Profile for P. Lineham > Reviews

P. Lineham (Twickenham)

Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists
Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists
by Anne R. Bradford

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, was won over by other reviews, but now not convinced, 21 July 2013
This was bought for my 90 year-old mother who does a daily crossword. She had been using an A-Z reference book with everything ordered by number of letters and was sceptical about this newfangled book. I've tried to convince her by helping her use it, but now admit defeat! It helps in 10-20% of cases when we get stuck. The rest of the time we can't find a relevant list.

The Complete Crossword Dictionary
The Complete Crossword Dictionary
by Merriam Webster

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you. Great value and efficient., 21 July 2013
This was bought for my 90 year-old mother who does a crossword every day. Her first copy had literally fallen apart from overuse. We are both delighted. Excellent value, condition just as described, and arrived much sooner than expected.

Olympic Baking Sheet
Olympic Baking Sheet

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but..., 27 Mar. 2013
I like them (I ordered 2), but wish I'd looked more closely at the description and/or illustration. The sheet has a raised lip on one of the 4 sides. I kind of assumed it would have some kind of a lip all around it. So it can't be used for foods that might leak water, oil etc, but that still leaves a lot of other uses. Also the single lip means there's only one side to grab hold of easily, which I'm still getting used to. Maybe it's what baking "sheet" means, and I should have gone for a baking "tray"? But nicely non stick and seems good quality.

World Atlas: Reference Edition (Collins)
World Atlas: Reference Edition (Collins)
by Collins Maps

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an atlas., 27 Mar. 2013
I was expecting the non-map content to be a bit more engaging. To be fair, this was a gift for my mother and I've not spent time studying it. But I may get the chance, as she's not impressed that I felt her slim school atlas from many years ago needed updating, so I may be receiving the new atlas back from her before long.

Draper 57673 Rechargeable Fluorescent Lamp
Draper 57673 Rechargeable Fluorescent Lamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, not as reliable as a previous model, 14 Nov. 2009
We bought a pair of very similar Draper lamps about 7-8 yrs ago. One packed up quite quickly, but its twin was used literally every day for years until the battery finally gave out. I had high hopes for this replacement. Unfortunately, it just hasn't proved reliable. Now just a year since buying it has totally packed up. First one of the light tubes packed up and replacing tube didn't fix it. Then the other packed up and it had that worrying smell of overheated electrics after charging. So it's headed for the bin. And have you seen the RRP now? £70+ - who do Draper think they're kidding, it's only worth a third of that. To summarise - good idea, good design, but unreliable.