Profile for John McC > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless keyboard/Mouse, 8 Feb. 2015
Plug the dongle in, put the batteries in and that's it. It just plain works. I've had mine 14 months and still on original batteries. Can't really fault it.

Bruder Scania R-Series Fire Engine Slewing Ladder, Water Pump and Lights and Sounds Module
Offered by webstoresrl

4.0 out of 5 stars Bruder fire engine, 17 Jan. 2015
This is a high quality fire engine as you would expect for the price. Be aware the description is NOT completely accurate: It does not have a moveable windscreen and it does not have fully functioning steering. Don't let that put you off its still a great vehicle that any child is going to love.

Vktech 40x 3.5mm Gold-plated Bullet Connector RC Battery Banana Plug
Vktech 40x 3.5mm Gold-plated Bullet Connector RC Battery Banana Plug
Offered by vktech-HK

4.0 out of 5 stars Bullet connectors, 30 Oct. 2014
If you're not in a hurry to get them, mine took 16 days to arrive, then I'd recommend them. Exactly as described and a good snug fit, they won't come apart accidentally.

Four Friends Natural Wood Surround Toy Chest
Four Friends Natural Wood Surround Toy Chest
Offered by Party Parade

5.0 out of 5 stars Wooden toy box., 18 Oct. 2014
Quality product, well made and speedy delivery. Double boxed to prevent damage in transit. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Brooks Men's Infinity Tight II - Black, Large
Brooks Men's Infinity Tight II - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Brooks running tights., 14 Oct. 2014
Great value for money. I'm 34 waist, 31 inside leg and large size is a perfect fit for me.

Bruder - Rear Loading Garbage Truck
Bruder - Rear Loading Garbage Truck

5.0 out of 5 stars Bruder rubbish truck., 14 Oct. 2014
Brilliant quality toy. Grandson is going to love it.

Beurer BG17 Diagnostic Bathroom Scales
Beurer BG17 Diagnostic Bathroom Scales

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty scales., 31 Aug. 2014
Bought as a birthday present for son in law as he wanted scales that do body mass index. Sadly when they arrived this feature did not work and constantly showed error despite doing all the troubleshooting he could. As usual Amazon customer services were brilliant and sorted out replacement. So I'm sitting on the fence at the moment with three stars.

FScene X Add-On for FSX and FS 2004 (PC DVD)
FScene X Add-On for FSX and FS 2004 (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars FScene add on, 4 Aug. 2014
I was a bit disappointed by this scenery add on. It does say it only makes a subtle difference and I would agree with that. In the end I uninstalled it and bought REX instead. More expensive but you get what you pay for.

Samsung MZ-7TE250KW 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung MZ-7TE250KW 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 840 Evo SSD, 1 Aug. 2014
I have an up to date system that runs Windows 8.1 without errors or blue screens.
Before installing I de fragged my drive, made a system image and ran chkdsk and chkdsk scan. No errors or bad sectors reported.
Then I ran the migration software, I downloaded the latest version, and it's failed at 92 percent. I tried everything I could think of to get it to work but failed. After about 12 attempts I gave up and it's gone back for a refund. I know a lot of people rate this drive so perhaps I was just unlucky but I've lost faith in it now and wouldn't recommend.
UPDATE: Now purchased Intel 530 SSD which uses a version of Acronis to migrate. Migrated 139 GB of data in about 10 minutes. I suspect the problem with the Samsung is a software related issue.

RACE X RX0014 Tyre Pressure Gauge
RACE X RX0014 Tyre Pressure Gauge
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Tyre gauge., 30 July 2014
Dispatched and received quickly. Well packaged. Looks a quality bit of kit and easy to use. Time will tell but pleased with purchase at the moment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4