Profile for jhutch_nz > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Interestings
The Interestings
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story and acting .. shame it's just 1 hour, 16 July 2016
This review is from: The Interestings (Amazon Video)
Link to the 'Pilot season' survey didn't work. What's going on Amazon? How are you meant to give feedback? Feel very cheated, as not read the book so have no idea how the story ends. Very cruel :(

John Farnham - One Voice: the Greatest Clips
John Farnham - One Voice: the Greatest Clips
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Thought this was from his concert(s) ... when in fact it's just a collection of music videos., 17 Feb. 2015
Considering most of Johnny's hits are from the 80's/90's ... these videos are pretty cringey. So disappointed :-(
His music is AWESOME and he's absolutely amazing in concert, but sadly this dvd is NOT concert footage.

Bling Jewelry Sterling Silver Simulated Turquoise Glass Glitter Black Murano Glass Bead Fits Pandora
Offered by Bling Jewelry

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed with quality of the glass bead - given the (low) price., 10 Feb. 2014
Unfortunately the colours didn't suit my bracelet (it didn't look "exactly" like in picture) ... so I had to return it. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy/recommend Bling Jewelry beads in the future as they were of a very high quality.

The only difference (that I could tell) between them and my Pandora beads is there is no brand name "engraved" on the sterling silver inner rim. But when your bracelet is full you can't really see the (Pandora) engraving anyway, and from a distance, you definitely don't see/notice it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My nephew was well impressed., 10 Feb. 2014
He's a HUGE Top Gear fan he was over the moon with this photo. Had it framed and hanging on his wall before the rest of the family had finished unwrapping their Christmas pressies.

Nails Fashionista Collection
Nails Fashionista Collection

3.0 out of 5 stars Bottles smaller than I was expecting., 10 Feb. 2014
I appreciate that for the price this is just a "taster" set - so you can test which colours you like and then repeat purchase in "regular" size bottles. But I don't know why they had to miniaturise the lid/brush as well. Maybe it was my gigantic hands, but I found it very fiddly to apply the polish.

On a personal note I only liked/suited 2 of the 5 colours and didn't think that the polish lasted as long as other brands I use (but that could have been due to the difficulty I had applying it) - so I won't be repeat purchasing. Thankfully I got this during an Amazon sale - otherwise it wouldn't have been very cost effective.

I did really like the whole concept of "try before you buy", some colours just don't look (in person) like they do in photos. And the one nail test (you can usually get away with at a retail store) doesn't really give the full effect of whether it suits or not.
I wish more products offered this.

Lonely Planet Pocket Madrid (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Pocket Madrid (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing ... way too much on ART Museums., 10 Feb. 2014
I did a rough count of the 160 pages and it's split like this :-
25 pages (16%) just on Art Museums. This is not an accurate reflection of all the wonderful activities on offer in Madrid. The fabulous Maritime Museum (El Museo Navel) doesn't get a mention. It's not even on the (otherwise excellent) maps.

48 pages on Food/Drink/Shopping/Entertainment. Given that these topics are very subjective (peoples taste/budget can vary greatly) I think that 30% is far too much coverage. We followed one restaurant recommendation but embarrassingly had to leave after we'd placed our orders (but thankfully before the food arrived) ... when we noticed on the menu it said "we do not accept debit/credit cards". We had absolutely no cash on us. I asked if this was a new policy but they said it had been like that for years - quite an important piece of information that Lonely Planet neglected to mention.

Incredibly there are 37 pages wasted on things like Section Headers/Indexes/Maps ... I appreciate these ARE useful, but why so many pages? 23% of the book!! The small maps within the book are a bit redundant as it comes with a very comprehensive pull out map. In fact if rating JUST the pull out map, I'd give it 4/5 stars.

