Profile for J Baker > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Studio Headphones - 80 Ohm
beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Studio Headphones - 80 Ohm

5.0 out of 5 stars These cans are great!, 4 Jan. 2017
Amazing sound, comfortable. I wish I had purchased these sooner! Might just have to buy another set for work. 80 Ohm version works well with MacBook Pro or iPhone without an amp though I suspect they will sound even better through a pre-amp.

Roland A-800PRO USB MIDI Controller - Black
Roland A-800PRO USB MIDI Controller - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great well made Midi Controller, 20 Dec. 2016
Great Midi Controller. You can remap pretty much any of the controllers. Works flawlessly with Logic Pro X and Kontakt. It's lightweight and despite being plastic seems really well made. As you would expect from Roland.

Tiger Adjustable Table Top DJ Laptop Stand with Desk Clamps
Tiger Adjustable Table Top DJ Laptop Stand with Desk Clamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop stand, 20 Dec. 2016
Great laptop stand. I se the table top clamps in conjunction with a Gator Frameworks table style keyboard stand to hold my laptop above my midi keyboard controller. Works really well and is secure.

Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar System
Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound as expected from Bose, 20 Dec. 2016
Great sound, small unit and dialogue mode is great for those films where you are constantly changing volume. It is not as good for listening to music via bluetooth as it seems too bassy, even when turned right down, but as a TV sound bar it is hard to fault.

Frameworks GFW-UTILITY-TBL Heavy Duty Keyboard Table
Frameworks GFW-UTILITY-TBL Heavy Duty Keyboard Table

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sturdy stand that folds up small, 20 Dec. 2016
Solid stand, easy to fold and folds up small. I'm using it with my Midi Controller both in conjunction with a tiger laptop stand I clamp to the back and when I'm working at my DAW it fits perfectly in front of my desk.

Magnetic Whiteboard Kit - Includes Magnetic Drywipe Eraser (Colour Random), 10 x Strong Magnetic Magnets, 4 x Drywipe marker in Black, Red, Blue and Green.
Offered by Rybond

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality, 5 Nov. 2016
Terrible quality, board rubber is not magnetic and very cheap feeling, pens are smaller than normal whiteboard markers. Avoid.

SanDisk SDSDX-064G-X46 Extreme SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 45 MB/s read - 64 GB
Offered by B3Digital

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of fakes, even from Amazon.co.uk, 8 Aug. 2014
I ordered my item directly (sold and dispatched) from Amazon.co.uk and received a fake card matching exactly the description by a previous reviewer here: http://amzn.to/1vkJgpg

My card would not format properly and camera showed NO CARD.

To spot a fake:

The printing on the back of the packet is not sharp and the Rescue PRO tool logo on the back is fuzzy. The Serial number and MADE IN CHINA is printed whereas the MADE IN CHINA should be embossed into the plastic. The most obvious sign is that the read only slider is yellow on the fake and grey on the genuine ones. The gold writing on the front of the packaging is a little worn, with little black marks.

If you receive one return for immediate replacement. Hopefully Amazon will do an audit of their stock and remove the counterfeit items from their warehouse.

I am sure the genuine cards are excellent.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2015 10:19 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Resolved palm pain, 25 Oct. 2013
I have been getting sharp pains in the palm of my hand from working daily with a mouse. This cushion has elevated the issue.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Colour, 25 Oct. 2013
I was in two minds before I purchased this monitor as I had read all sorts of negative reviews about colour bleed, dead pixels, issues when scrolling etc. I may have been lucky, but I purchased this monitor for use with my Mac Mini and it is an excellent display. The colour is very accurate, I'm using the factory calibrated sRGB and Adobe RGB modes and they seem spot on. The standard U2413 monitor profile on Mavericks has washed out colours but if you choose the corresponding sRGB or AdobeRGB it works a treat.

I highly recommend this monitor. I also have a U2412, an excellent monitor, but if you need colour accuracy then there is no comparison. Having also owned a last gen Cinema display, this is my favourite so far.

2 Parts Hard PU Leather Case for Fuji FujiFilm Finepix X10 X20 digital Camera (Brown)
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally well made and perfect fit for half the price of the Fuji one, 29 May 2012
This is a lovely case that is exceptionally well made and fits the Fuji X10 perfectly. It feel like a quality item and has X10 embossed in the top of the case. It has a magnetic release so can be opened easily and is easy to remove to access memory card, battery or tripod mount. The picture shown is the X100 version but the case is essentially the same, only designed to fit the X10. Whether it fits with the 52mm filter adapter on, like the X100 version, I cannot say.

Page: 1 | 2