Profile for Georgie P, age 19 > Reviews

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars So who is the Half-Blood Prince...?, 16 July 2005
I have just finished reading the latest Harry Potter book in the series, after buying it this morning and reading it in an 11 hour long stint.
As usual, J.K Rowling does not disappoint. I enjoyed it from the very beginning, having been particularly eager to find out what the first chapter was, since I had heard that it had been brewing in J.K Rowling's mind for some 13 years.
The sixth book brings many new characters, as usual, as well as all our old favourites. There's a shocking revelation about who the new DADA teacher is, and the identity of the Half-Blood Prince was a twist I never could have anticipated. Then there's the usual Invisibility Cloak snooping, a new (and slightly unexpected, for me at least) love interest for Harry, while Ron and Hermione continue their on-off love-hate friendship-relationship, and brand new relationships are formed.
Then, of course, there is the death of another major character. It is almost expected, but still comes as a chilling surprise as J.K. keeps us lingering for a few chapters, awaiting the outcome.
Put all this with amusing love potion situations, laugh-out-loud one liners, and a delicious hint of what is to come in the final book (sob!), and you've got yourself another highly enjoyable volume of this incredibly well written and original series.

Fresh Fruits
Fresh Fruits
by Shoichi Aoki
Edition: Turtleback

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh FRUiTS!, 26 April 2005
This review is from: Fresh Fruits (Turtleback)
YES! I can't wait for this book! Being the biggest fan of Japanese culture/anime/fashion in the UK, I naturally had to purchase the first FRUiTS book the day it came out. When I found out there was going to be a second, I absolutely knew I had to have it! I'll be waiting eagerly for the release date while I flick through my collected copies of the FRUiTS magazines...
There's not really must else to say except, if you consider yourself a big enough fan of Japan, you need to get this book. (And the original one, too!)