So that leaves a measly 50 pages dedicated to the type of facts/information/history I would generally expect from a Travel Guide. Very disappointing. I'm quite a season traveller, I have a mountain of travel books and always read up before heading off to new destinations but this is the first time I've used the Lonely Planet Pocket guides and I will definitely think twice before using them again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2016 9:55 PM BST

Skechers Women's Keepsake - Brrr Charcoal Pull On Boots 47220 7 UK
Skechers Women's Keepsake - Brrr Charcoal Pull On Boots 47220 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Normally a EUR41 ... but the UK7 fits OK., 8 Feb. 2014
In fact, it's a little on the large size.
The buttons are just for detail (they don't open/close) but that doesn't matter as the boot is nice and roomy round the calf - perfect for us larger ladies.
Great sole, it's not flat (like most sheepskin boots) which can be very bad for your feet. Can wear these all day and no achy feet.
Since they're suede I scotch guarded them first. Not worn them in heavy rain, but they've been through showers, sleet and puddles and haven't stained.
Really happy with my purchase. Wouldn't hesitate to buy second pair (in another colour) when price is right.

Stanley Consumables GRA004 340g Tough As Nails Exterior Grab Adhesive Tube
Stanley Consumables GRA004 340g Tough As Nails Exterior Grab Adhesive Tube

2.0 out of 5 stars It just didn't seem to work., 8 Feb. 2014
Followed the instructions to stick up some house number tiles ... but less than 2 months later one of the tiles fell off and smashed (was NOT happy).
Since I couldn't leave the remaining tile up by itself (would have been a bit confusing for the postman) I got a chisel and wedged it under the tile and it popped off without much effort at all. So pretty ineffective as an adhesive.
Quite disappointing. Would have expected more from this brand.

Disney Britto Mickey Mouse Mug
Disney Britto Mickey Mouse Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Am a huuuuuuuuge Britto (and Disney) fan ..., 8 Feb. 2014
The colours and designs just can't help but put a smile on your face. So this mug is the perfect tonic on a dreary winters morning for your tea/coffee.
And since it's microwaveable it also works a treat for zapping your lunchtime can of soup. The whole 400g can (should you be so inclined) fits in easily - with plenty of room that when you dunk your toast ... it doesn't spill out over the sides.

That is to say, the capacity is huuuuuuuuge. When full, I find it best to use two hands so it's probably not ideal for young children (score 3 - it's also works as a great hand warmer).

Top Marks for the seller too (TemporaryTattoos4U). Great discount, prompt delivery and genuine product.

4x3 Rung - 3.55m (11'8") Superior Latest 'Big Red Foot' Multi Purpose Ladder with free Extra Strong 2-part platform - Ladders
Offered by BPS Access Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm no handy-person ... but this ladder is QUALITY!!, 7 Feb. 2014
I initially purchased a different ladder through an Amazon Marketplace seller but had to return it THREE times. It had parts missing, parts that didn't match the instructions. It was pretty shoddy. And let's face it ... if you're going to scale a 3m+ ladder, you REALLY want to know that the thing is secure. I never even got to use the ladder, I just gave up and got a refund. The product was a 0/5, the Customer Service was 5/5.
So then I came across this ladder - and I couldn't be more pleased. AND it was £10 cheaper than the "nightmare" ladder.

As I live in a small flat I wasn't sure if this ladder would suit - it wasn't going to fold down as compactly as the previous one. But losing storage space was a compromise worth making.
This ladder is well made, feels sturdy and is of a very high standard (and by standard I mean MY standards ... not the EU regulations/standards. My first ladder was suppose to have met those standards, but it was far from feeling safe and sturdy).

This ladder from BPS Access Solutions arrived quickly, all the parts (nuts/bolts) were there, everything matched the instructions and it was a doddle to put together.

It did take me a while to get the hang of which part of the ladder folds/bends/extends which way - but then again it IS actually designed to contort into 13 different positions.
I also had to get use to how to "un-lock" the safety locks (I would try to move the lock between RED/GREEN manually ... rather than using the lever). But you can HEAR when everything is in the right place, as there's a very loud click.

This ladder has even made my folding loft ladder redundant. I've found that despite the extra time it takes to get the ladder from the spare room and erecting it below the loft ... the actual process of getting things in and out of the loft is MUCH easier. Especially when I use the platforms that came with this ladder.

If I had one complaint it would be that it's a shame the ladder isn't a bit longer. It's described as 3.55m but it's not like you can actually stand on the very top rung(s) of the ladder. Other than that, am a very happy customer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4