Profile for Morley St George > Reviews

Content by Morley St George

Morley St George (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
OS Explorer OL14 Wye Valley and Forest of Dean (OS Explorer Map)
OS Explorer OL14 Wye Valley and Forest of Dean (OS Explorer Map)
by Ordnance Survey
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Oct. 2016
OS still cannot be beaten

Trade Quality 800amp 6 Metres Professional Jump Leads
Trade Quality 800amp 6 Metres Professional Jump Leads
Offered by AAAz Ltd

Great quality item

Portable Charger RAVPower 16750mAh Power Bank External Battery Pack with Most Powerful 4.5A Output and iSmart Technology - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Oct. 2016
Great item, Happily recharges two phones with loads of power left.

BESTRUNNER 10Pcs 16GB Swivel USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Foldable Storage Thumb U Disk Gift Golden
Offered by Ziolsam

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2016
GREAT VALUE AND VERY FAST DESPATCH

4 Luxury White Goose Feather & Down Pillows (2 Pairs)
4 Luxury White Goose Feather & Down Pillows (2 Pairs)
Offered by Value Comfort Home

1.0 out of 5 stars Go for 100% down, not a feather mix., 23 May 2016
Disappointed. Not only less filling than anticipated but I hadn't expected the feathers to be so 'crunchy' - the quills of goose feathers are fairly rigid and make a distinctive plasticky noise as you move your head. If you want a natural filling I recommend that you choose 100% down rather than a down and feather mix. More expensive but worth it.

Scrabble 2005 Edition (PC CD)
Scrabble 2005 Edition (PC CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH, 12 Dec. 2013
I should have read the reviews before buying! Main problems are that the game does not fit onto a widescreen and cannot be adapted; and that the computer "opponent" always seems to have a perfect set of letters, even in beginner mode, and makes up words which do not appear in the dictionary or uses unacceptable words such as abbreviations.

Samsung UE32D6530 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D 200Hz LED SMART Internet TV with Freeview HD

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but choose with care... and don't forget to buy the extras!, 28 Dec. 2011
Other reviews have said most of it already, so I was aware of the main shortcomings before purchase, and was swayed by the picture quality, size and other aspects. I wasn't worried by the poor sound because I planned to connect to my hi-fi. And I wasn't worried about the shortcomings of the "Smart TV" interface, as I mainly wanted to use this for BBC iPlayer, Channel 4OD, etc, and to view photos. I wasn't expecting, though, that the Samsung would have no analogue sound output other than headphone socket. And the onboard sound is, to me, much worse than other reviewers would have me believe; it may be comparable with some other flat screens but not with the old Panasonic CRT model I was replacing. This has necessitated ordering a digital to audio converter (£29.99) plus a Toslink cable (£5.99). I had tried using the headphone outlet but that was not adequate, so I'm hoping these items will solve the problem. As for Smart TV, the inadequacy of the remote input device, together with an abysmally slow download time, and seemingly 'cut-down' versions of YouTube, etc, make for an experience so frustrating as to make me give up. There is no 'app' for channels other than BBC (meaning you need to go through the internet browser, which is very poor) and even BBC iPlayer was enough to make me switch off altogether. The 'app' for sharing files from my PC, as well as being unwieldy, was difficult to set up, as Samsung failed to include in their manual (only available electronically) full instructions, such as downloading software from their website to enable the PC to communicate with the TV. Fortunately, I have my PC in the same room, so I now just use the TV as an additional monitor, so I can play whatever I like on my PC and watch on the TV.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot to say, the picture IS good.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2012 3:56 PM BST

The Little Book of Surrey
The Little Book of Surrey
by Rupert Matthews

1.0 out of 5 stars Hope the rest of the book is better than the preview!, 14 Dec. 2011
I took a quick look inside the book and immediately noticed an error - River Row, Wrecclesham has been turned into Forest Row! Makes me mistrust the rest of the book, so I won't be buying it. Better to buy works which are closer to source rather than one which appears to have rehashed stories from earlier collections.

The Best Of Ar Log
The Best Of Ar Log

5.0 out of 5 stars For Goreton read GOREUON, 25 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Best Of Ar Log (Audio CD)
I managed to find this album with some difficulty as it is mis-spelt. Correct spelling is GOREUON, not Goreton! Not heard this yet but Ar Log are very good and the review system demands use of the marking system, so 5 stars it is! Pity there doesn't seem to be a "Correct this page" button!

Vax U90-P6-C Power 6 Complete Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U90-P6-C Power 6 Complete Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars NOISY AND DANGEROUS, 16 Feb. 2011
Having spent some hours comparing specifications and prices we decided that this cleaner would be hard to beat so we bought two! One for us and one for a family member. Yes, it cleans well, but not hugely better than the much cheaper and less-powerful Electrolux it replaced in our house. But it is SO NOISY!! I'm pretty sure it must exceed the decibel limit for factory machinery, and comprises a very high pitched whistling overlaying the deeper tone of the motor. We are embarrassed to use it for fear of upsetting our neighbours. Worse, it is rear-heavy, so topples backwards very easily indeed, making it unsuitable for use on stairs. The on/off switch is a foot operated one, adjacent to the tilt pedal, so it takes some getting used-to and there is a tendency for it to switch on or off unexpectedly when tilting the handle, or vice-versa. And finally, it is unsuitable for use in a room with an open fire. I found this out the hard way when vacuuming near the fireplace. This cleaner emits a HUGE exhaust draught from the front, and this expelled most of the ash from the grate, all over the room. Thank God the fire was unlit and cold at the time, or we could be homeless.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3