Profile for Mr. S. Waldron > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Waldron

Mr. S. Waldron "Steve Waldron" (UK)

The President's Hat
The President's Hat
by Antoine Laurain

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical book!, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The President's Hat (Paperback)
I bought this book because the cover caught my eye as I was browsing the latest books on offer, and I am very glad that the cover did catch my eye because this is a wonderful book. The way the hat has a positive impact on each new owner is a bit like a version of 'paying it forward'
I enjoyed the way Antoine Laurain took me back to the days before technology had taken over our lives, to the days when people actually wrote letters!
You can lose yourself in the enchanting streets of Paris easily when reading this book, each character is totally believable and I found myself flying through each chapter knowing that I picked up a real treasure at the bookshop.
I had not heard of Monsieur Laurain before I read this book, and having read this splendid book I will now be an avid reader of anything he writes in the future.
The President's Hat is not just a nostalgic feel good read, it is the kind of book which when read should be passed to someone else to enjoy, just like the 'hat' in the story whoever reads the book after a personal recommendation will also be positively impacted, it will draw you in like a magnet if you see it on display in any bookshop, buy it, read it and you will not regret it.......a magical book.

Two Brothers
Two Brothers
by Ben Elton

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful wonderful book!, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Two Brothers (Hardcover)
I could not put this book down once I had started it. Very well written, riveting at times. It is a real reminder of how dark the days were under the Nazi rule in Berlin. Moving at times and you do feel you are in that era living the words on the pages.
Can't praise this latest novel by Ben Elton enough, definitely worth buy, absolutely worth reading......a must read!

After the Crash
After the Crash
by Martin Spinelli

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving and yet powerful story of real love and determination, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: After the Crash (Paperback)
This is such a moving story, the belief and strength shown by a father in his determination to prove many of the medical world wrong is staggering, yet truly inspirational. I defy anyone not to be moved by this book, the bond and love between father and son is indeed something special. I do feel this book will help anyone believe that your instincts are your strongest tools, that no one knows your own child better than you and never underestimate the love a parent has for its child.
The relationship Martin and Lio has is something very beautiful, truly inspirational and this book is a must read.

Banana Man (2nd edition): The Inspirational Story of How One Man's Mission to Save a Child Led Him to Become an Accidental Father to a Thousand More
by Kevin Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book, 16 Sept. 2010
What an excellent and very inspirational book. Very moving and a book you just cannot put down. If this book does not inspire you to do something anywhere to stop poverty globally for children then no other book will!