Profile for Jeff C. > Reviews

Content by Jeff C.

Jeff C. "Blues lover" (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Rolling Stones: From the Vault - Live in Leeds 1982 [ DVD+2 CD] [NTSC]
The Rolling Stones: From the Vault - Live in Leeds 1982 [ DVD+2 CD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ The Rolling Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Only Rock n Roll, but I like it ............, 24 Nov. 2015
Having collected all the 'From the vault' releases this was the most eagerly awaited one to date. The reason being 'I was there' with my older brother whom sadly passed away 3 years ago. We both had fond memories of the day we saw the Greatest Rock n Roll band in the world, a lovely summers day all those years ago. My memory told me the Stones were brilliant, but time can play tricks. This dvd/cd set confirms they were BRILLIANT and not 'just my imagination' The others reviews give more details, I would just add BUY IT !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2015 11:00 PM GMT

From The Vault - Hampton Coliseum - Live In 1981 [DVD+ 2CD] [2014] [NTSC]
From The Vault - Hampton Coliseum - Live In 1981 [DVD+ 2CD] [2014] [NTSC]
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Rock n Roll band in the World, 25 Jun. 2015
Another great release of a vintage Stones performance. This shows the band at their tightest, great playing, great choice of songs. Nice packaging with interesting info. Watch the dvd in the house and then listen to it in the car. A must for Stones fans.

From The Vault - L.A. Forum -Live In 1975 [DVD] [2014] [NTSC]
From The Vault - L.A. Forum -Live In 1975 [DVD] [2014] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies and Gentlemen - The Rolling Stones, 25 Jun. 2015
This dvd/cd set covers the 1st tour Woody did as a Rolling Stone. I obtained this show years ago as a bootleg because it was the only way to get it. Sadly the quality was awful and although I loved the performance viewing was not a great experience. But now we can buy the official version - what a gig this was. Brilliant inter action between Woody and Keef. Great packaging with a booklet with interesting info. If you are a Stones fan, just buy it.

From The Vault: The Marquee - Live In 1971 [Dvd] [2015] [NTSC]
From The Vault: The Marquee - Live In 1971 [Dvd] [2015] [NTSC]
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars They just keep on Rolling !, 25 Jun. 2015
If you are a Stone fan I would suggest you buy all 3 of From the Vault releases because they cover different eras of the band. This dvd/cd set is the shortest in time but just as good in quality of performance. Great packaging on a book fold sleeve and interesting info in the booklet.

Stillness In Motion: Vai Live In L.A. [2DVD] [2015]
Stillness In Motion: Vai Live In L.A. [2DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Steve Vai
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greats !, 11 April 2015
What can be said about Steve Vai that as not already been said. I saw him on this tour and have waited for this dvd to be released since then. I do not like entering the debate about who is the greatest guitarist because they all bring things to the table but Vai is up there with the best. Buy and enjoy

Revolution Saints
Revolution Saints
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait !, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Revolution Saints (Audio CD)
This is the BEST rock cd I have purchased for a long time. I had heard the single Turn Back Time last year and was immediately impressed by this 'new' band. I then found out the personnel in the band and knew the album would be good. In my opinion this is what is best in rock music, brilliant vocals, great songs with melodies that stand out straight away. And when you put a Les Paul in the hands of guitarist Doug Aldrich you know you are in for a treat. Every song contains a blistering guitar solo. The overall feel to the album is influenced by the best of 80's rock music. I played it for the 1st time hoping it would live up to my expectations, I then played it again and again without a break. I cannot speak too highly of this album. If you like rock music........ just buy it. NOW !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2015 7:28 PM BST

Mens Titanium Ring-8mm Wide Simulated Diamonds Classic Unisex Gold gp Wedding Engagement Band Ring-Size T
Offered by BestToHave

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Feb. 2015
Nice ring, ideal for a night out..

No Man's Land (Green Fields Of France) - The Official 2014 Poppy Appeal Single
No Man's Land (Green Fields Of France) - The Official 2014 Poppy Appeal Single

5.0 out of 5 stars STUNNING AND MAKES YOU FEEL GRATEFUL !!!!!, 12 Nov. 2014
Ist.. Hats off to Amazon, I ordered this cd on Monday night and it was delivered Tuesday afternoon- great service. 2nd Being as this is for a fantastic cause there should be no complaints off anyone. Finally the recording itself. Every year I watch the Remembrance Festival at the RAH and was watching this year when Joss Stone and Jeff Beck appeared. Being a big fan of Beck I waited to see what they performed, I had no knowledge of this being the official Poppy Appeal song. Well everyone is entitled to there opinion but I think this is 'stunning', I hear people shouting, it's sentimental, it has lost the true meaning of the original etc, etc. For pity's sake music is there to be performed in different ways not just one way or only the original way. Personally Joss Stone's vocals hit the spot more than the original for me, she sounds emotional ! I bet some people are up in arms over this review but each to his/her own.....

Live At Bush Hall 2007
Live At Bush Hall 2007
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone but not forgotten !!!!!!!!, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Live At Bush Hall 2007 (Audio CD)
Having all Gary's studio and live albums I knew what to expect but due to the songs on this cd it makes a brilliant addition to my collection. As another reviewer wrote Gary focused on material from the Close as you get album and so the collection gives you live recordings not available elsewhere. This is just another example of how good - NO brilliant, Gary was. I just wished he was still with us. I have said it before but I shall say it again - Gary Moore was one of the BEST guitarists ever ! So buy this and the Montreux live collection and you will have some of the best live electric Blues ever played !!

The Very Best Of Thunder [Explicit]
The Very Best Of Thunder [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars The one and only Thunder, 20 Sept. 2013
I have been a fan of Thunder since I walked into a record store many years ago and they were playing a unknown track to me, then another followed. By the 3rd song I was hooked and I had to ask the assistant who it was, it's the debut album by a band called Thunder was the reply. So I bought the album there and then. Further albums followed, which I added to my collection. So why buy this set ? I bought the download version so to put on my mp3 player etc. The price of the download is 1/2 the price of say, a Robbie Williams album but you get 3 disc' worth, 44 tracks and music that's a 1000 times better. Why they never became one of the biggest bands in the world I will never know. I think it was a case of being in the right place at the wrong time. By the time Thunder arrived this type of rock was on the way out unfortunately and then we were exposed sadly to the the continuing era of 'boy bands'. I think Thunder were up there with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden (I actually prefer Thunder). They had better crafted songs and a better singer than Def Leppard. This 3 disc set gives you the highlights and some wonderful live recordings on disc 3. Talking of which what a live band they are and still doing it. In Danny Bowes you have on of the best British rock singers ever and a great front man. For there sakes I wished they could of become more successful , but at least they gave us some great music. So buy this collection now, plug in your air guitar and turn off X-factor.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3