Profile for Mrs. S. J. Hart > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. J. Hart

Mrs. S. J. Hart "Sarah Jane"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Year of ★Love & Friendship★ quotations in a jar. The Perfect Gift for loved ones in your life especially for Birthdays and other special holidays & events. Each jar contains 365 Multi-coloured Quotes - a year of everyday Thoughts and Sayings in a 900ml Kilner clip type glass jar to inspire loved ones to happiness. For friends, family and special people in your life - mum, dad, wife, sisters, aunt, friend. ★Start your days with a smile★
Offered by Astoria Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique gift for a loved one, 7 Feb. 2015
I was running out of time and wanted something genuinely unique and special for my very closest friend for Christmas. I came across this jar of smiles completely by accident and I'm so glad I did. My friend called me on Christmas Day saying it had made her cry! Every day she shares the quote with me that she pulls out of the jar and we discuss them and disect them! I really hope that Julie comes up with other themes for these jars as I would absolutely buy from her again and would recommend this as a gift to anyone dear to you who likes something different, a few words of wisdom, something to cherish, to share, to smile about.

Wisdom Panel Insights Dog DNA Test
Wisdom Panel Insights Dog DNA Test
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 25 Feb. 2014
We have always wondered if our dog was a genuine german shepherd. He's all black and looks and behaves so much like a collie. We saw this on Amazon and thought we would give it a go for a laugh, it didn't matter what he came back as, we love him no matter what, it was curiosity more than anything. We got the eagerly awaited results today - we have a pure bred. They sent so much information over to look through that was really interesting. I would recommend this to anyone!

The Faithless
The Faithless

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave up - again, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Faithless (Hardcover)
I'm sure a lot of you know the story - used to be an avid fan - read her early books more than once - spent more time than I should have done excited about new releases - disappointed over and over and over - kept giving her one more chance....

Received this book as a Christmas present, I certainly wouldn't waste my money on them anymore that's for sure. Started reading it on Boxing day. And here we are 3 weeks later, I'm barely 100 pages in, me, who can read a 500 page book in 2 days if it grips me. Getting ready for work this morning and just thought, do you know what, I just cannot face that ghastly book on my lunch break one more day. I've slung it in my recycling bin outside, perhaps recycled, it will be put to better use.

Nearing Christmas, I'll be sure to be vocal about the things I DON'T want to receive, Martina's Coles latest flopbuster being the top of the list.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2012 11:45 AM GMT

Revenge of the Rose: A Novel
Revenge of the Rose: A Novel
by Nicole Galland

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read, 15 Sept. 2011
Was a little bit worried after reading Nicold Gallands first book, A Fools Tale, that she couldn't possibly write so fantastically a second time. She has not let me down. Took this book on my first Nile Cruise in Egypt and was hard pushed to put it down to enjoy the amazing sites that Egypt had to offer, I so wanted to just read one more chapter, one more chapter....!!!! Finished on the plane and then was fuming with myself for not having packed her next novel, Crossed, which I can't wait to read. This author is outstanding, I would recommend her even to people who aren't particularly interested in history as her wit and storytelling abilities are out of this world.

The Fool's Tale: A Novel
The Fool's Tale: A Novel
by Nicole Galland

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and amusing, 29 April 2011
Picked this up in the library, what an absolute treasure. Fantastic story teller, I fell in love with the characters, witty and amusing, I can't wait to read more by this author. Absolutely recommended

The Distant Hours
The Distant Hours
by Kate Morton

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 15 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Distant Hours (Hardcover)
Was really looking forward to reading this book, my son bought it for me for Christmas, I enjoyed her other 2 books so much. When my Step Mother, who got it before me, told me she had not been able to read it, I didn't believe her. Or, maybe I didn't want to believe her. I've just put it down and admitted defeat at page 126. I hoped that when we went back in time it would get better, but it got worse. One of the reviewers has said it's like wading through treacle and that's a really apt description. I'm very disappointed.

The Family
The Family

4.0 out of 5 stars Better, 3 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Family (Hardcover)
Didn't buy it when it first came out, not like the old days when I had Martina's books on pre-order for months. Got the book for Christmas and picked it up with trepidation but was pleasantly surprised. Read it in 3 days and enjoyed it. Still wary of Martina, feel she's really let her readers down but feel a bit more positive after this read

Hard Girls
Hard Girls

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't pay for it, yay!, 3 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Hard Girls (Hardcover)
For the first time ever, I didn't pre-order it on Amazon. I borrowed it off a friend (who said it wasn't worth bothering with). Lo and behold, she was absolutely right! Managed about a third, gave it back to my friend, I'm none the poorer this time. I've learned my lesson. Such a shame, Martina Cole was brilliant. Don't know what happened, an explanation doesn't seem forthcoming, don't think she reads these reviews, must be of the opinion still that what she's churning out is fine by us. News for you lady, it's not. Surely she will notice a slump in sales figures soon? Anyway, I've got money left to go and buy a decent book........off shopping now!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2010 8:41 AM GMT

Dishonour
Dishonour
by Helen Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to prove herself as a very good author, 6 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Dishonour (Paperback)
I normally shy away after awhile when an author continually uses the same core characters as I like a change now and again, and like to see what else the author can come up with. But I'm not tired of Lily Valentine, Jack or Sam yet and thoroughly enjoyed this book. Just recently, I've moved a couple of my favourite authors off my list of 'buy them as they are released' to 'get them from the library.' I will be continuing to buy Helen Blacks books as she releases them.

I recommend this read. I don't like grouping authors together, they are all unique so I'm not going to say if you are a fan of Mandasue Heller or Martina Cole you will love this book as personally I think that the 3 authors are all different and take their work in different directions.

If you fancy a good read, with colourful characters, if you are interested in current affairs, as this book has a very strong theme, then give it a try

Poor Little Bitch Girl
Poor Little Bitch Girl
by Jackie Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Just average, 8 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Poor Little Bitch Girl (Hardcover)
Her books are so far removed from her exciting first novels, the indepth stories surrounding Chances and Lucky.

I read this book because it was a Jackie Collins, if it had been an unknown author, I would never have bought another by them again.

Not good........