Profile for Isaac > Reviews

Content by Isaac

Isaac (Newbury, Berkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
OnePlus 3 / OnePlus 3T Screen Protectors, TWIN PACK of Orzly 2.5D Pro-Fit V2 Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Original 2016 Model Oneplus THREE & OnePlus 3T Version - Transparent with BLACK Rim
Offered by Orzly

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely bad screen protector, 14 Jun. 2017
Very unimpressed with this product. As identified in previous reviews, this has a number of problems:

1.) Rainbow effect caused by lack of adhesive on centre of protector.

2.) Adhesive on sides is very poor - they occasionally lift up slightly, leaving the sides of the screen unresponsive to touch.

3.) Dot matrix is very visible in sunlight, obscuring the screen.

I'd strongly advise against buying this.

The Smokeless Cigarette Dessert Pack Pack E Liquids 5 x 10ml UK MADE Zero Nicotine

2.0 out of 5 stars They look great, but aren't, 14 Dec. 2016
Pros:
Banana sundae flavour is nice
Nozzle lets you refill quicker than with pipette

Cons:
All other flavours not particularly pleasant
Packaging cheap
Potential for leaking into cap

Review:
Product arrived promptly. The bottles come in a flimsy plastic tray, which is slightly disappointing given these bottles are relatively expensive compared to a lot of others, many of which come in a box. I wouldn't say this criticism is worth deducting a star from my rating, but is still valid. There is no pipette attached to the screwcap as there is on some bottles. Instead, there is a lid underneath with a thin nozzle attached. From my experience this has an advantage and disadvantage - it is quicker to pour liquid into your tank than having to repeatedly pipette, however when the bottle is turned upside down for too long this allows the liquid to slowly leak into the inside of the white cap (a potential problem if you're carrying this around in your pocket). It does not escape the cap if tightly screwed, but is nonetheless an annoyance.

As for the flavours themselves, with the exception of banana sundae these are not good. I started with banana sundae and was impressed with the hints of vanilla/ice cream coming through when I thought the flavour would just be dominated by banana. It was perhaps slightly too sweet, but still a nicely balanced pleasant flavour.

Even though the majority of the others are realistic flavours, transposing them from food to e-liquids just doesn't work. Blueberry muffin is too dominated by the taste of muffin and just feels very sickly, while apple pie is the same respectively. Fruit Medley smells nice, but the after-taste is mainly a peach flavouring that isn't very enjoyable. The peanut butter is more akin to chocolate liquids I have tried (I detect little or no peanut butter) which are too artificial and bitter.

I did get a second opinion on these from a couple of friends, who reached broadly the same conclusions as me. I was excited by this product, but I'm left fairly disappointed.

Premium E Liquid, VVAY Vape Juice 10ml Multipack 10 Flavours for E-cigarettes no Nicotine

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking product, but flavours were a mixed bag for me., 12 Dec. 2016
This was my first time buying/trying e-juice, and I'm fairly pleased.

Both box and bottles are attractively designed. Although probably a common feature (I literally have no idea), the pipettes works well in refilling your tank, although you will have to resort to pouring once running low.

The lack of 5 star review comes purely from me not liking all the flavours. Although of course being subjective, I do believe that vanilla, blueberry, apple and watermelon all have broad appeal. I found Cola to be too subtle, and others to be too bitter and/or artificial.

I'm not disappointed with the purchase, but I probably wouldn't buy again. Having tested the waters, there's better assortments out there.

INNOKIN 0.5 ohm Stainless Steel Isub Replacement Coils (kanthal latest version no spill)
Offered by 10 Clouds

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Dec. 2016
Used with iSub G tank. Not impressed, especially given these are the more expensive option. In comparison to the ordinary (black ring) coils that were supplied with my vape, these resulted in much tighter draws and a reduction in flavour - no matter how much time I spent playing with the wattage to compensate. Crucially, it heated up the atomiser so much that I felt compelled to stop vaping after 10 or so hits. I do not have any problems with over-heating with my original coils, but having used 3 out of 5 SS coils each have become extremely hot after moderate use. I wouldn't recommend these to anyone with a similar set up.

HTC One A9 Case, POETIC Affinity Series [X-FORM] Premium Thin/No Bulk/Protection Where Its Needed/Clear/Dual Material Protective Bumper Case for HTC One A9 (2015) Black/Clear
Offered by Smart Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking case that provides excellent protection, 12 Dec. 2016
I've been using this case with my silver A9 for 3 months, and have no criticisms. The contrast of the black border with the silver/white finish of the phone is very nice aesthetically, as is the interesting patterning to the back of the phone. It is slightly more bulky than the clear gel case I previously owned - the black bordering protrudes slightly from the sides and back - but this results in a more solid and protected feel. The blocks obviously protruding from each corner also add to the reassurance of protection, without being a nuisance. The sides have a textured finish to provide better grip, which while not being strictly necessary does help to an extent with not dropping your device. All access ports have been adequately designed, while the volume keys/power button are easily pressed - a relief given the stiffness of the buttons on my previous case. I'd recommend.

PThink® Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for HTC One A9 with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (HTC One A9)
Offered by PThink UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra money for extra protection & ease of application, 5 Sept. 2016
I have been using the same protector since February 2016. Having previously applied cheaper plastic screen protectors which can be infuriating to apply and frequently cause bubbles, I thought I'd give this a shot. Very easy to apply in comparison, cloth is provided to remove dust particles before application of protector, which can be easily lined up and stuck down. This is noticeably thicker than ordinary screen protectors I have used in the past which may bother some, but I have got used to it. I have not noticed it compromising touch sensitivity in any way.

