Profile for hudsont > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Royal 841mm x 20m 90gsm Sovereign Natural Tracing Paper
Royal 841mm x 20m 90gsm Sovereign Natural Tracing Paper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dressmaking, 5 Jun. 2013
Brought this to trace dressmaking patterns and it ideal. its see through yet fairly robust, wide.
I will definitely be buying more paper again

Wild Republic Polybag Africa
Wild Republic Polybag Africa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for 2 year old boy, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Wild Republic Polybag Africa (Toy)
Good quality toys at good price but best of all was my Grandson son's reaction when he saw them. He was shaking with excitement

Dressmakers Squared Pattern Paper, W: 80 cm, 15m
Dressmakers Squared Pattern Paper, W: 80 cm, 15m
Offered by Creativ company

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for dressmaking patterns, 5 May 2013
Just the job for dressmaking patterns see trough, robust and wide. I will be buying again when run out of thisbroll.

Sewing for Children: 35 step-by-step projects to help kids aged 3 and up learn to sew
by Emma Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book Great projects for kids of all ages, 6 Oct. 2012
I love this book and highly recommend it. I have been using this book to teach my grandchildren and nieces (ages 3,6, 10 and 18) to sew. The younger ones first project was the pompoms. This was followed by the sock monsters which they still love and play with. These projects gave them the enthusiasm to learn more and 6 months in they still look forward to our monthly get togethers and making things that they personalise. They have also made the finger puppets and drawstring bags. The pictures look great and inspire the children to have a go - so far they have picked toys to make and they have loved the results. I have steered the younger ones towards the easier projects that can be completed in one session and gradually they are building up their sewing skills. They have already mastered running stitch, whip stitch and back stitch. My older nieces (age 10 and 18) had a go at the owl and the applique cushion which proved frustrating as first projects for them because they did not realise how long they would take to complete. On reflection, as with the younger ones, a first project that could of been completed in one session (approx 2 hours) would have been better. I have also made the owl as a doorstop for myself which looks really cute and made variations on the needlecase for gifts. All the projects have turned out very much like the pictures. The instructions are really clear and easy to follow. The projects use few materials and I have often been able to use scraps or recycled fabrics and buttons so the cost has been minimal for hours of fun and learning.

The L-Shaped Room
The L-Shaped Room
by Lynne Reid Banks

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The L-Shaped Room (Paperback)
I loved this book. Well written it was a very easy read and I read it in only a couple of sittings. It was surprising to remember the different attitude to unmarried mothers that existed not so many years ago.

More Blankets and Throws: 100 Stylish New Squares to Knit (C&B Crafts)
More Blankets and Throws: 100 Stylish New Squares to Knit (C&B Crafts)
by Debbie Abrahams

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 13 Jan. 2012
I love this book. I have not tried to knit a blanket yet but it has given me lots of ideas and made me want to have a go. I like the idea of making something very special, an hierloom, for each of my grandchildren. I have yet to learn the techniques to knit in more than one colour but these blankets seem an excellent way of learning and developing that particular skill.

Jackets for Real People: Tailoring Made Easy (Sewing for Real People Series)
Jackets for Real People: Tailoring Made Easy (Sewing for Real People Series)
by Marta Alto

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Takes the fear out of making jackets, 13 Jan. 2012
I brought this book to help with my City and Guilds Level 3 Advanced Jacket course. I found it invaluable from chose of fabrics and style, fabric preparation through to sewing methods and finishing the jacket. It took me through each stage of the making process with clear photos to back up the text. Although I did not use the suggested methods at all stages (my tutor had her own preferred tried and trusted methods in some cases) it certainly provided me with a few options and ideas and built up my knowledge. The tips provided thoughout the book were extremely useful. The text is written in a friendly easy to follow manner making you want to have a go. It was good to see models and options to suit all different shapes and sizes not just the perfect size 10. Now that the course is finished I look forward trying out a few more of the methods and techniques suggested in the book.

Power Ranger tm RPM tm Blue Ranger Muscle Chest Medium 5-6 years
Power Ranger tm RPM tm Blue Ranger Muscle Chest Medium 5-6 years

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for three year old boy, 13 Jan. 2012
I brought this for my 3 year old grandson at Christmas and he loved it. He put it on straight away and wore it most of the day. For the price I was surprised by how good the quality was.

Page: 1 | 2