars best shampoo ever, 26 Aug. 2014
I absolutely love this shampoo! it gives hair a lovely shine!

The Platinum Collection [2011 Remaster]
The Platinum Collection [2011 Remaster]
Offered by MediaMine

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 & 2 would be enough, 26 Aug. 2014
no need for greatest hits III in this collection. it's just a repeat of the other two but live version, in my opinion not better

Bare Lifts Instant Breast Lift Bring Push It Up Breast Bust Shaper Bra Tape 20 Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 26 Aug. 2014
not good, waste of money, doesn't do the job, and I am B,

Pure Raspberry Ketone and Detox-Colon Cleanse Combo to Support Weight Loss & Slimming 2 x 60 Capsules Made in the UK Suitable for Vegetarians. Free UK Postage
Offered by Be-Beautiful-Online

4.0 out of 5 stars it helped, 11 Jun. 2014
I've been taking these tablets for 30 days (2 of each a day).
I weighted myself and measured my waist before I started the course.
I have lost 6.6 pounds and an inch off my waist.
I didn't change my diet, because I wanted to see if there is any effect, and for me they worked.
I know 6.6 pounds in a month is not much, but considering I wasn't dieting or exercising it's pretty good.
Will do it again but I will double the dose and see if that speeds the process.
I will update this review after that.
As for any other effects that people talk about (filling full, less appetite, not bloated, more energy) I haven't noticed any.
But there is a little bit aftertaste, especially the white, ketone tablet. It's not vile and it goes away, so it's not a big deal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2014 12:08 PM BST

Scotch Stiletto Shoe Tape Dispenser - Black
Scotch Stiletto Shoe Tape Dispenser - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but, 11 July 2012
Unfortunately I was disappointed with my purchase. I wrongly (obviously) assumed that all desk tape dispensers are weighted, but it turns out they're not.
The stiletto is too light, therefore I have to use both hands to get a piece of tape. That's just not practical if you use tape a lot and need one hand to hold down paper or whatever it is that you're trying to tape down. I was thinking of glueing it down, but that's just silly. I did keep it though. It's on my desk, as a decoration while I continue using my good old boring looking ordinary dispenser.
I think I will be purchasing the red shoe dispenser, but this time I will go to the shop to see if it's heavy enough (in description it says "Weighted, for one-handed dispensing" but I'll check the real thing to be sure)
Stiletto never claimed it's weighted but I think it should say that it's not weighted.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 11:19 AM GMT

Five Minute Faces: Fantastic Face-painting Ideas
Five Minute Faces: Fantastic Face-painting Ideas
by Snazaroo

1.0 out of 5 stars do not bother, 23 July 2011
I got this book free when I purchased Snazaroo paints. Just as well it was free, because if I paid for it I would be VERY disappointed. The faces are very amateur, something a young child would paint. If you want a serious face painting book - keep looking and don't buy this one. But if you are looking for a book for kids to get them interested in face painting, than this is a book for it.
Would not recommend this book to anyone who does or wants to start face painting.

The Other Hand
The Other Hand
by Chris Cleave

1.0 out of 5 stars what a waste of time!, 5 April 2011
This review is from: The Other Hand (Paperback)
Oh my god!
I was lured by the back cover, secretive and intriguing. the book was nothing like it! the little kid, Charlie: so so SO annoying! if the mother and the father were well spoken, as the book suggests, the kid would not continue to say "is" instead of "are" through 400 boring pages! also the mother - Sarah says "do you see?". I personally have never heard that expression used by an English person. Little bee also uses it, and it suits her better than it does Sarah - still irritating though (the expression). Back to little bee, with her "pound coin" at the start and "Queen's English" throughout the book - so boring that it's actually nauseating!
And last very irritating thing: Kingston upon Thames. How many times does the author need to mention it? seriously! is it Chris Cleave's favourite thing to say? he must like the sound of it very much to repeat it hundreds of times in his book, sometimes in a few consecutive sentences! The general idea to expose Nigerian politics and dangers was a great idea, but it didn't translate well in the book. it does feel rushed and unrealistic. The ending? it a little bit like running out of paint while re-decorating and deciding to leave it like that and maybe people will get fooled that it's meant to be 'artistic' 'with a deep/hidden meaning' 'to give you something to think about'. Erm... NO!
One more thing, it feels like although the author created those characters, he didn't really know them, didn't explore them enough to write about them.
in one sentence: waste of time, but good marketing trick with the description.
Oh, just remembered, googled the book after reading, and apparently Nicole Kidman wants to produce a movie adaptation of it and star in it as Sarah. Must say, just lost a little respect for ms Kidman... Unless she decides to change it completely and make it more authentic.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2011 9:18 AM BST