The only criticism I have, which has been mentioned previously, is that the protector leaves about 1mm of unprotected screen if aligned with one edge. This isn't likely to make a great deal of difference to how well it protects your screen, it just looks a bit naff.

Having used a single screen protector for 7 months, it has just received a few deep scratches which have thankfully not reached the screen itself. So on the whole it is a success so far, although it is yet to come crashing face-down onto a hard surface. I will post my results if this occurs.

PowerCore 10000 with Quick Charge 3.0, Anker's First Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Portable Charger, Backwards Compatible with All Versions of Qualcomm Quick Charge, For Samsung, iPhone, iPad and more

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, compact, rapid charge times...no qualms!, 5 Sept. 2016
I bought this to use with my HTC One A9, primarily for Pokemon Go.

I needed it for when I was on the move, so given the PowerCore 10,000 was small relative to most chargers on the market of a similar capacity, I opted for this one. It is extremely portable - you'd probably get away with shoving a couple of them in your jean pocket if you really tried. It's depth still leaves it feeling slightly chunky in the palm of the hand, but this is really just a minor quibble.

I was interested in this mainly because of the Quick Charge 3.0 technology that my mains charger is also compatible with. Having seen the speeds of the wall charger, the PowerCore is on par. It took my (locked) device from 20% to 80% in ~30 minutes. While playing Pokemon Go (v. battery intensive), it still manages to charge at satisfactory rate, taking around an hour from 20-80%. Considering some lower-powered charges I have used struggle to even maintain a device's battery when gaming, that is very impressive indeed. It gives my phone 4 full chargers and a small amount extra so no complaints there. As for replenishing the battery of the portable itself, I find it takes ~5 hours to charge all the way up when used with my 3.0 wall charger, and 7-8 hours if not.

Like most Anker products I have used, the device is very well made. It's matte black shell feels very premium and solid in the hand. Having dropped this quite badly on two occasions it has come out unscathed - but don't try this at home! The design is a simple as you like: one port for charging your phone/tablet and another attaching the charger to the wall. Another port would be great for when a friend is also running out of juice, but given that would most likely affect its size - a big selling point - I don't have a problem with this.

This is an extremely functional and attractive power bank. If you don't mind only having one USB slot and don't need many days worth of charges, I'd seriously suggest getting this one. If portability isn't an issue, I'd take a look at PowerCore 20,000 which is essentially just a larger version with an extra slot.

HTC One A9 Case, [Scratch Resistant] i-Blason **Clear** [Halo Series] for HTC One A9 2015 Release Hybrid Bumper Case Cover (Clear)
Offered by I-Blason EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with this case., 18 Feb. 2016
Case is easy to apply and take off. The material allows you to be able to grip the phone easily (I felt like I was constantly going to drop it before!) which is a relief. Holes for the buttons seem perfectly cut out for the A9. This is an excellent case if you do not want to cover up the beautiful aesthetics of the device, as it is fairly minimal.

As correctly stated by a previous reviewer, the casing protrudes around 1mm from each edge which does not add much bulk, but is certainly noticeable.

Only reason for 4 rather than 5 stars is the stiffness of the power/volume buttons. A previous reviewer hoped this was due to the case being new, but having had this for a few weeks now it is still quite stiff.

Overall great case.

EDIT September 2016:
One corner of the case has cracked after a few months use. I did frequently take it off to remove excess dust that had become trapped between it and the phone, which must have stressed the plastic. I would have thought that the case would be better built to withstand this. It does not affect the usability, but may compromise the shock-absorbency it is supposed to be provide. I have amended my review down a star to reflect this. Now using a more rigid case for my A9.

Fast Charger, Anker USB Charger 18W USB Wall Charger PowerPort+ 1 for Galaxy S8 / S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Google Pixel, Note 4 / 5, LG G4, Sony Xperia XZ, Nexus 6, Huawei, iPhone and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Now works perfectly for HTC One A9, 18 Feb. 2016
Having previously given this product an unfavourable rating due it not quick-charging my A9, I must amend my review. I recently received the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 update which gives support for Quick Charge 3.0. I must admit I assumed my device already supported this tech as the description for this charger does suggest it. Now I can properly use the charger, it is amazing! On a test run my phone went from 15% to 90% in around 40 minutes. Would definitely recommend this to anyone, just make sure your phone supports it first!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2016 2:26 AM GMT

Sennheiser CX 870 Premium Ear-Canal Earphones with High Passive Noise Attenuation

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, clear sound but somewhat lacking., 13 Jun. 2011
I've had these buds for around 6 months now, previously having owned a cheaper pair of Sennheisers. From previous experience at least, I was expecting a very reliable pair of earphones which could withstand abuse, and I wasn't disappointed. You'll be able to put these through a lot of wear and tear unlike some other headphones from Bose for example which break on you a lot sooner. The earphone shell it made from very durable plastic that won't see much damage too.

The fit is nice too - unlike my previous pair which were shaped very straight as they went into your ear, the rubber bud (you'll get 3 of these depending on shape/size of your ear)is positioned so you can get the most comfortable fit possible - such an improvement on the last pair! The sound quality is very good for the price, I was impressed on my first listen and even more so when I had allowed for some burn-in which brings the product up to its full potential. Bass response is very nice, and can hit the high ends of songs which incredible clarity.

The only real problem you'll have with this is possibly the noise cancellation, which certainly isn't the best if you're planning to isolate yourself from the world when walking along a busy road. It is good at blocking out most noise but is no where near perfect and the sounds of people and traffic can reach you even at full volume. From reading elsewhere it seems this can be a bit of a let down in a lot of Sennheiser products particularly the more upmarket IE8s.

Still, for the price you can't complain for a very reliable and beautiful sounding headphone. Compromise with the poor noise cancellation and avoid busy roads!

Page: 1 | 2