Profile for bookworm92 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Fallen Star
The Fallen Star

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Fallen Star (Kindle Edition)
I feel quite torn about this book. One the one hand I like the story idea and thought that the beginning of the book was really good... but on the otherhand the rest of the book felt a little flat.

I found Gemma quite interesting in the beginning but throughout the book I found myself wondering why she wasn't making the connections between her and the visions that she kept seeing. It was presented fairly obviously and I found myself wishing that she would just wake up and make the connection! The characters of Gemma and Alex had a very Bella/Edward feel to them. Alex told her she couldn't do something so she didn't do it.

I also found that the author kept reapeating speech and descriptions which was very annoying. There's only so many times Alex can say 'I didn't say that to be mean' before you want to scream.

Overall I would say that it's a acceptable book to read at the cheap price but it's not something I think I'm going follow through with by reading the sequel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2013 10:07 PM GMT

Destined: Number 9 in series (House of Night)
Destined: Number 9 in series (House of Night)
by Kristin Cast

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book- not the best, 30 Dec. 2011
I really used to love these books, at the beginning they were so fast paced and addictive that I could hardly put them down but for the last 2 books it has really felt like they've been trying to drag out the series as much as they can. I have to say though that this book is better then the 2 before it. I felt that the pace has stepped up slightly making it more enjoyable. I also liked how some of the characters really grow into themselves in this book and we learn more about them. (Spoiler ahead!!) However I am soooo not looking forward to another Heath/Stark drama which I thought was hinted at in this book and something that I feel is going to be in the next book as well.

Overrall I would say that this book is a OK read but not something you should really go for if you're looking for something action-packed.

Passion: Book 3 of the Fallen Series
Passion: Book 3 of the Fallen Series
by Lauren Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Jun. 2011
To put it simply Passion was brilliant. Despite reading negative reviews of the book I found it an enjoyable read. It was satisfying for Luce to come into her own, and grow as a character. It was also nice to see things from Daniel's viewpoint as we didn't really get that in Fallen or Torment. The book goes through some of Luce's and Daniel's past lives, explaining how the curse began, and giving some background to a particular character whose behaviour had baffled me some in the previous books. It is definately worth buying.

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers)
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers)
by Rachel Vincent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Mar. 2011
I was a bit weary about buying this book after I saw 'twilight fans will love it'. But I'm glad I bought it. It was a really good book and not at all what I expected it to be.
I would recommend this to anyone.

Earphones With Volume Controls (No Mic) - iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 3rd/4th Gen, iPod Classic 5th/6th Gen, iPod Nano 4th/5th/6th Gen, iPod Shuffle 4th Gen
Offered by ASL EUROPE LTD (UK SELLER)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 19 Mar. 2011
The first time I purchased these headphones none of the controls worked. I purchased some more after the others completely broke, thinking that it was a one-off, and found that this time the volume control wouldn't work. I also found that with both headphones the sound quality was ok at the beginning but within 1-2 weeks the sound quality got worse.
I defiantely wouldn't recommend these headphones to anyone. You would be better off spending more money on some decent quality headphones.

Entangled
Entangled
by Cat Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 19 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Entangled (Paperback)
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started to read this book. But I'm glad I did.
I loved the book the whole way through and although Grace could be rather annoying at times, 95% of the time I felt like I could identify with her character.
Would definately recommend it to anyone who wants to read a good book!

Stolen
Stolen
by Lucy Christopher

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants a good read, 19 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Stolen (Paperback)
I took a gamble buying this book, as it isn't the usual genre I would go for.
I still don't know what to think of it now I have finished it. I found it quite hard to engage with the book, and I couldn't really identify with Gemma. At times I literally had to force myself to read it. I thought it got better towards the end, but personally I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants a good read.

Page: 1 | 2